Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JediPimp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

toy (resized).jpg
    The Toy (resized).jpg
    #2 screwdriver (resized).jpg
    Pinball (resized).jpg
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

So what are the best toys in pinball. The ones that still bring a smile to your face. The ones that make non pinball people light up the first time they see it happen.

My list
    MM castle destruction
    MM trolls
    SS coffin that says boo and opens up when you make the bat ramp
    MET premium/LE hammer magnet
    TAF thing hand (although I hated seeing it after about 10 plays, way to slow)
    AFM bouncing aliens
    MB Frank and Drac
    While the toy box in AS has been done somewhat before it might be one of sterns best toys ever

What else?

#2 6 years ago

I've only seen videos of this but I think that Houdini catapult looks super cool.

#3 6 years ago

The Getaway: High Speed 2 - Supercharger

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from GhostThruster:

I've only seen videos of this but I think that Houdini catapult looks super cool.

Saw it at TPF and it was very cool. I wonder if it would be like the thing hand for me though and get old real quick.

#5 6 years ago

MM castle is still hard to top. Drop bridge, castle door, ball lock shot to the left, castle destruction. It's still the #1 pinball toy in my opinion.

The ship in Pirates is an awesome toy as well but the lack of a variety of unique rules (just bash bash bash) and audio prevent the toy from reaching its full potential. Overall though it's a very cool pinball toy.

The toy box in AS is my favorite newer pinball toy. The toy has a sneak in shot from behind as a skill shot, can lock up to 6 balls, has a magnet in front of it, and can have balls shot into. The fact that you get the entire toy in the pro model makes this one tough to beat.

#6 6 years ago

The Pirate Ship on POTC .... my fav playfield toy

#7 6 years ago

Here's some that I like:

People always get a kick out of the fan topper on Whirlwind.

Rudy, Red, and Ted are great.

It's simple by more recent standards, but I've always liked locking balls in Pinbot's eyes.

The glider and the rising targets on Stargate are pretty cool.

Blowing up UFOs on AFM is always satisfying.

I like spinning the house on WOZ.

I can't forget the T-rex on JP!

--Luke

#8 6 years ago

AC/DC swinging bell

#9 6 years ago

This thread again? I swear we did one of these not that long ago.

#10 6 years ago

another vote for the ship in potc

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

This thread again? I swear we did one of these not that long ago.

Probably, but I didn't catch it and I'm sure lots of others missed it also. Beats bitching about stern, JJP, Heighway, BM66, JPOP, etc like every other thread is

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Probably, but I didn't catch it and I'm sure lots of others missed it also. Beats bitching about stern, JJP, Heighway, BM66, JPOP, etc like every other thread is

Touche.

#15 6 years ago

The best toys are the ones that do something and smoothly flow with the game rather than require excessive shots.

Most bash toys that require hit after hit but don't really do anything and stay in the way are not great toys in my opinion.

Toys like the spinning house in WOZ, the ring magnet in LOTR, the spinning disc in TRON, and the castle in MM are used in the normal flow of the game but do not monopolize the gameplay. Code often makes the toy.

#16 6 years ago

Interactivity with the ball is what makes a playfield toy interesting to me. The best example that comes to mind is the TOM trunk. Hit it and it rotates to show a scoop, hit the ball into it and it rotates again. Eventually it rotates to a side that can grab the ball and take it away. To anybody playing, pinball hardcore or not, that's fun stuff.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Interactivity with the ball is what makes a playfield toy interesting to me. The best example that comes to mind is the TOM trunk. Hit it and it rotates to show a scoop, hit the ball into it and it rotates again. Eventually it rotates to a side that can grab the ball and take it away. To anybody playing, pinball hardcore or not, that's fun stuff.

My only problem with that is that the code requires the trunk shots too much.

#18 6 years ago

My favorite is the goal & goalie in World Cup Soccer.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

My only problem with that is that the code requires the trunk shots too much.

Well sure - I'm not calling TOM the greatest game ever or anything - I'm just filling in what I mean with interactivity that appeals to anybody, novice or otherwise. The MM castle is pretty good too. Hit the bridge to lower it, hit the gate to open it, then it 'blows up'. That's got solid appeal to anybody who plays, even if they don't know what the heck they're doing.

#20 6 years ago

The POTC ship brings the love every time people visit. And that's with MMR beside it. Both are awesome toys and at the top of the list imo.

#21 6 years ago

Love making the basket in Stern NBA.

#22 6 years ago

If forgot about the POTC ship. I remember the first time I saw it.

Pinball Magic also has some pretty cool tricks. I don't think any of them other then the skill shot have a ton of lasting power though.

#23 6 years ago

I forgot to add in my first post..... Family Guy: Stewie's mini pinball machine. It's technically a toy and not a mini playfield

#24 6 years ago

It is new but the AS toy box shot is a hoot. You get rewarded with a cool ball trick to see rather than the standard call out "ball one locked".

And yes that pirate ship is cool on POTC.

The supercharger on HS2 is super fun if it runs fast. Mine was super fast!

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

The POTC ship brings the love every time people visit. And that's with MMR beside it. Both are awesome toys and at the top of the list imo.

The problem with POTC is that it is a one trick pony. Its a blast when it belongs to someone else but about 2 weeks after you buy one it needs to be gone.

#26 6 years ago

TDK BM66 Crane

#27 6 years ago

The hologram in creature from the black lagoon!

#28 6 years ago

Time Expander in doctor Who!!

#29 6 years ago

Ball passing against a defender in Fastbreak.... is that a toy?

#30 6 years ago

+1 on Getaway II Supercharger.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Ball passing against a defender in Fastbreak.... is that a toy?

Whatever it is it's really cool!

I'll also put a vote in for Toy Box AS!

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Agreed..

POTC ship
    WOF wheel
    TSPP TV clock

Not a great game, but always liked loading the nuke case on 24 for multiball.

The castle,trolls, damsel ramp are so simple but are the epitome of what makes pinball great.

#34 6 years ago

Shameless plug, but these are my favorite pinball toys.

#35 6 years ago

What else?
    Twister multiball, cool.

#36 6 years ago

The safe on the Sopranos

#38 6 years ago

I vote for the POTC ship as well!

#39 6 years ago

MM - Castle
    HS2 - Supercharger
    POTC - Ship
    BDK/BM66 - Crane

And one of the best and my favourite that's probably over looked or forgotten, Goldeneye - Satellite Dish

#40 6 years ago

I always like the ball saves in theater of magic and tales of the Arabian nights. I suppose not really toys, more magnets, eddy boards and code, but TOTAN does have the spike cages that come up and catch the ball.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

AS toy box was after these threads so it's good to re-run the thread from time-to-time.

I wonder if Stern is going to make a Tron VE?

#42 6 years ago

With MM being the best toy ever, here is some worthy mentions:

Gillian's island rotating ramp.
    Pinball magic wand, hat skill shot and levitating ball.
    Star Trek next gen Borg cannon.
    Shadow battlefield.

#43 6 years ago

I know it is a bash toy but I really like sparky on Metallica so well animated

#44 6 years ago

Love the Amp on Avatar when Ampsuit multiball starts, otherwise the crane in The Dark Knight.

#45 6 years ago

Mick on a stick? Dancing band in acdc?

Car crunch in street fighter?

#46 6 years ago

Ringmaster on Cirqus Voltaire. Magnet traps the ball on top of his head, he then rises up out of the playfield (ball still trapped), he insults you with a corny insult and then throws the ball at you (flippers).

Years later I still love it.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

The Getaway: High Speed 2 - Supercharger

This. Great design and since it sits above the playfield it doesn't take up valuable playfield real estate like your typical bash toy.

Play a well tuned one and you can feel the machine rocking from side to side.

#48 6 years ago

The Scolari Brothers

JUST KIDDING, probably Sparky in the electric chair or the AS toy box or maybe the Getaway Supercharger. Maybe the guy on Frankenstein that throws the balls.

#49 6 years ago

The glove in Big Hurt
    Helicopter in Rescue 911

#50 6 years ago

Mine is when the NV and CA plates open on ES and the ball runs between them to the shelter

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-toys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.