9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheDude
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Hi,
    Vid recommends PPG JC660 but I find it very hard to get shipped to Denmark. What similar product are users from Europe using?

#2 9 years ago

Do you have a link showing PPG JC660, that way I might be able to find you an EU equivalent match from our body shop computer?

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from Muppet_Man:

Do you have a link showing PPG JC660, that way I might be able to find you an EU equivalent match from our body shop computer?

Thank you, I have never bought anything else then spraycans.
    This will be my first time using the "real" gear so helping me find a good clear that can be used for great playfield result is very much appreciated.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration/page/16#post-1669058

#4 9 years ago

Okay, got it. I'll look it up tomorrow at work.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Muppet_Man:

Okay, got it. I'll look it up tomorrow at work.

Thank you.

Also if other people have good experience with a brand that is available in Europe please share or are no one clear coating in Europe?

#6 9 years ago

Hmm.. why not asking this in an "EU" forum?

I prefer still canned clear coat, for i do not cleacoat playfields the whole day.
    Here i only use spraymaxx 2k. Its available in 250ml an 400ml cans.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

I prefer still canned clear coat, for i do not cleacoat playfields the whole day.
    Here i only use spraymaxx 2k. Its available in 250ml an 400ml cans.

How many cans are you using for a playfield and do you have an image of the result? I was not sure if you could get a thick enough "depth" with cans?

3 weeks later
    #8 9 years ago

So how did it go, what kind of clear did you end up using?

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheDude:

So how did it go, what kind of clear did you end up using?

I will use spraymaxx 2k this time as recommended.
    But I am still looking for a good clear for my spraygun and the next playfields.
    Do you have any recommendations?

#10 9 years ago

I will try to get some Du Pont ChromaBase 7765S and some ChromaClear G2-7779S tomorrow. I will let you guys know how that plan develops.

Why? you ask, because of Felix!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-playfield-clearcoat-available-in-eu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.