(Topic ID: 25220)

Best place to buy shaker motor for AC/DC Premium?

By NightTrain

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by hollywood
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ACDC-Protection.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Just what the title says. Looks like they go for around $200. Where is the best place to buy? Are all Stern shaker motors the same or is there a specific one I need for AC/DC? Is there a new version that I should be looking for?

Thanks

#2 11 years ago

800-727-8363 - Pinballs.com / Automated

Tell them you got a quote for $150 shipped....

#3 11 years ago

P.S. That will be the cheapest unless Terry @ PinballLife puts them on sale again (but I wouldn't hold my breath, he blew all his stock last time he did that).

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Sweet. Thanks man.

#5 11 years ago

Lowest he would go was $190 shipped. I bought it anyhow.

#6 11 years ago

Now get the flipper led kit and undercabinet multicolor led kit from cointaker. They're awesome.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Also got one from Automated for $150 shipped and put it in my ac/dc. It works perfect.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Lowest he would go was $190 shipped. I bought it anyhow.

Good grief! JJ has a thread saying shakers in stock 175.

Its literally like three threads down.

#9 11 years ago

And don't forget these. Cliffy shooter eject protector and shooter lane protector from Pinball Life!

ACDC-Protection.JPGACDC-Protection.JPG

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Dammit! I didn't see that. Oh well. It's a done deal already.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

Now get the flipper led kit and undercabinet multicolor led kit from cointaker.

Flipper kit or flipper button kit?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Flipper kit or flipper button kit?

Sorry. Flipper button LED kit.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

And don't forget these. Cliffy shooter eject protector and shooter lane protector from Pinball Life!

I got the shooter lane protector but covered the whole area with contact paper. Keeping an eye on it but so far, so good... Also put contact paper down under the bell. Seemed like an area that could get some wear...

#14 11 years ago

+1 on the under-cabinet flashers. They look awesome with the light show in ACDC.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I got the shooter lane protector but covered the whole area with contact paper. Keeping an eye on it but so far, so good... Also put contact paper down under the bell. Seemed like an area that could get some wear...

I mylar'd the bell lane, and put some hard as nails on the end and over the edge where the ball falls. Looks good. Can't tell there's anything there.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

Pinballlife does not have the shooter lane protectors from Cliffy listed on their site

#19 11 years ago

You can also check with your distributor as they often can give a "package deal" / discount for being a return customer...

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Pinballlife does not have the shooter lane protectors from Cliffy listed on their site

No. I ordered the eject protector from Cliffy. The shooter lane metal (the one under the bubble level) I got from Pinball Life

#21 11 years ago

PBL slingshot mylar for your shooter lanes:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=304

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ha - I thought I was the only one that was thinking this! I've seen GEX's ad for these for the past couple of days and that's the first / only thing that came to my mind. His deals usually seem to be the best or at least real close for NIB machines & some misc. parts.

#23 11 years ago

Should I do his even though I already have the cliffy and other shooter lane protector?

I have a couple slingshot mylars from PBL

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

Should I do his even though I already have the cliffy and other shooter lane protector?

I have a couple slingshot mylars from PBL

A lot of guys do this.

I haven't on my B/W games that are all wood/Diamondplate (just run a Cliffy), but I'm going to do all my Sterns because of the screening in the shooter lane.

No brainer with the Sterns that have screening on both sides of the groove: TSPP, SM, FGY, ACDC, and others.

Noted Stern stopped doing this with TRON but resumed with ACDC. I guess they think it looks good...just causes trouble down the line: the wear will reach the screening on the far side in time.

Alternatively, you could use the removable Avery stuff, but you'd have to cut two strips and apply them straight (don't think this stuff would hold in the grove...maybe others can chime in here if it holds up).

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from NM:

PBL slingshot mylar for your shooter lanes:

Do you just cut the Mylar in a strip and lay it down in the shooter lane?

Also, I've never installed Mylar before. Is it easy to remove it after it's been there for a while?

#26 11 years ago

Mylar has to be removed with freeze spray.

"Removable" mylar has been touted as being removable without freeze spray. I wouldn't take that risk on any sticky, adhesive product, even on an area that looks pristine--freeze it off either way. (IE., hairline cracks in screening might only be visible under bright light or magnification and overlooked during application.)

If either product is being applied to an area with existing damage, I'd anticipate more damage upon removal.

1 year later
#27 10 years ago

Does anyone have a pic of the mylar on their shooter lanes? I might go that route for ACDC and METLE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-place-to-buy-shaker-motor-for-acdc-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.