Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jrivelli
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0987.JPG
    Strip light 3.JPG
    Strip light 2.JPG
    image-113.jpg
    IMGA0569.JPG
    IMGA0561.JPG
    CoinTaker Logo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 9 years ago

I would also say comet, but with a caveat. Namely that no one sells the best of everything. In my case having bought some of comets blinkers for my jp rather disappointed. They blink much more often than that original 455. They also blink in unison an awful lot. Not saying one or two, but the entire row will blink altogether 3-4 times in a row every minute or so.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry About that, we were on leave for the Holidays.....and had 12 days of orders backed up.
    Regarding blinking bulbs, It can be hard to put circuitry in that will override some signals from a game, and achieve the "desired" blinking rate.
    However, if anyone can design the bulb, I am certain all vendors would be interested in carrying.
    We have tried "Fast" Blink, and "Slow" Blink, but it is so inconsistent, depending on both game, and desired "blinking" interval, unique to each application.

Not sure I follow the overriding signals from a game. The 455's are used as a GI bulb. In a DE System 3 game they are either on or off. Even leaving the game in attract mode in which they are always on there should be no signals to override?

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I am happy to stand corrected for anything I say....I truly am a pin collector for 43 years, but still no talent with a soldering iron.
    As Blinker Bulbs may be used in GI or Backboxes, even inserts, and different games have either "on" or "off", others have fades, controlled blinking, etc.
    When someone buys blinking bulbs, they often have a use and expectation of function.
    Its obvious, current blinkers dont satisfy everyones needs.
    I guess its my assumption that a variable, user controlled blinking rate would solve this.
    What I meant was with the myriad of games, even using a blinking bulb in a Capcom Pinball Magic,
    I would expect there are games and locations where even a variable bulb might have some issues.
    Part of this may also be based on my recent, and current failed attempt at 6.3V, AC/DC RGB strips.
    We could not find a way to prevent attract mode, to resetting the stored settings.
    So they will be released, we hope, for GI only, only for AC. They work great in either...but forgot to think about attract settings....

Understandable and like I said happy with everything else I have from comet. At the same time when something is sold as
    "1 SMD 5050 #455 SUPERIOR BRIGHT SLOW BLINK NATURAL OR WARM WHITE. NOW IN BOTH BASES!" and specifies "On a back box, where you want a graphic to blink, when it currently is not. In a GI area, for a desired blinking affect."

One would expect it to act like the old #455 Bulbs you are replacing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-place-to-purchase-leds?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.