Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7D6B41-CCE4-481E-B674-163276EA491A (resized).jpeg
20180224_160140 (resized).jpg
468B9E33-9762-4BD3-B529-3CA4E7DA1B1E (resized).jpeg
T_on Star Wars (resized).JPG
109-0926_IMG (resized).jpg
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what are the best pins for kids. Doing a renovation that will include a game room and I'm going to have a pin or two. I want to get my kids into it, so I am wondering what the recommendations are for kids. They'll be 7 (daughter) and 4 (son) by the time the renovation is done. I'll probably not allow the 4 year old to play immediately, but definitely want something that my daughter, and eventually my son, will enjoy. I need to get them hooked.
I want and will have TSPP, but I understand that the game play may not translate for my daughter.

#2 6 years ago

I think they would like revenge from Mars because of the screen which will interests them. Also getting a game with a theme they enjoy will probably draw them to the game.

#3 6 years ago

MMR? The objective is pretty clear, and the humor is PG

#4 6 years ago

Fish Tales. Kids love that topper.

#5 6 years ago

Mousin Around is a very kid friendly theme, and a great game.

#6 6 years ago

MMr seems to be the biggest draw when a group of kids is visiting our game room. It’s easy for them to understand, they like the light show... and who doesn’t like exploding castles?

#7 6 years ago

World Cup Soccer ... 7 days a week!

#8 6 years ago

Teenage boys really love to play Big Bang Bar every time we have a party.

#11 6 years ago

Class of 1812

It is so stupid I wish I had it.

#13 6 years ago

Best pin for kids? Cannon Lagoon.

#14 6 years ago

I think your choice with the Simpsons will be a sure hit with both. The cartoon aspect draws kids in and will be years of enjoyment to share with them. While I love MMr not sure at that age group I would recommend. Can see it now first day of school "I'm ___ who the F&^K are you!" lol Revenge from Mars is actually a good title as its quirky yet innocent giving them a bit of technology while still staying with the pinball side of things. Plus you can get them darn cheap for what you get! I still remember the first DMD game I brought home and watching my daughter play for hours. Best times for me in pinball. Made so many contraptions with rubber-bands on the out-lanes etc so she was able to learn at her own pace. Like bumper bowling. Good Luck to you!!

109-0926_IMG (resized).jpg109-0926_IMG (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

Kids will probably prefer an older game, perhaps an EM like Big Daddy, where the rules are plainly understandable and the objectives and points are clearly written on the instruction cards and playfield. I know mine did.

#16 6 years ago

Of my 18 machines up and running, my two nephews (7 and 12) go straight to Iron Man every time, and get how to play it intuitively. They like GB because it's flashy, but get lost in it. They are too addled by video games to play EMs, too slow. They enjoy the novelty of the contraption aspects, but only for a short time. I thought Gilligan would be good for them since the rules were easy to explain, but they just kind of gave me a blank look in response to hearing the word "rules"...

#17 6 years ago

I have a 6 yr old and almost 3 yr old little girls . They love pinball . They both love em games because of the ease of understanding . For newer style My daughter really loves Stern pirates along with a lot of other people when I had parties .

#18 6 years ago

Flinstones

#19 6 years ago

shrek.

#20 6 years ago

Kids LOVE Attack From Mars LE remake with the interactive martian topper. Definitely recommended.

However, Zingy Bingy is NOT appropriate for kids.

#21 6 years ago

Metallica. No, not really...but it’s actually my ten-year-old’s favorite. He loves frying Sparky. And it’s a great game.

#22 6 years ago

Cactus Jacks.

#23 6 years ago

I have between 8 and 12 kids ages 4 to 16 at my home every Monday night. By far the most popular game is my EM (1964 Big Top). This is the easiest game for them to get started on. Once they figure out pinball (because they have never seen or played one before) they move on to The Hobbit. There is no doubt that the LCD, sound, and lights are what attracts them. Surprisingly, none of the kids like LOTR.

#24 6 years ago

I have two boys 4 & 6. Both love pinball (especially the 4yo) and in our small collection they love Spider-Man and the Hobbit most. They think mousin around is too fast and counterforce is too slow.
I recommend showing them lots of videos of gameplay to see what they gravitate towards. Or better yet, take your kids to the silverball museum in Asbury park or modern pinball in nyc to play a bunch of different games to see what they like playing most.

#25 6 years ago

Bad Cats,Taxi, Mousin

#26 6 years ago

Super Mario Mushroom World. Kid friendly theme, easy to play, easy to understand and it can be made kid size where they can stand at it and not need a stool. Great gateway pin for a kid.

Also a simple EM wouldn't be a bad purchase either

#27 6 years ago

Party Zone and Dr. Dude are also kid friendly, at least my daughter loved them

#28 6 years ago

Ps4

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from jidorman:

I'll probably not allow the 4 year old to play immediately, but definitely want something that my daughter, and eventually my son, will enjoy.

Why not let your son play?

#30 6 years ago

Jurassic Park. My 4 year old son loves it when the T-Rex eats the ball. It's fun for adults too. Plus it won't cost you a fortune

#31 6 years ago
#32 6 years ago

World Cup Soccer
Jurassic Park
WOZ

#33 6 years ago

I have 38 games and my 2 kids have no interest.

However, when their friends come over they seem to gravitate towards Hulk and Metallica. One night I asked why they spend so much time on these games as opposed to the others and they told me, "because they look the coolest."

I also have two SuperChexx machines and there are always 8 kids playing both machines every Saturday night for hours on end.

So, who knows?

#34 6 years ago

Second the bad cats rec

#35 6 years ago

It's weird teens tend to like my CSI, WOF, Spiderman, Tron

and kids like my Transformers, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Iron Man.

Everyone plays Ghostbusters and it is not the ghost that scares them away- it is the flipper gap. Usually they walk away after one game of quick drains.

#36 6 years ago

I have MB, RFM, and NBAFB. All three of my kids prefer NBAFB.

And you can’t go wrong with WCS94.

#37 6 years ago

POTC and any of the Star Wars

#38 6 years ago

Shrek - The theme and mini pinball is a huge hit
Batman Dark Knight (BDK) - I can't believe how much they love it

#39 6 years ago

My kids and my nieces and nephews like iron man. Spider man and Star Wars.

#40 6 years ago

Most popular over the years in our house.

AFM
IM
FT

That's about it as hardly anything else got played!

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Why not let your son play?

He's a sweet kid, but a bit of a bull in a china shop right now. I can see him just laying waste to the machine, but after reading this I am changing my mind. It seems lots of 4 year olds seem to enjoy playing.

To the poster who mentioned Super Chexx, I've already got that picked out. That's a must. Other than a pin, I don't know how Chexx isn't a staple in every game room.

#42 6 years ago

Any game that isn't a drain fest with at least 1 easy to start multiball. Most kids really like The Hobbit as they know the theme and like the pop ups and that the ball doesn't drain instantly and they can start multiballs pretty easily.

#43 6 years ago

If You are trying to get a 7 year old to enjoy pinball and have a Fish Tales, do you guys think it's a good idea to replace the lightning flippers with standard ones, at least until they get better?

#44 6 years ago

My advice is buy the games you want to play. If your kids like them, great. My kids will occasionally play....more often when we have friends over...but they don’t enjoy Pinball like I do and that’s ok with me. Our super chexx gets played a ton by the kids though along with our multicade.

#45 6 years ago

I think a lot of Gottliebs are good for kids. Lots of random multiballs, friendly themes, long ball times, and flippers that are easy to catch balls with all make for a good combination.

I’m thinking Lights Camera Action, Super Mario Brothers, Cactus Jacks, Class of 1812, Surf n Safari, and all those types of games.

#46 6 years ago

JID, are you thinking new game or older game?

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

My advice is buy the games you want to play. If your kids like them, great. My kids will occasionally play....more often when we have friends over...but they don’t enjoy Pinball like I do and that’s ok with me. Our super chexx gets played a ton by the kids though along with our multicade.

This x100. I have two boys and a girl. My boys used to get excited about pins and did play. Now at 13 they pretty much never play. My daughter never liked pins but has played a few games. Their friends are the same. They were all excited about pins at first but that excitement wears off fast. They all rather play upstairs on whatever game console or on their stupid phones.

I only buy games that I want to play. I used to be more concerned about getting family games but not so much now that the kids are older and don't play. Most of the people that come over don't know anything about pins. If they are interested enough to play, I gather it really doesn't matter what the pin is because they are all pretty much the same to the average person.

If I had more space, I would love to have more variety of games for a true arcade - some upright arcades, pool table, skill games, etc. I'm jealous of all you guys with big open basements.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from jidorman:

He's a sweet kid, but a bit of a bull in a china shop right now. I can see him just laying waste to the machine, but after reading this I am changing my mind. It seems lots of 4 year olds seem to enjoy playing.

Let that kid bang on those flippers, that is the only way he will learn. I would stand behind my son and place my hands over his and help him get that feeling and understand how they work. Most important is tell him not to use both flippers at same time, which tends to be instinctive. My son started at age three and now he is five and has some serious skills. I am amazed at how he can play Star Wars LE. That game is really a fast game and his ball control amazes me considering his age. I also bought a multi-cade and he plays that machine everyday.

#49 6 years ago

I second the suggestion to buy what you like, perhaps with a nod to a game that the kids may enjoy/ family friendly theme. My experience has been that the kids will casually play what you have but don’t expect them to be as enthusiastic as you . I bought a Thor Bred EM because my daughter is a horse rider.... she couldn’t have cared less so it sat.
When kids come over, they play Atlantis EM, Star Trek LE and really love AFMLE. But, the ‘64 ball bowler is the real hit.

#50 6 years ago

My 5 year old nephew hasn't been over yet but I'm pretty sure he is going to love No Good Gofers . He loves TSPP already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pins-for-kids?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.