Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Haymaker
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 4 years ago

Narcissistic D-Bag

#4 4 years ago

That video is awesome. Well deserved Kaneda! Might as well engrave his name on the 4th one now.

#5 4 years ago

That acceptance video was epic, lol.

#6 4 years ago

Kaneda was drinking on FaceBook Live last night after TWIPY awards. I enjoy his podcast but the stuff he was spouting last night was rough. Threw a lot of people under the bus.

#7 4 years ago

In before the lock. Congrats K!

#8 4 years ago

Congratulations to Chris on his 3rd TWIPY in a row! I'm a Kaneda podcast fan overall, but I hafta say - I think the subject video was ... MEH. Less would have definitely been more for the purpose it was intended.

And FWIW (while I'm in the pulpit) ... my biggest gripe with Chris is that his game quality opinions all too often aren't based upon any substantail personal gameplay experience of his own. Case in point: Mustang (slighted in his video). As well as nearly every other game that was manufactured before he got involved with the pinball hobby a few years ago.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bazzy34:

Kaneda was drinking on FaceBook Live last night after TWIPY awards. I enjoy his podcast but the stuff he was spouting last night was rough. Threw a lot of people under the bus.

Is that available to watch?

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Kaneda doesn’t have the balls to keep the video up on his Facebook page. He took it down.

#11 4 years ago

Here's the percentages:

Favorite Pinball Podcast
    27.9% Kaneda's Pinball Podcast
    18.8% This Week in Pinball Podcast
    11.8% Special When Lit Pinball Podcast
    9.2% Bro, do you even talk pinball?
    7.4% Head2Head Pinball Podcast
    5.1% LoserKid Pinball Podcast
    4.5% Backbox Pinball Podcast
    4.4% The Slam Tilt Podcast
    4.1% Pinball Profile
    3.6% Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
    3.2% The Super Awesome Pinball Show Podcast

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congratulations to Chris on his 3rd TWIPY in a row! I'm a Kaneda podcast fan overall, but I hafta say - I think the subject video was ... MEH. Less would have definitely been more for the purpose it was intended.
    And FWIW (while I'm in the pulpit) ... my biggest gripe with Chris is that his game quality opinions all too often aren't based upon any substantail personal gameplay experience of his own. Case in point: Mustang (slighted in his video). As well as nearly every other game that was manufactured before he got involved with the pinball hobby a few years ago.

You mean he's never played Mustang even once? That's all you need to learn how unbelievably awful it is...

Funny video.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Here's the percentages:
    Favorite Pinball Podcast
    27.9% Kaneda's Pinball Podcast
    18.8% This Week in Pinball Podcast
    11.8% Special When Lit Pinball Podcast
    9.2% Bro, do you even talk pinball?
    5.1% LoserKid Pinball Podcast
    4.5% Backbox Pinball Podcast
    4.4% The Slam Tilt Podcast
    4.1% Pinball Profile
    3.6% Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
    3.2% The Super Awesome Pinball Show Podcast

That just tells me there's too many pinball podcasts. Not enough news in an industry that produces maybe one new machine every 6 months. Reading TWIP news every other Tuesday for 10 minutes gets you up to speed.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Should be able to see it on the you tube broadcast

#15 4 years ago

That was a pretty funny acceptance video.

#16 4 years ago

Societal life lesson: whatever you subsidize, you get more of. If you subsidize D-bags in the world by giving them the attention they want, you get more D-bags. Something to consider, as D-bags walk away with trophies...

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Should be able to see it on the you tube broadcast

Facebook live last night after the TWIPYs, it was a train wreck. Kaneda said he made more than Keith Elwin, Lyman Sheats and Mike Vinikour combined. Suggested Mike was poor due to his low ceilings in his game room, “not even room for a topper.” Hated on Elwin bad. He was getting drunk and talking poorly about many of pinball’s finest. Hopefully, someone recorded it and will post. Not necessary and shows what kind of guy he really is. Think the guy could stay sober on the one big night of the year For pinball, poor behavior.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

That was a pretty funny acceptance video.

Not the acceptance video we are talking about here. Over 100 people watched him live after the TWIPY’s on Facebook Live.

#19 4 years ago

Someone needs to post his Facebook Live video, from last night.

#20 4 years ago

He was blotto even before the TWIPYs started. His brother was hilarious though, clowning him and posting stuff like "Someone PM me when he vomits on himself."

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

He was blotto even before the TWIPYs started. His brother was hilarious though, clowning him and posting stuff like "Someone PM me when he vomits on himself."

Oh fuck yeah post that shit here or on you tube.I don’t have no fancy Facebook

#22 4 years ago

Bro takes the award next year. You heard it here first

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Here's the percentages

56.789 % of all stats are made up

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Here's the percentages:

After seeing dismal figures like that common sense advice for any other Aussies thinking of doing a podcast in the future about the Australian pinball scene is to actually talk about the Australian pinball scene by giving each State/Territory equal air time instead of servile pandering to the same one State week in week out for 100 plus episodes.

You'll get a lot more broader domestic support within the pinball community down here instead of propagandising the false ideology of a very small minority group.

#25 3 years ago

well deserved

Also: In b4 lock

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-podcaster-kaneda-?hl=captain-flint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.