(Topic ID: 105443)

Best Place to Order MB3730 Amp Chip (DE Sound Board)

By PIN_GROOM

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PIN_GROOM
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PIN_GROOM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I looked at Great Plains, since I've heard so much good, but he doesn't seem to have it.

Google brought up a couple places, but I've never heard of/ dealt with them.

In addition, Neither site seems to allow you to calculate shipping without creating an account. This is one of my pet peeves. When I got into this hobby, I was so relieved to find that most of "our" retailers do calculate shipping without signing in. Is that hard somehow? (Rhetorical)

I've got this BTTF...the woofer was missing, and the wires were just lying on the speaker grill. There's no A/C coming out, so I thought I would just throw a chip at it and go from there.

The board also has the Hum and Buzz (playfield lighting related buzz) that Google tells me is common and rarely really fixed, but that can be dealt (or lived) with later. I already tried recapping the spots I would have suspected might cause problems, and installed the missing power supply screws to no avail. Another day...

Thanks for any help.

#3 9 years ago

Excellent! I would never have bought out of China (HK) due to a high rate of semiconductor counterfeiting, but since you've had good luck and it's $6, I think I'll give that a spin.

Cheaper is better than faster in this instance.

Thanks!

#5 9 years ago

Oh, I know. It's rampant in audio electronics. Just Google "Counterfeit Transistor" and you'll get quite a bit. In fact, I just did it again for the first time in a while, and look what came up.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/Information.asp?region=133

Down at the bottom the seller that Cactus Jack has had good luck with is listed.

The questions then, are where can I get a genuine part, and does this particular counterfeit work properly? 'Cause really, I just want one that does the job.

Jack: Have you bought a lot of stuff from this seller and/ or have you bought this particular part?

Thanks!

#11 9 years ago

Evan,

http://sound.westhost.com/counterfeit.htm

Click on the links near the top of the page for many images of fakes.

Rod Elliot is pretty well respected in DIY audio circles if you don't know that already.

If he says it's true, I believe him. Never had a problem myself.

1 month later
#14 9 years ago

I ended up using Bob Roberts. It worked out fine.

Bob has a quirky, old school way of doing business, but it went great.

This way of doing things appeals to me, but we still hand write tickets at work, and only very grudgingly began accepting credit cards. (Leaches)

You go Bob!

Thanks to all that contributed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PIN_GROOM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-place-to-order-mb3730-amp-chip-de-sound-board?tu=PIN_GROOM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.