Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jrivelli
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0987.JPG
    Strip light 3.JPG
    Strip light 2.JPG
    image-113.jpg
    IMGA0569.JPG
    IMGA0561.JPG
    CoinTaker Logo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from jjeffrey69:

Ok, so what's with the lower voltage [LEDs]? Bare with me.. Getting started here..

Not sure I understand the question... LEDs generally run at the same voltage as the incandescents (6.3v, except for flashers and a small number of exceptions such as the 24v bulbs that light the Black Hole and Haunted House lower playfields)

1 week later
    #94 9 years ago

Comet for me. Art is literally the best. If he doesn't have what I need, I head over to Cointaker. They're great too.

Quoted from mrgregb123:

Have any of you purchased the LED OCD kit that makes the LEDs fade like incandescent? Just got mine for TAF. I can't recommend it enough! Easy install, pretty easy config.....IMHO a must for anyone moving to LEDs.

^ absolutely! LED OCD and GI OCD are must-haves for anyone who really wants their game's lighting to look as good as it can. Incandescent-like fading, eliminates ghosting, eliminates flickering, and lets you configure the brightness and fade effect of every insert individually. They are a real difference maker, and Herg's customer support is top notch.

Man, the LEDs in my Funhouse were really sharp and harsh at first. That game does a ton of flashing of the playfield inserts - the clock and hands and other inserts flash in unison when you do certain common shots. But with LED OCD, that little bit of fade it adds makes a huge difference. It's just awesome now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-place-to-purchase-leds?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.