(Topic ID: 267879)

Best place to order from now?

By QuarterGrabber

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 8.28.08 PM (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

I would like to get a bunch of mods and parts for one of my titles. Things such as a Playfield protector, a bunch of mods, pin blades, Etc. I was going to order from mezel mods because it is a great one stop shop where I can get everything in one place. However when I went to their website today I read that because of covid-19 they are not shipping things for weeks and shipping will be very slow and I will have to wait a long time for my products. Who is everybody else out there using for parts and such right now? Who is still shipping quickly and getting parts to you at a reasonable time? Thank you for your advice

#2 3 years ago

Marco and Pinball Life are shipping. You are at the mercy of the shipping co. though. I got packages from both in the last couple of weeks.

#3 3 years ago

Concur with @drummermike, Marco and Pinball Life are shipping. I am in Southern Illinois about 250 miles southwest of Pinball Life who are in Huntley, Illinois. I get my orders in just two days from them.

#4 3 years ago

I ordered from Pinball Life for the first time a week or so ago ... got my items in about 3 days.

#5 3 years ago

Marco got to me in 3 days last week.

We'll see how quick Action comes this week!

#6 3 years ago

Marco has always been quick getting things to me in California

#7 3 years ago

I have multiple projects going and have ordered from a bunch of places and all have arrived in timely fashion.

#8 3 years ago

Pinballlife is my go to. Ordered parts Friday afternoon. Just got notice this morning they shipped out. Never had problems with them

#9 3 years ago

Planetary Pinball Supply, Marco Specialties, Pinball Life, Pinball Resource, Titan, Comet, all seem to get things out fast.

I've noticed even with tracking, things usually arrive a day sooner. The post office and UPS, maybe aren't as busy as normal right now ?

LTG : )

#10 3 years ago

I will toss in another good word for Pinball Life. They have been my go to and I have never been disappointed.

#11 3 years ago

It stinks with this lockdown, I love going to pick up my parts from PBL and play some games while waiting, they are such great people there.

#12 3 years ago

Marco is my go to. I ordered on Tuesday and it was delivered on Saturday

#13 3 years ago

Pinball Resource good prices fast shipping

#14 3 years ago

Placed a 22 line order with DigiKey last night at 11PM, shipped it by 9:30AM.

#15 3 years ago

Thank you for the responses! Yes I love pinball life however I don't think they have all the mods for Iron Maiden available? That's what is awesome about mezel mods. It is a one-stop-shop. I will order whatever I can from pinball life because they are amazing to deal with. For the people saying pinball resource , is that not just Gottlieb only? Does he carry products for newer sterns now? We are talking about Steve Young's pinball resource right?

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

For the people saying pinball resource , is that not just Gottlieb only? Does he carry products for newer sterns now? We are talking about Steve Young's pinball resource right?

Yes. Steve Young, Pinball Resource.

He does have products for other manufacturers. New games and old.

Steve does have the Gottlieb license so he is the go to guy for manuals and game specific parts, for Gottlieb.

#17 3 years ago

I put in an order with Planetary Pinball last Sunday night, shipped Monday evening, received my package Friday morning through FedEx. Basically Reno to Minneapolis in 3.5 days.

I'm very happy with my experience.

#18 3 years ago

Since you are in Ottawa -- avoid anyone who ships with UPS. They will charge exorbitant brokerage fees.

#19 3 years ago

Pinball resource, if he doesn't have it, you don't need it.
    Steve rocks. Only place I've used for the last 16 years.

#20 3 years ago

I ordered from Planetsry, PL, Marco, Comet, Pinbits and Titan all in the last 3 weeks. Orders shipped just like our old normal. And as LTG said even sooner by a day.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from UFO:

Pinball resource, if he doesn't have it, you don't need it.
    Steve rocks. Only place I've used for the last 16 years.

The issue I have with steve is he is stuck in 1993. He sends you the parts, then you send a cheque to him as payment. I would prefer to do paypal or credit card

#22 3 years ago

You can now pay online at PBR. I paid through some third party site last time. Here are the options I got last time:

options
    1. bank draft
    2. international money order (Canada...postal money orders are fine)
    3. a US check, do you have a friend/associate here that can write a check on your behalf?
    4. US currency, we have had good luck and this many times is the lowest transaction cost

5. Transfer Wise: www.transferwise.com

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

You can now pay online at PBR

That's amazing. When did he change that??

#24 3 years ago

We are shipping mods out as normal, typically within one day of ordering. We try to keep an inventory so nobody has to wait very long.

#25 3 years ago

That's amazing. When did he change that??

That order was from a year ago

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

We are shipping mods out as normal, typically within one day of ordering. We try to keep an inventory so nobody has to wait very long.

That is amazing news because one of the mods I wanted to get from mezel mods was yours. Actually I think two or three of them were? I wanted to get the sarcophagus flasher for Iron Maiden Pro and I think there were two more of your mods I wanted to get. I have to check mezel mods website again

#27 3 years ago

Don't forget us...

http://www.pingraffix.com
    Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 8.28.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-04 at 8.28.08 PM (resized).png

#28 3 years ago

https://themodcouplepinball.com/ Dave's shipping fast too !

#29 3 years ago

That is amazing news because one of the mods I wanted to get from mezel mods was yours. Actually I think two or three of them were? I wanted to get the sarcophagus flasher for Iron Maiden Pro and I think there were two more of your mods I wanted to get. I have to check mezel mods website again

You can order direct off our website

Lermods.com

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Don't forget us...
    http://www.pingraffix.com
    [quoted image]

Yes I have your PIN blades on every single one of my machines. That was another thing I was going to get from mezel mods was your PIN blades, LOL. I just figured if I got it there I can get everything from everybody in One shipment. But it looks like I'll just have to do a bunch of separate shipments but at least I will get it faster.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

https://themodcouplepinball.com/ Dave's shipping fast too !

I just checked out his website and unfortunately nothing for Iron Maiden

#32 3 years ago

I just checked out his website and unfortunately nothing for Iron Maiden

Contact Dave. He's quite skilled. Maybe he can whip something up.

#33 3 years ago

www.pinballpro.com

We are shipping as normal, accessories and new games!

#34 3 years ago

All the aforementioned businesses are fantastic, and I've done many great transactions with all of them. But for a little clarification about MezelMods: They're working with a skeleton crew, and their supply situation (especially with custom-made mods) are slowed down significantly DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU'RE ORDERING. Their note about shipping says it may take up to two weeks...that doesn't mean what you order WILL take two weeks. I just ordered something from them and got it in under a week...and they ship it priority mail in most cases. Their little piddly warning isn't going to scare me off from doing business with a great company and great people.

#35 3 years ago

Thank you for your advice everybody. Just placed a massive pinball Life order. Man they carry everything. They're a one-stop-shop now as well, LOL. I found almost everything on there with the exception of Lermods sarcophagus mod which I will order from him directly. Thank you again for your help

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-place-to-order-from-now?hl=meri-cah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.