(Topic ID: 225169)

Best Pinball Release in the past 5 years?

By Pinbutt2000

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best release in the past 5 years”

• JJP WOZ 52 votes
    12%
  • JJP Dialed in 77 votes
    18%
  • Stern Iron Maiden 76 votes
    18%
  • Stern Walking Dead 50 votes
    12%
  • CGC AFM 9 votes
    2%
  • CGC MM 10 votes
    2%
  • Stern Star Wars 13 votes
    3%
  • SternMetallica 62 votes
    14%
  • TNA Spooky Pinball 17 votes
    4%
  • Stern Ghostbusters 8 votes
    2%
  • Stern Batman 66 37 votes
    9%
  • LL Multimorphic 10 votes
    2%
  • Thunderbirds 3 votes
    1%
  • Other please mention in thread to add 5 votes
    1%
  • Stern Mustang 4 votes
    1%

(433 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AB984CE3-5F31-4A9B-8E16-0CA7CDA68EDF (resized).jpeg
E53374FB-EEF7-4A11-94AC-8C90C5EF5205 (resized).jpeg
6A2D83FB-8261-4E79-A450-363C71C17AF6 (resized).jpeg
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Looks like I can edit poll so if you want another that is your favorite go ahead and mention so I can add if you want.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Where are all the TNA guys at?

Here I am. There are 1500 different which pin is better threads. So I dont bother usually.....

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Poll would help some post their favorite without getting berrated....good idea...AFMRLE, and yes, BM66 are very serious contenders.....

Honestly this is a personal belief poll. Every individual has a right to their own belief and their own reasons why. It would actually be nice to see the outlying reasons for things. If you just really love Batman from back in the day that is a great reason to feel good about Batman 66 etc.

#54 5 years ago

WOZ gets my vote - I think it reset expectations on what a great pin needs to be and it was the catalyst for the innovations we are seeing from stern and new entries into the market. WOZ got me and my wife into the hobby. There are some new games that I am more interested in playing now, but lets give credit where it is due.

#55 5 years ago

WOZ hands down. First wide body in how long? RBG inserts. Display(s). Stereo. Haven't seen a game this innovative since Bally/Williams. It took pinball to the next level. Years ahead of other machines.

#56 5 years ago

Mustang Prem/LE

#57 5 years ago

Adding
I assume you were the other vote

#58 5 years ago

It certainly is nice that we have so many choices in the last 5 or so years to choose from. And from so many manufacturers. So far I am quite pleasantly surprised, can’t wait to see how this shakes out over some time

#59 5 years ago

KISS - yes, really

#60 5 years ago

Looks like I am now locked out from making further adjustments so if you select other post it here so we know your favorite.

#61 5 years ago

You forgot a few all time greats like Rob Zombie, AMH, Dominos, The Jetsons, and ACNC.

#62 5 years ago

Walking Dead

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

Honestly this is a personal belief poll. Every individual has a right to their own belief and their own reasons why. It would actually be nice to see the outlying reasons for things. If you just really love Batman from back in the day that is a great reason to feel good about Batman 66 etc.

I get that point, and all of these threads are personal choice. Just nice to see in the polls that WOZ is substantially ahead of DI, as it should be...Who knows how it ends up.

Personally, final run AlienLE is the most amazing game I've played that was made in the past 5 years....Nothing approaches it, but they are no more...

BM66 is Stern's best in the last 5....Again, not even close ( fun and theme), with existing code that is very, very strong.

WOZ by a mile for JJP.....If I want a selfie ( not), I'll use my phone.

My top 3 made in the past 5 years, in order of preference.....

#64 5 years ago

WOZ.

#65 5 years ago

You don’t have Game of Thrones

#66 5 years ago

I asked Keith Elwin what his favorite game was (with the exception of Iron Maiden), and he said it was The Walking Dead. That means something, I suppose.

The favorite one I've played that came out in the last 5 years is probably Dialed In.

#67 5 years ago

Still cannot get enough of Star Wars LE, by far the most played game in my home.

My vote is Stern Star Wars Premium/LE

#68 5 years ago

WOZ was the most innovative and revolutionary but best means there are none better. There are several better titles than WOZ in the past 5 years.

#69 5 years ago
#70 5 years ago

For me its:

Iron Maiden #1
The Walking Dead #2

Everything else does not come close.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

Looks like I can edit poll so if you want another that is your favorite go ahead and mention so I can add if you want.

JJPOTC
Stern GOT

#72 5 years ago

Dialed In!

Crazy (in a great way)!

#74 5 years ago

AFMr LE

#75 5 years ago

Dialed in is a really fun pin even though I really hate the phone part of the theme. Iron Maiden is another fun shooter, but again, I've got an uphill battle to get past the theme.

#76 5 years ago

DI is great but trying to cash out a big CIU in MET gets my ticker pumping.

#77 5 years ago

We'll it was an F'd up release but I have to go with Alien. Most engaging and unique pin of the last five years. The shots, the coding, the sound package... all top notch.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You forgot a few all time greats like Rob Zombie, AMH, Dominos, The Jetsons, and ACNC.

Sure wish I could still add names. Gotta say I am a bit surprised with results so far.

Quoted from Astropin:

We'll it was an F'd up release but I have to go with Alien. Most engaging and unique pin of the last five years. The shots, the coding, the sound package... all top notch.

#79 5 years ago

Walking Dead needs a spot on the poll. Dump thunderbirds. Whoever sugested that was being a smart ass.

edit - I see TWD now. Starts with an S on the poll.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Walking Dead needs a spot on the poll. Dump thunderbirds. Whoever sugested that was being a smart ass.

#81 5 years ago

Results are pretty interesting, comparing to Pinside Map numbers, which are

Pinsider Count / Location Count

MET 1015 / 330
GB 686 / 403
ST 659 / 340
WOZ 720 / 120
DI 307 / 99

It looks like the map doesn't distinguish Williams / CGC versions though so MM numbers are skewed: I think it should keep those separate.

This vote correlates for some like MET but not others like GB. But I think the ownership counts speak way louder than this vote does: nothing like voting with your wallet. IMDN is too new though: no doubt it will climb in ranking.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Thunderbirds got a vote and it is subjective.

Walking dead is listed as Stern TWD doing very well.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Results are pretty interesting, comparing to Pinside Map numbers, which are
Pinsider Count / Location Count
MET 1015 / 330
GB 686 / 403
DI 307 / 99
It looks like the map doesn't distinguish Williams / CGC versions though so MM numbers are skewed: I think it should keep those separate.
This vote correlates for some like MET but not others like GB. But I think the ownership counts speak way louder than this vote does: nothing like voting with your wallet.

Fair points all. Having one Best does force one to make a choice though. I might buy or own something and not neccesarilly require it the be “The best of”

Frankly, this poll makes me realize there are a lot of games I want to find to play

#84 5 years ago

Stern Trek is not on the list, but Thunderbirds is...

Any game that has a vault edition has to be represented, Stern doesn't rerelease games that aren't popular / ranked highly. I guess AC/DC just missed the 5 year stipulation though.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Stern Trek is not on the list, but Thunderbirds is...

Lol.
Question is... Is Stern Trek the best in the last 5 years in your opinion?
2 people did choose Thunderbirds so far.
Had Trek been mentioned as a contender I definitely would have added it.

#86 5 years ago

I would say Metallica and TWD. I never play a WOZ or a DI...

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Where are all the TNA guys at?

This made me LOL.

#88 5 years ago

Maiden or Walking Dead. Just fun, different games with great code.

Dialed In gets an honorable mention for fantastic layout, rules and flow. The Lawlor comeback game we all wanted when Monopoly came out.

#89 5 years ago

As of 200 votes in it looks like Jersey Jack has the edge with Dialed In slightly in the lead over Wizard of Oz.

Stern is following Very closely with 3 Outstanding Releases, Iron Maiden, Metallica, The Walking Dead... if you add up the votes Stern has the overall lead for favorite count so far.

Many honorable mentions and additional favorites. This poll won’t change anybody’s Favorite and whether it is Dialed In or Alien for you, the one thing we can all agree on is diversity in manufacturers and ideas has given us all the gift of a new wave of pinball in the current century

#90 5 years ago

Man TWD vs MET. That's a good one. MET all day long for me.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Man TWD vs MET. That's a good one. MET all day long for me.

Complete opposite for me. Have you owned MET? I’ve had it for like 3-4 months and can’t wait to give it back. Haha.

TWD might be the best game ever made in my book.

#92 5 years ago

Now that we are at this point and there are 5 stand outs head on over to the Showdown thread and let’s see who is the best of the top 5.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-in-the-last-5-years-pt-2-the-show-down-poll-

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Complete opposite for me. Have you owned MET? I’ve had it for like 3-4 months and can’t wait to give it back. Haha.
TWD might be the best game ever made in my book.

MET lasted almost an entire year for me.I One of the longest lasting games in my collection. TWD I just can't get into. I tried twice.

I just don't get why it's so well regarded as opposed to a game like iron maiden which I truly appreciate even though the theme and especially that terrible music absolutely kills it for me... But I do respect it as a great game

#94 5 years ago

Easy. Dialed In

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just don't get why it's so well regarded

The code is by far Lyman’s best. MET’s code is like swimming through sludge.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The code is by far Lyman’s best. MET’s code is like swimming through sludge.

In my opinion BM66 will be Lyman's best when he is finished with it and I think that is what he is aiming for.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

In my opinion BM66 will be Lyman's best when he is finished with it and I think that is what he is aiming for.

Very possible. But it is going to take a lot to de-throne TWD. There sure is a lot there, just doesn't get my blood pumping like TWD does right now. ACDC is another game for the adrenaline junkies. I think that is amazing as well. GOT is another for me.

#98 5 years ago

Iron Maiden catching up quick!

Head over to part 2 and let’s settle this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-in-the-last-5-years-pt-2-the-show-down-poll-

#99 5 years ago

Mustang LE was one of the most fun games I've played.
It's in my top 5
I know that's a rare opinion, but the game is funny AND fun

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

...but the game is funny...

Def hearkens back to the 90s idea of humor; great stuff in there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-release-in-the-past-5-years/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.