(Topic ID: 225169)

Best Pinball Release in the past 5 years?

By Pinbutt2000

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best release in the past 5 years”

• JJP WOZ 52 votes
    12%
  • JJP Dialed in 77 votes
    18%
  • Stern Iron Maiden 76 votes
    18%
  • Stern Walking Dead 50 votes
    12%
  • CGC AFM 9 votes
    2%
  • CGC MM 10 votes
    2%
  • Stern Star Wars 13 votes
    3%
  • SternMetallica 62 votes
    14%
  • TNA Spooky Pinball 17 votes
    4%
  • Stern Ghostbusters 8 votes
    2%
  • Stern Batman 66 37 votes
    9%
  • LL Multimorphic 10 votes
    2%
  • Thunderbirds 3 votes
    1%
  • Other please mention in thread to add 5 votes
    1%
  • Stern Mustang 4 votes
    1%

(433 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AB984CE3-5F31-4A9B-8E16-0CA7CDA68EDF (resized).jpeg
E53374FB-EEF7-4A11-94AC-8C90C5EF5205 (resized).jpeg
6A2D83FB-8261-4E79-A450-363C71C17AF6 (resized).jpeg
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

Mustang LE was one of the most fun games I've played.
It's in my top 5
I know that's a rare opinion, but the game is funny AND fun

Stop it - that's crazy talk! After all, it's rated #118 on Pinside.

#102 5 years ago

Top top coding and the best mode in pinball (it needs the LE/Prem GI).

And TWD is unique with >7 alternate enthusiast sound options available for TWD it's easy and enjoyable to select a favourite, change it up from time to time for variety and enjoy this pin.

#103 5 years ago

why isn't Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons listed ???

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Top top coding and the best mode in pinball (it needs the LE/Prem GI).

And TWD is unique with >7 alternate enthusiast sound options available for TWD it's easy and enjoyable to select a favourite, change it up from time to time for variety and enjoy this pin.

Don’t forget tunnel. Man that mode is awesome.

#105 5 years ago

Really tough choice, actually. That's a good thing to be able to say.

Dialed In and Wizard of Oz are tough to beat, but I can't wait to look back in another 5 years to see how well TNA has held up and what impact it has had on the industry. The game sure has made some waves.

In the end, I voted Dialed In, though I think Wizard of Oz might be the more objective choice.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Really tough choice, actually. That's a good thing to be able to say.

So true... It is actually Amazing to see how close the top 5 are even when other choices are removed:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-in-the-last-5-years-pt-2-the-show-down-poll-

I had expected one of the top two to really take a major lead once the outliers came off. The fact that the list of games people would choose as the Best is so long in the last 5 years has me happy.
Are we in another golden era of Pinball a la the early 90’s?

Starting to think the answer is yes.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

Mustang LE was one of the most fun games I've played.
It's in my top 5
I know that's a rare opinion, but the game is funny AND fun

I like Mustang. The layout is unique. Its pretty fast. And its just fun to play. In my opinion, its one of Stern's most underrated pins. If there was a hot theme on that pin, it would have done extremely well. With that said, I do believe that Stern did a good job matching the theme and the layout.

#108 5 years ago

Another thought that comes to me on this topic. Had we done this poll 6 years ago we would have only Sterns to choose from. Not to take away from some of the good titles from that time, but competition is a great thing.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

Not to take away from some of the good titles from that time, ...

That poll would have been very diff'rent and included a lot worse games.

#110 5 years ago

Williams & Bally all the way. If this was from 1991 and newer..

#111 5 years ago

JJP POTC.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Stop it - that's crazy talk! After all, it's rated #118 on Pinside.

I laugh at those ratings. Whoa Nellie is rated 304 and kicks ass. And my Gilligan just outearned my Medieval.

#113 5 years ago

Other option has not received any new votes. Sorry I did not get POTC, GOT, or Alien votes before the poll locked me out but these titles have had a few voices chime in.

I assume the Other votes are for these titles.

#114 5 years ago

Dialed in is taking the lead in the Showdown tie breaker version of this poll for the #1 spot.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-in-the-last-5-years-pt-2-the-show-down-poll-#post-4587024
6A2D83FB-8261-4E79-A450-363C71C17AF6 (resized).jpeg6A2D83FB-8261-4E79-A450-363C71C17AF6 (resized).jpeg

In this poll it is essentially a tie with all the options available between Dialed In and Iron Maiden.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Complete opposite for me. Have you owned MET? I’ve had it for like 3-4 months and can’t wait to give it back. Haha.
TWD might be the best game ever made in my book.

This! ^^^^ This is why I love pinball! MET has been on a hot streak in my house for the last 8 months. The only time it wasn’t was when I wrapped it up to take it out to the Saratoga show. But it’s the fact that I’m loving the game and Chuck hates it that makes Pinball interesting. I like that we all have different games that strike a chord with us. Even the worst game I ever owned (JD) has its fan. It’s awesome that we all like what we like

One mans trash...

#116 5 years ago

Batman 66’ has been on a steady march up in the poll....

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Complete opposite for me. Have you owned MET? I’ve had it for like 3-4 months and can’t wait to give it back. Haha.
TWD might be the best game ever made in my book.

Is it that you want to give it back or that you want GOT back. I'm thinking you want to Get GOT Back. Lol

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Is it that you want to give it back or that you want GOT back. I'm thinking you want to Get GOT Back. Lol

Oh I want GOT back. But if I had a TWD instead of MET, I might be fine never trading back.

#119 5 years ago

I’m going with Dialed In but I personally prefer Metallica. DI is fun but can’t get past the theme or call outs.

#120 5 years ago

DI is definitely very fun. I just can't get over the theme enough to get into it like ya'll. So WOZ it is. I hope to see if there are some other games that will be a close second - maybe a new game will do the trick...

#121 5 years ago

So with a decent number of votes in on the tie breaker showdown it looks roughly similar. DI with the edge in that poll not having so many options. Was thinking the differences would be more stark to be honest.
Looks like Dialed In has the current advantage while Iron Maiden is hot on it’s tail with the remaining 3 of the top 5 being essentially tied. Batman 66’ came out of nowhere to slip in to slot 6.
So even with all options on the table it seems that this poll is a fair representation of what it aims to see.
Thanks to all who participated and will participate. Here is to the next 5 years being as fruitful as the last.

E53374FB-EEF7-4A11-94AC-8C90C5EF5205 (resized).jpegE53374FB-EEF7-4A11-94AC-8C90C5EF5205 (resized).jpeg
#122 5 years ago

Agree that WOZ is best built, feature packed and probably most innovative pin in last 5 years, but for me isn’t close to being the most fun, i.e. best.

For now I have to give the nod to TWD, but DI could be phenomenal if they improve the code to make the other features (drones, theater, multiballs, etc.) more significant and balance the scoring.

#123 5 years ago

Interesting to see how highly regarded TWD and BM66 are after initially being so poorly received. Great code can overcome some playfied and other issues but not vice versa.

#124 5 years ago

Good to see BM66 rising, as it should....The game has really turned out great.

More than worthy of a top spot now....Give the poll a couple years ( there most certainly will be another), and can almost guarantee the order will have changed....

#125 5 years ago

Dialed In.

WOZ is now more than 5 years (so is Metallica).

If both are to be included, I'd put it:

1st WOZ
2nd Dialed In
3rd Metallica

I don't think TNA is necessarily the best - haven't even played it yet. But I do think it's one of the most important titles of the last 5 years.

#126 5 years ago

You only have to look back through old posts on pinside as to how close it came to being believed as the pin which would break the Stern entry level pricing/final product domination at that end of the market.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

And my Gilligan just outearned my Medieval.

Must have been non pinheads stepping up to play for theme alone

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

You only have to look back through old posts on pinside as to how close it came to being believed as the pin which would break the Stern entry level pricing/final product domination at that end of the market.

Judging by the downvotes I don't think people get my humour

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Dialed In.
WOZ is now more than 5 years (so is Metallica).

Kinda why I was thinking 5 years (or so)
in the beggining of the thread. The reality is that there is pinball pre. Jersey Jack and post. I think that the era pre will be known as the Stern Era of pinball.

In the last 5 or so years there has been a renaissance in pinball. Of course this is news to nobody, but looking at the numbers of titles on the list (and those off of it) it is very encouraging. I think if you had asked most pinball guys 6 or 7 years ago where pinball was going most would probably have thought it would be Virtual Pin focused.
I have no problem with virtual pins but I for one am stoked with where we are and where we appear to be heading.

#130 5 years ago

And now:

AB984CE3-5F31-4A9B-8E16-0CA7CDA68EDF (resized).jpegAB984CE3-5F31-4A9B-8E16-0CA7CDA68EDF (resized).jpeg
#131 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Where are all the TNA guys at?

I'm one of them.

And too busy enjoying having it and playing it to waste time comparing it to or playing any of the others any more,

#132 5 years ago

The coolest thing about this poll is seeing the popularity of a game that just about everyone, including myself, seemed so down about when it was first revealed. Now we have a new original themed Pat Lawlor game being received as one of the best pins ever created That's just awesome.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The coolest thing about this poll is seeing the popularity of a game that just about everyone, including myself, seemed so down about when it was first revealed. Now we have a new original themed Pat Lawlor game being received as one of the best pins ever created That's just awesome.

Agree.

Got to wait for things to settle down. To much BS 6 months before and after a pin is released.

#135 5 years ago

What's that? A pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-release-in-the-past-5-years/page/3?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.