(Topic ID: 60843)

Best Pinball Shippers

By Jags

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I most likely will be purchasing my grail pin sometime in the next couple of months. I'm sure I'll find it somewhere out there in the great U.S.A.! Problem is I'm in Hawaii and I will need to find a good shipping company that I can work with to get it here in good shape.

Any suggestions for shipping companies that can pick up and pack up a pin for a long journey would be appreciated. Let me know who you would recommend!

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

NAVL delivers internationally. I assume they can do this. I have no idea what the rates are for that kind of shipment. Probably sky high. Others might know better from first hand experience.

#3 10 years ago

Have someone carefully crate it and use a reputable LTL company that is able to ship to you. Pilot air freight will work.

What is you grail game?

#4 10 years ago

Too bad Dodel's Special Delivery does not cover Hawaii. Would be the best service.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jags:

I most likely will be purchasing my grail pin sometime in the next couple of months. I'm sure I'll find it somewhere out there in the great U.S.A.! Problem is I'm in Hawaii and I will need to find a good shipping company that I can work with to get it here in good shape.
    Any suggestions for shipping companies that can pick up and pack up a pin for a long journey would be appreciated. Let me know who you would recommend!
    Thanks!

You might want to contact "armi0024" on KLOV, he lives in Hawaii and if you scroll down to the bottom of this post --- http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=206541 you can see the warehouse raid / games he found. He also runs a website www.paradisearcadeshop.com his name is Bryan. I'm sure he's familiar with shipping games from Hawaii.

#6 10 years ago

Does Fastenall have a store in Hawaii?? If so, you might want to check with them. Stateside they are pretty cheap. You will have to shrinkwrap, and strap it to a pallet yourself and drop it off at one of their locations. Saves a lot of money thou.

#7 10 years ago

Just checked. Fastenal has lots of locations in Hawaii. Call them!

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

Have someone carefully crate it...

That's part of the problem. If I find one from an individual they most likely will not be able to pack it or crate it properly. Would need to find a shipping company that can do that for me.

Quoted from bballfan:

Pilot air freight will work.

No air freight. That would be way to expensive and unnecessary. I can wait the 4 weeks it would take to get here by boat.

Quoted from mrclean:

He also runs a website http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com his name is Bryan. I'm sure he's familiar with shipping games from Hawaii.

Yes I have seen some of his ebay auctions also. Good idea and I will try to contact him.

Quoted from BigB:

Does Fastenall have a store in Hawaii?? If so, you might want to check with them. Stateside they are pretty cheap.

What's the story with a nut and bolt company offering freight and shipping services? I see they do have a store close by but they are closed on the weekends. I will call them Monday to find out.

Quoted from BigB:

You will have to shrinkwrap, and strap it to a pallet yourself and drop it off at one of their locations.

Again not sure if the seller (once I find one) will do that. There was a pinsider on this site that was selling one of the pins I'm interested in but he would not pack it up for me or deliver it anywhere.

Quoted from bballfan:

What is you grail game?

I've been running a thread on this. Check it out here:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-choosing-a-1980s-pin

Basically I've narrowed it down to the following 5 pins:

Secret Service (Data East)
    Atlantis (Bally)
    High Speed (Williams)
    Whirlwind (Williams)
    Road Kings (Williams)

If anyone has one of these pins or can find one for me I would be willing to make a trade of some sort. If we can work out a way to get it here I would trade for a free stay at my vacation rental here in Hawaii. Go to www.halemalu.com to check it out.

Thanks for all the great suggestions and please keep them coming. One way or another I will find my grail pin and get it here to Hawaii!!

#9 10 years ago

So, no other suggestions for good shippers out there??!

2 weeks later
    #10 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

Does Fastenall have a store in Hawaii?? If so, you might want to check with them. Stateside they are pretty cheap. You will have to shrinkwrap, and strap it to a pallet yourself and drop it off at one of their locations. Saves a lot of money thou.

Finally contacted my local Fastenal Store and got a general quote for shipping a Pin from the east coast to Hawaii. It came back as a surprisingly affordable $435.00!! That would be store to store delivery with the machine packed and strapped ready to go.

I have a great offer for a free stay in Hawaii at this thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-your-pin-for-2-weeks-free-stay-in-hawaii

Find me a machine that I would like to have and I'll give you two weeks free stay at my vacation villa here in Hawaii!!

#11 10 years ago

NAVL is the best, if you like to pay way too much and wait a really long time to get your pin.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-shippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.