Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PokerJake
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

While playing my TWD, I noticed there is a lot of pop bumper action. I love pop bumpers, especially really sensitive ones that like to throw the ball back up into lane rollovers. It got me thinking what games other people like regarding bumpers. I had a RBION for a while, and while it was a solid game, seemed like the pop bumper/rollover area was under utilized.

IMDN, TWD and AFM all have solid pop bumper action. My WCS leaves a little to be desired, seems like when it enters the right rollover it has tendency to fall right through the pops. My old Stern Star Trek had great action but Star Wars seemed to have little pop bumper action.

What do you guys like?

#2 5 years ago

MM/MMR sometimes stays in there for 25 or 30 hits towards the Super Jets $1000000 award .

#3 5 years ago

There's also a video floating around with a space invaders doing the same thing.

#4 5 years ago

Whirlwind has my vote. There aren’t many other games with 6 pop bumpers, and every multiball dumps all the balls right into the low pressure jets for some great action.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's also a video floating around with a space invaders doing the same thing.

I had a Mephisto that used to do that all the time.

#6 5 years ago

Firepower

#7 5 years ago

T2 has better pop action than any other game I’ve ever had

#8 5 years ago

Black Hole, the pops are lethal

#9 5 years ago

-

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

My Silverball mania sometimes does this - the ball gets perfectly lodged in the lower portion of the left bumper and happily bounces off the back end rubber of the horseshoe. I don't like to leave it there too long in fear of the coil or driver board frying.

#11 5 years ago

BOP seems to have pretty intense action.

#12 5 years ago

I was just thinking about a thread like this!
TWD gets my vote, will skillful nudging it stays in the pops forever!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I was just thinking about a thread like this!
TWD gets my vote, will skillful nudging it stays in the pops forever!

I love TWD, going to be staying for a long time. It'd be nice to find a System 11 with good bumper action. I liked my Whirlwind but something about it seemed off.

#14 5 years ago

Although I’m not a huge fan of the game, TSPP has some great pop action. You can keep the ball bouncing up the left orbit and back into the pops for a few cycles.

#15 5 years ago

Always liked the pops in EBD. Nice and exposed, tons of action, and dangerous.

#16 5 years ago

The lower pop on my Cyclopes is pure evil. It's been beating me up tonight.

#17 5 years ago

I just rebuilt all the pops on my Dipsy Doodle. They are nuts now. Haha.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just rebuilt all the pops on my Dipsy Doodle. They are nuts now. Haha.

That looks amazing, nothing like pops on an EM with the chimes.

#19 5 years ago

It was an unforgettable night back in my mid 20's

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I love TWD, going to be staying for a long time. It'd be nice to find a System 11 with good bumper action. I liked my Whirlwind but something about it seemed off.

Really? My TWD pops are kinda meh.

Worst has to be TOM. Half of the time the ball will slide right through without touching any of them.

#21 5 years ago

Frontier and Paragon come to mind. Paragon has the center target, plus the two saucers that you can go for with good nudging skills. Frontier has the rollovers and the "secret" bonus collect entry with a bit of luck.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Frontier and Paragon come to mind. Paragon has the center target, plus the two saucers that you can go for with good nudging skills. Frontier has the rollovers and the "secret" bonus collect entry with a bit of luck.

Paragon is fun, haven't had the chance at a Frontier. I don't know if I could ever own a game without pops, maybe Shadow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pop-bumper-action and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.