(Topic ID: 256504)

Best plug and play arcade multicade?? advice please

By captainadam_21

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

#1 4 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am putting together a Christmas list for my wife and was thinking about asking for a plug and play arcade game. There are so many options out there that I do not know which one to get. I'd like one with all the classic arcade games from the 80/90s. I have a 70 inch QLED tv, if that makes a difference.

Does anyone on pinside have one of these or any advice to offer? Thank you.

https://www.amazon.com/Barbella-Console-Portable-Pandoras-Joystick/dp/B07JNBZXQF/ref=zg_bs_166201011_62

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Happy Thanksgiving!
I am putting together a Christmas list for my wife and was thinking about asking for a plug and play arcade game. There are so many options out there that I do not know which one to get. I'd like one with all the classic arcade games from the 80/90s. I have a 70 inch QLED tv, if that makes a difference.
Does anyone on pinside have one of these or any advice to offer? Thank you.
amazon.com link »

There is alot of cool stuff on Etsy that would meet your needs.

#3 4 years ago

Hey love your avatar btw!! So as far as plug n play units go, the one referenced is OK for what it is, a Chinese emulated multiboard with everything included. There are a ton of games including all the popular classics as well as side scrollers...however the hardware is junk and the emulation not great...many games have lag and the audio is off on a lot of them...for a pinhead who is looking to just mess around with it occasionally it’ll be OK...if you plan on spending any amount of time on it I’d look elsewhere...even the 60-1 boards which are super cheap now have better emulation (although they don’t save scores)...if you don’t want to dedicate the space to an upright cab (or even a cabaret) you could pickup a used X-Arcade tankstick which has solid commercial hardware and pair it with a simple version of Hyperspin or a similar front end. Some of the MAME setups can be tricky to setup but they make ones now that aren’t as involved that are essentially pnp. You could probably be in a setup assuming you’re using your TV for around the same price as the system you referenced and you’d have way better emulation and hardware! Just my 2c

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

#4 4 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/Plug-Classic-Pinball-Joystick-Toymax/dp/B01C6LXGYW

Just pinball. I have had one of these for ten years and use it a lot when I travel or just when no real machines were around.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-plug-and-play-arcade-multicade-advice-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.