Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JediPimp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

toy (resized).jpg
    The Toy (resized).jpg
    #2 screwdriver (resized).jpg
    Pinball (resized).jpg
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Playing pinball again this morning the Ramp & Satellite with centre magnet on Goldeneye is one of the best toys in Pinball period.

#52 6 years ago

Slot reels on W?D

#53 6 years ago

Those are awesome but I think they would top the most unreliable/high maintenance Pinball toys

#54 6 years ago

Seems like the list of awesome toys is pretty short.

I think some toys are a lot better when consider the entire area. Like the ship on ST. Yes it just bounces and crashes. But add in the drop target, magnet which is also a lock, and the kickback and you have something pretty cool. Same with the AFM ship.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Seems like the list of awesome toys is pretty short.
    I think some toys are a lot better when consider the entire area. Like the ship on ST. Yes it just bounces and crashes. But add in the drop target, magnet which is also a lock, and the kickback and you have something pretty cool. Same with the AFM ship.

The list is short because I think a lot of people myself included only classify a true pinball toy as something the ball physically interacts with.

That's why I would vote the satelitte in Goldeneye as the best pinball toys (biased as it's my favourite) but it has the ramp to launch the ball into the satellite where the magnet catches the ball and holds it for you to then repeat the process and knock the original ball off the magnet for multi-ball, it's just great fun and totally unique.

#56 6 years ago

One of these...
    Pinball (resized).jpgPinball (resized).jpg

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

That's why I would vote the satelitte in Goldeneye as the best pinball toys (biased as it's my favourite) but it has the ramp to launch the ball into the satellite where the magnet catches the ball and holds it for you to then repeat the process and knock the original ball off the magnet for multi-ball, it's just great fun and totally unique.

Plus its a challenge to hit and a very satisfying shot when you do. - Good call.

#58 6 years ago

+1 it's a challenge, especially with the satellite moving/turning. The entire shot/mech is a great example of pinball engineering - popup ramp, rotating satelittte, captive magnet in the centre of the satelittle dish, its all wonderfully complex for a pin.

It would be great to see intricate and complex mechs like this back in Pinball again, Stern are great at offering up the illusion of interaction - POTC ship, Vengence on ST but it would be great to see a return to genuine interactive toys especially with a licence like Star Wars.

#59 6 years ago

Not sure if you'd call it a toy but I love the path of adventure on IJ.

#60 6 years ago

Blinders on Tommy.

#61 6 years ago

Dude BBB Barbra...those hips don't lie lol!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bb-barbara

#63 6 years ago

My fav. toy, Phillips #2 screwdriver - it works on almost every machine.

#2 screwdriver (resized).jpg#2 screwdriver (resized).jpg

#64 6 years ago

The Toy (resized).jpgThe Toy (resized).jpg

#65 6 years ago

The NY Mets would like to vote on the next toy

toy (resized).jpgtoy (resized).jpg

#66 6 years ago

MM castle and Trolls
    ST Ship
    AFM Aliens
    AS Joker/Trunk
    Trunk in TOM
    Spinning Disk on Tron
    Magna Slings on GB
    Hammer on MET
    Rudy on FH
    Magnet Ring on LOTR
    Diverter ramps on Shadow

#67 6 years ago

The helicopter in Rescue 911 is pretty sweet, and so was shooting the hoop in Space Jam.

#68 6 years ago

i guess i can mention something that has been brought up. i have an apollo 13. it has a magnetic moon that picks up the ball and the ball "orbits" the moon. it also has a saturn 5 rocket that stands up on its launch pad. cool stuff. the 4 sided face on bride of pinbot is pretty cool too. just stuff that no one seems to mention but still is really cool.

8 months later
    #69 6 years ago

I know we get these threads a lot but I love every one of them!

My vote goes for the Deadworld In Judge Dredd, especially with the Deadworld ring mod!

Honourable mention: the Power playfield in The Twilight Zone!

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-toys/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.