Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sunnRAT
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luppin:

Which are your favorite player machines with long lastability?
    I am a good player and hate easy machines, I get bored immediately. Some machines are punishing and in my opinion those are also often the ones who last long in a home collection.
    Basically think in the opposite direction than great machines for casual players and location. Think instead about machines for good players who want to own the machines for very long time, playing at home, alone, not trying to impress any friend.
    In the end please also specify how much you like the theme of the chosen machines: just because I believe we all are very influenced by the theme (nothing bad about it), so it will help me to understand your choices.

Ripley's Believe It Or Not. My longest tenured game at over 10 years and there is no end in sight. For a more recent game for me, JJP POTC. Not going anywhere anytime soon. Both have deep challenging rulesets with tons of shot variety that keep me interested every time. I happen to like both themes as well, which doesn't hurt. I wouldn't let a bad theme get in the way of a good game though. Iron Maiden did nothing for me as a theme, but the game was so good I still bought one and the music has grown on me.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Ugh! Both of those games play FOREVER!

With no ball saves on either game I don't know about forever, but with deep challenging games, to get far into them you do need to play for an extended period of time to see what the game has to offer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-player-machines-lastability?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.