(Topic ID: 225169)

Best Pinball Release in the past 5 years?

By Pinbutt2000

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best release in the past 5 years”

• JJP WOZ 52 votes
    12%
  • JJP Dialed in 77 votes
    18%
  • Stern Iron Maiden 76 votes
    18%
  • Stern Walking Dead 50 votes
    12%
  • CGC AFM 9 votes
    2%
  • CGC MM 10 votes
    2%
  • Stern Star Wars 13 votes
    3%
  • SternMetallica 62 votes
    14%
  • TNA Spooky Pinball 17 votes
    4%
  • Stern Ghostbusters 8 votes
    2%
  • Stern Batman 66 37 votes
    9%
  • LL Multimorphic 10 votes
    2%
  • Thunderbirds 3 votes
    1%
  • Other please mention in thread to add 5 votes
    1%
  • Stern Mustang 4 votes
    1%

(433 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AB984CE3-5F31-4A9B-8E16-0CA7CDA68EDF (resized).jpeg
E53374FB-EEF7-4A11-94AC-8C90C5EF5205 (resized).jpeg
6A2D83FB-8261-4E79-A450-363C71C17AF6 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbutt2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

What is the best “New” generation release in the past 5 or so years and why?

Any manufacturer, your opinion!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's hard to say. Metallica/walking dead/iron maiden are all good choices. Maybe dialed in. Hell, you could argue that AFM and MM both qualify.

I would argue that they do qualify as far as timeframe.

#47 5 years ago

Poll coming. Was planning to do one but di not want to taint the results with my own bias or lack thereof.

#50 5 years ago

Poll added,
As far as LE, SE, Prem etc. lets just assume the standard versions are pretty well the same gameplay as the premium versions if your favorite happens to be a premium etc.

I know there are a lot more releases and feel free to bring them in to the discussion. I alao missed a couple that were mentioned as secondaries. This really is about the 1 game you think is the Best of all....

#51 5 years ago

Looks like I can edit poll so if you want another that is your favorite go ahead and mention so I can add if you want.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Poll would help some post their favorite without getting berrated....good idea...AFMRLE, and yes, BM66 are very serious contenders.....

Honestly this is a personal belief poll. Every individual has a right to their own belief and their own reasons why. It would actually be nice to see the outlying reasons for things. If you just really love Batman from back in the day that is a great reason to feel good about Batman 66 etc.

#57 5 years ago

Adding
I assume you were the other vote

#58 5 years ago

It certainly is nice that we have so many choices in the last 5 or so years to choose from. And from so many manufacturers. So far I am quite pleasantly surprised, can’t wait to see how this shakes out over some time

#60 5 years ago

Looks like I am now locked out from making further adjustments so if you select other post it here so we know your favorite.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You forgot a few all time greats like Rob Zombie, AMH, Dominos, The Jetsons, and ACNC.

Sure wish I could still add names. Gotta say I am a bit surprised with results so far.

Quoted from Astropin:

We'll it was an F'd up release but I have to go with Alien. Most engaging and unique pin of the last five years. The shots, the coding, the sound package... all top notch.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Walking Dead needs a spot on the poll. Dump thunderbirds. Whoever sugested that was being a smart ass.

Thunderbirds got a vote and it is subjective.

Walking dead is listed as Stern TWD doing very well.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Results are pretty interesting, comparing to Pinside Map numbers, which are
Pinsider Count / Location Count
MET 1015 / 330
GB 686 / 403
DI 307 / 99
It looks like the map doesn't distinguish Williams / CGC versions though so MM numbers are skewed: I think it should keep those separate.
This vote correlates for some like MET but not others like GB. But I think the ownership counts speak way louder than this vote does: nothing like voting with your wallet.

Fair points all. Having one Best does force one to make a choice though. I might buy or own something and not neccesarilly require it the be “The best of”

Frankly, this poll makes me realize there are a lot of games I want to find to play

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Stern Trek is not on the list, but Thunderbirds is...

Lol.
Question is... Is Stern Trek the best in the last 5 years in your opinion?
2 people did choose Thunderbirds so far.
Had Trek been mentioned as a contender I definitely would have added it.

#89 5 years ago

As of 200 votes in it looks like Jersey Jack has the edge with Dialed In slightly in the lead over Wizard of Oz.

Stern is following Very closely with 3 Outstanding Releases, Iron Maiden, Metallica, The Walking Dead... if you add up the votes Stern has the overall lead for favorite count so far.

Many honorable mentions and additional favorites. This poll won’t change anybody’s Favorite and whether it is Dialed In or Alien for you, the one thing we can all agree on is diversity in manufacturers and ideas has given us all the gift of a new wave of pinball in the current century

#92 5 years ago

Now that we are at this point and there are 5 stand outs head on over to the Showdown thread and let’s see who is the best of the top 5.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-in-the-last-5-years-pt-2-the-show-down-poll-

#98 5 years ago

Iron Maiden catching up quick!

Head over to part 2 and let’s settle this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-in-the-last-5-years-pt-2-the-show-down-poll-

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Really tough choice, actually. That's a good thing to be able to say.

So true... It is actually Amazing to see how close the top 5 are even when other choices are removed:

I had expected one of the top two to really take a major lead once the outliers came off. The fact that the list of games people would choose as the Best is so long in the last 5 years has me happy.
Are we in another golden era of Pinball a la the early 90’s?

Starting to think the answer is yes.

#108 5 years ago

Another thought that comes to me on this topic. Had we done this poll 6 years ago we would have only Sterns to choose from. Not to take away from some of the good titles from that time, but competition is a great thing.

#113 5 years ago

Other option has not received any new votes. Sorry I did not get POTC, GOT, or Alien votes before the poll locked me out but these titles have had a few voices chime in.

I assume the Other votes are for these titles.

#114 5 years ago

Dialed in is taking the lead in the Showdown tie breaker version of this poll for the #1 spot.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-in-the-last-5-years-pt-2-the-show-down-poll-#post-4587024
6A2D83FB-8261-4E79-A450-363C71C17AF6 (resized).jpeg6A2D83FB-8261-4E79-A450-363C71C17AF6 (resized).jpeg

In this poll it is essentially a tie with all the options available between Dialed In and Iron Maiden.

#116 5 years ago

Batman 66’ has been on a steady march up in the poll....

#121 5 years ago

So with a decent number of votes in on the tie breaker showdown it looks roughly similar. DI with the edge in that poll not having so many options. Was thinking the differences would be more stark to be honest.
Looks like Dialed In has the current advantage while Iron Maiden is hot on it’s tail with the remaining 3 of the top 5 being essentially tied. Batman 66’ came out of nowhere to slip in to slot 6.
So even with all options on the table it seems that this poll is a fair representation of what it aims to see.
Thanks to all who participated and will participate. Here is to the next 5 years being as fruitful as the last.

E53374FB-EEF7-4A11-94AC-8C90C5EF5205 (resized).jpegE53374FB-EEF7-4A11-94AC-8C90C5EF5205 (resized).jpeg
#129 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Dialed In.
WOZ is now more than 5 years (so is Metallica).

Kinda why I was thinking 5 years (or so)
in the beggining of the thread. The reality is that there is pinball pre. Jersey Jack and post. I think that the era pre will be known as the Stern Era of pinball.

In the last 5 or so years there has been a renaissance in pinball. Of course this is news to nobody, but looking at the numbers of titles on the list (and those off of it) it is very encouraging. I think if you had asked most pinball guys 6 or 7 years ago where pinball was going most would probably have thought it would be Virtual Pin focused.
I have no problem with virtual pins but I for one am stoked with where we are and where we appear to be heading.

#130 5 years ago

And now:

AB984CE3-5F31-4A9B-8E16-0CA7CDA68EDF (resized).jpegAB984CE3-5F31-4A9B-8E16-0CA7CDA68EDF (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinbutt2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-release-in-the-past-5-years?tu=pinbutt2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.