Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jrivelli
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0987.JPG
    Strip light 3.JPG
    Strip light 2.JPG
    image-113.jpg
    IMGA0569.JPG
    IMGA0561.JPG
    CoinTaker Logo.JPG
    There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now put a Comet 6.3v 7 led strip in the center drain and see what happens.

Mounted to the apron? Where? Pics, please.

#102 9 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

For GI... none yet, sadly. Both companies offer a "retro" bulb with clear dome which strives to duplicate the original look of incandescent type 44/47's. Unfortunately, neither are warm enough for me. Cointaker's is known as the warm white retro ($1.29 or $1.10 after discount). Comet calls it the 1 LED Retro Look bulb which is a mere 49 cents. Between the two, the Comet is warmer and easier on the eyes. If Comet managed to warm up the tone, this would be a killer bulb to re-lamp an entire playfield with. Ah, finally! Until then, it's best to stick with type 47 incandescents for all direct-view bulb locations.

I was actually impressed with Comet's retro bulbs when I gave them a try--they seemed to match up well enough for me. The brightness and color temperature seemed to match up pretty close to an incandescent.

#103 9 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

The fuse was the original. Should we be changing fuses too when converting to LEDs?

No stay with the original value per manual. The fuse is good right, you took it out and tested it.

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from dtown:

Mounted to the apron? Where? Pics, please.

I don't have a picture for Getaway but it looks the same as on the 2 pictures of HS. The 3rd picture is the strip mounted on Mustang. On all games with the metal ball chute piece the mounting is the same as Mustang. Just make sure the strip is mounted as high as it will go so the ball doesn't hit it. Then alligator clip it under the pf to a near buy sling bulb. And before you stick it down move it from side to side when it's lit and watch the shadow of the flippers so the light is centered.

Strip light 2.JPGStrip light 2.JPG
    Strip light 3.JPGStrip light 3.JPG
    IMGA0987.JPGIMGA0987.JPG

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Hmm thats interesting because they all come from the the same factory's over seas so not sure your statment is correct .

NOT True ,,,

#106 9 years ago

Just a heads up warm white temps among bulbs will vary from run to run on occasion from the same factory. Not always but definitely happens.

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-place-to-purchase-leds/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.