(Topic ID: 143030)

Best place to buy these connectors and pins?

By Arcade

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by L_satan
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1176.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Got a Bally KISS that has a smashed connector with loose pins and broken plastic housing.
What size connector and pins are these and are they available someplace?
If not what are other alternatives to getting these back into shape again.

IMG_1176.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Not sure on size, looks like .156 https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/ Ed has them and tools.

LTG : )™

#3 4 years ago

I bought my pins from Marcos. They have really good customer service. I received 5 sets of connectors and pins and one was wrong and I had a replacement by the next week. Look in your manual for the part number though Marcos site can also tell you which connector you need.

#4 4 years ago

Awesome. Thanks Lloyd and dmbjunky.
The connectors are very small and are the ones that come up from under the playfield.
.156 is probably correct but I will check the manual. (Doh, but I am not with the machine currently)
I just don't remember seeing these connectors when shopping on Marcos page in the past.
I will check it out though as well as great plains

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not sure on size, looks like .156 https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/ Ed has them and tools.

you're just testing if we're all paying attention right?
GPE is the place for sure .. but ...they are .100's on bally boards.

#6 4 years ago

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=68

remember it doesnt matter if it has the locking ramp and you very likely might need to change the header pins on the pcb as well.

how many circuits is it meant to be? count the pins on the board

#8 4 years ago

yeah and its WRONG.. thats the larger ones for the power supply.

#9 4 years ago

Just checked it out.
.100 is correct.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

yeah and its WRONG.. thats the larger ones for the power supply.

LOL yeah corrected.

#11 4 years ago

this looks like J1 on the lamp driver ? its a 28 pin like 22-01-2287 but GPE is out of stock.

this is a hard plug to find. you might need to buy a loom off a wreck to get it

the option if you arent obsessive about it being original.. 13+15=28 .. use two plugs

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

you're just testing if we're all paying attention right?

No, I said I wasn't sure on size. I was hoping those that knew would chime in. And thank you !

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

this looks like J1 on the lamp driver ? its a 28 pin like 22-01-2287 but GPE is out of stock.
this is a hard plug to find. you might need to buy a loom off a wreck to get it
the option if you arent obsessive about it being original.. 13+15=28 .. use two plugs

Thanks.
I am in no way obsessive.
I think you are correct. I will have to count the pins tomorrow when I am with the machine and see what the total is on that plug.

#14 4 years ago

Big Daddy Electronics has what you need on kit form. Order direct from them or they have them on Ebay too. Get crimpers too.

#15 4 years ago

Here is the crimp tool you will want. Does both crimps at once and works well.

amazon.com link »

#16 4 years ago

I will check out big Daddy.
I have a crimper someplace. Just have to locate it.
But thanks for the link.

#17 4 years ago

If you do not have one of the ratcheting crimp tools you need to invest the $23. The time it will save you is worth every penny.

#18 4 years ago

The old yellow handled automotive crimpers are NOT the ones you need for this job. While you are at it, order a couple hundred pins and re pin the entire backbox, .100s 156s all. You will thank yourself later.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Validpowerdetect:

The old yellow handled automotive crimpers are NOT the ones you need for this job. While you are at it, order a couple hundred pins and re pin the entire backbox, .100s 156s all. You will thank yourself later.

This is the trurth. Look how scummy looking those crimp pins are. You know the header posts are going to look just as bad too.

#1 thing i end up needing to fix in old bally games is always connectors.

#20 4 years ago

Also, to save some money, the shells need not be replaced 99.999% of the time, just re-use the old ones. And, a pin tool is not needed for removal, just a small screwdriver in the slot, push down and pull.

#21 4 years ago

Pro Tip: Don't try the rookie move of trying to sand either the headers, or the female pins. Might work for a week, then you're back to square one.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Validpowerdetect:

just a small screwdriver in the slot, push down and pull.

No reason to be gentle when compressing the holding tab when you remove these. Since you are replacing them, use a small screwdriver and gently jam that tab in....then they simply pull out without trying to coordinate the push with the pull!

#23 4 years ago

Get pins from GPE or Big Daddy.

#24 4 years ago

Don't forget to order some keying plugs too, you will need them .. Part Number: 15-04-9209

#25 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. Went with Big Daddy as they had the 28 pin housings as well as everything else I needed.
And yes dasvis, I did remember the keying plugs.
Thanks again to every one who replied.
You are what makes Pinside great.

#26 4 years ago

i just bought 1000 of the .100 crimp connectors for 40 bucks from this guy:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/hhaase

Thats a killer deal

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Won't find these connectors at any of these sources.

Well, I agree that the first place to go is GPE. Best prices, and much easier to find exactly what you need. And you reminded me that I'm almost out of most sizes - I'll be reordering soon.

#30 4 years ago

Yeah, I kinda have an issue with 'one of the three' in that list. I often stock up items when a last time buy is issued. Twice recently, my Molex order has been cut in half with no explanation. I later found out that 'the other distributor' wanted some of them so my order was reduced and some of MY parts were sent to them. Sucks not having as much pull as they do.

#31 4 years ago

GPE for connector housing.
Jameco for pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Greenwood, AR
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 157.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside