Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by BinGhanem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thestranger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 12 years ago

If you can afford it HEP. Expensive but it seems you do get what you pay for, that is if you are thinking in the long term. If you are the person who keeps a pin for a year then sells it, don't bother.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

TheStranger said:If you can afford it HEP. Expensive but it seems you do get what you pay for, that is if you are thinking in the long term. If you are the person who keeps a pin for a year then sells it, don't bother.
    Keep in mind HEP only offers restoration services, so he'd still have to have a base game to send to HEP.
    Pre-owned HEPs do pop up every now and then.

Yeah finding a base game at a reasonable price I'm sure can be a bitch, then pasting on that 5K or so for the full restoration labor and parts, then waiting months in the process. You must really love and want a game in tip top shape to even bother. I plan to give my top fave 3 pins the HEP treatment after I move into my new home when I find it sometime later this year. These are games I'm gonna want to keep for a long long time, and my first three pins to boot.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from BinGhanem:

I'm also having the same issue here, had to buy my last two pins depending on photos and I assure you they do not look the same lol
    I do not mind paying little extra, to buy from a trusted dealer than buying from people I do not know/trust on E-bay
    there are many people here I'd love to buy from as gambit mentioned.
    I have couple of dealers, they msg me whenever they have a new or interesting pin, and if the price is good and the cash is available, I go a head and buy it, I already shipped one pin from US to Dubai, and it cost around 500$, not bad

I hear you. I feel paying a bit more for a reputable source or dealer is worth it for the peace of mind you get. There are just too many douche bags out there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thestranger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-place-to-buy-pins?tu=thestranger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.