Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ShinyBall
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Legit question. I stopped listening to most once Coast to Coast went off the air.

Cant stand the boring repetitive schtick of Kman. Plus zero ability to respect any pinball opinion from a guy that doesnt really do anything in pinball beside hype and flip the newest game of the month.

Is super awesome the best one out there?

I want something that talks a little of everything. Competition, new games, old games, restoration, collections, etc...

that is what I loved about C2C. Clever and a little of it all.

What do you look for in a pinball podcast?

#2 3 years ago

Loserkid is top of my list currently but there are several newcomers within the last year I haven’t checked out yet.

Final Round is great but it’s on TPN which means your feed probably gets a bunch of stuff you don’t care about. ZMeny is there a URL for podcatchers for individual shows?

#3 3 years ago

I have heard others say loser kid. I’ll check it out
    Are they on Pinside also?

#4 3 years ago

Slam Tilt ticks all those boxes.

#5 3 years ago

Silverball Chronicles is my favorite as they take a historical look at pinball. Reminds me of the old TOPcast podcast.

Slam Tilt podcast is another favorite that covers news, tech stuff, tournaments, etc.

Final Round is also good for competitive talk and modern game talk.

Loserkid and Super Awesome get the best interviews. Knock a few points off SA though for all of the annoying sound bytes/effects.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Silverball Chronicles is my favorite as they take a historical look at pinball. Reminds me of the old TOPcast podcast.
    Slam Tilt podcast is another favorite that covers news, tech stuff, tournaments, etc.
    Loserkid and Super Awesome get the best interviews. Knock a few points off SA though for all of the annoying sound bytes/effects.

Thx. Very comprehensive list. Appreciate it

#7 3 years ago

I support Slam Tilt who have great chemistry, hit your boxes, and offer years of experience with a larger perspective on the hobby (one is co-host of Silverball Chronicles). They are candid (sponsor free) and land guests no one else does. This year I appreciated hearing co-host Bruce and his wife share their very personal experience as small business owners and route operators during covid. Great listen.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Loserkid is top of my list currently but there are several newcomers within the last year I haven’t checked out yet.
    Final Round is great but it’s on TPN which means your feed probably gets a bunch of stuff you don’t care about. zmeny is there a URL for podcatchers for individual shows?

Yes each TPN podcast has its own direct RSS feed

#9 3 years ago

The Classic Pinball Podcast mixes old school pinball from the 70's and 80's (as that's what we grew up with) and mix in some 90's DMD with a lot of good humor thrown in for good measure.

Being into pinball for more than 40 years each, George and I have fun creating each episode. ( 43 episodes and much more to go)
    I have been in the pinball restoration business since the early 90's and there is always a new restoration going on in my shop that George and I discuss.
    We rarely talk about the latest stuff coming out as that is covered ad nauseum on many of the other pinball podcasts out there.
    We don't take ourselves too seriously and that shows in the fun we have with our show and the humor in our podcasts. =)

https://podbay.fm/p/the-classic-pinball-podcast

(Also available at your usual podcast providers)

#10 3 years ago

I’m just going to leave this here in case anyone is stumped on the Publication nominations.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJeDi2pHVnR/?igshid=qj7v4xz0g8i1

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

The Classic Pinball Podcast mixes old school pinball from the 70's and 80's (as that's what we grew up with) and mix in some 90's DMD with a lot of good humor thrown in for good measure.
    Being into pinball for more than 40 years each, George and I have fun creating each episode. ( 43 episodes and much more to go)
    I have been in the pinball restoration business since the early 90's and there is always a new restoration going on in my shop that George and I discuss.
    We rarely talk about the latest stuff coming out as that is covered ad nauseum on many of the other pinball podcasts out there.
    We don't take ourselves too seriously and that shows in the fun we have with our show and the humor in our podcasts. =)

Sounds fun. Thx

#12 3 years ago

Chris says you have an open invitation to join his show. Why not take him up on the offer? I’d love to hear your perspective on pinball.

#13 3 years ago

Silver ball chronicles is amazing, super amazing pinball show has some great interviews but I can’t listen to the rest of it just skip to the interviews.

#14 3 years ago

I’ll tune into Loser Kid again if they promise
    to stop saying “playfilled”, “eltse”, and “expecially”

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Chris says you have an open invitation to join his show. Why not take him up on the offer? I’d love to hear your perspective on pinball.

What would I have to talk about with him that would be of any interest what so ever?

We could talk about how he make a fake Fbook account to bully me and impersonate me, how he called my previous boss to tell I was on Pinside during work hours, how he smacked around his then girlfriend at Levi’s NYC tournament and assaulted now stern software (and general nice guy) Tim.

Pretty boring drama filled BS and lots of malicious things from him that make me have zero desire to spend any time talking with him.

#16 3 years ago

A hater is just another fan in disguise

#17 3 years ago

Slam Tilt, Silver Ball Chronicles

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from DRDAVE:

Checking this out now. Very cool Dr Dave

#19 3 years ago

Broken Token Arcade and Pinball Podcast is also excellent, but as the name suggests, it covers more than just pinball.

http://www.brokentoken.com/

#20 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast and The pinball Show,
    And Eclectic Gamers if you want some Video game talk too!

Happy New Year

Stay Safe

#21 3 years ago

Slam Tilt, is great.
    Silverball chronicles, wonderful history of pinball.
    Poor Mans, stupid fun.
    Eclectic Gamers, is great, mostly pin talk with a little new video game talk.
    Super Awesome might be the best, but they only do one a month.
    The first 150 episodes of Coast 2 Coast, is still the gold standard.
    I still go back and listen to the C2C episodes I have down loaded.

#22 3 years ago

I listen to podcasts when I do my morning walk.

Although they don't fit the criteria you mentioned, I really enjoy the chemistry between Zach and Dennis on The Pinball Show. Guest hosts Greg Bone and Ken Cromwell also did a great job filling in recently.

Also, The Super Awesome Pinball Show has been really good lately, especially the Gary Stern interview.

I don't listen to Chris as often as I used to.

#23 3 years ago

My vote is for Pinball Profile. Jeff seems to be an all around good guy and is easy to listen to.

#24 3 years ago

Poor Man’s Pinball Podcast, Homies. The Sloppiest show on the internet is also the most fun because they don’t take anything too seriously.

Buffalo Pinball’s “Bro, Do You Even Pinball” is another favorite but they do a Bro-show pretty irregularly these days.

#25 3 years ago

Eclectic Gamers

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Yup, this was my list too. I like all but the super awesome IMO has too much editing and extra music and flare and it just seems to fluffed. But they have some good content.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What would I have to talk about with him that would be of any interest what so ever?
    We could talk about how he make a fake Fbook account to bully me and impersonate me, how he called my previous boss to tell I was on Pinside during work hours, how he smacked around his then girlfriend at Levi’s NYC tournament and assaulted now stern software (and general nice guy) Tim.
    Pretty boring drama filled BS and lots of malicious things from him that make me have zero desire to spend any time talking with him.

I don’t want to start the topic on a tangent, but yeah, it seems there are people that like to forget or don’t know some of k’s negative history. I won’t support it so I don’t listen.

#28 3 years ago

Ok.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

New Ben Heck interview on K's pod.
    He talks about the Spooky/CGC game he is making.

Wrong thread dude

#30 3 years ago

final round and silverball are great for competitive/old school games. I look forward to zach's show the most each week which is the Pinball show. But I really listen to them all including kaneda as well. Super Awesome is really good but a bit long so I dont always get all the way thru it.

#31 3 years ago

There aren't that many podcasts out there that get into repairs and tech stuff, so aside from SLAM TILT I'd also recommend COIN REJECTS if you are interested at all in classic video arcade games. They are equally as entertaining and off-color as Slam Tilt.

#32 3 years ago

Head 2 Head did a new Christmas episode, last week, lot of fun.

#33 3 years ago

Uncle Pinball's Podcast... Obviously

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Uncle Pinball's Podcast... Obviously

Well, that's a given....

One of my favorite pinball podcasts.

#35 3 years ago

Super Awesome is the best IMO. Franchi and Dr. Pin are entertaining; the production qualities are fantastic and they secure interviews with all the heavy hitters, asking thoughtful - and sometimes tough - questions.

Final Round with Jeff and Marty is competition-based but Jeff has worked in radio for decades and is a top player and their chemistry, humor and camaraderie are second to none.

#36 3 years ago

I listen to a mix of pinball podcasts including many of those already mentioned. I also enjoy The Pinball Players Podcast with Jeff Parsons and Joe Lemire. They have a good chemistry and although they like to include tournament discussions (which I don't have much interest in), their pinball perspectives are typically informative as well as entertaining.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

There aren't that many podcasts out there that get into repairs and tech stuff,

Uncle Pinball goes there...

#38 3 years ago

I really enjoy Zach and Dennis on the pinball show. Dennis helps keep Zach in check and they are both very informative. And while Zach does seem to come across as a shill at times, he is very sincere.

Loser kid has been great too but no TWIPY ballot, wtf?? Maybe if they can land an interview with KME they’ll get that vote!

Buffalo crew (bro do you even pinball) have some really great point of views and really know pinball with good reviews.

This flippin podcast can be a different kind of entertaining. But for whatever reason, my iTunes kept spamming me with new episodes of them with no new episodes so I had to unsubscribe.

Slap save is the one I miss the most. Just as I got into his podcast, he jumped ship. But I guess someone (I wish I knew who - can someone PM me?) went after his and others’ livelihood. And that forced his hand - and who can blame him, life’s too short to take real life threats doing something for fun that you don’t get paid for.

#39 3 years ago

Chris is entertaining without guests. Give me an example of another pod that does this, and I'll gladly listen.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Give me an example of another pod that does this,

Uncle Pinball does this

#41 3 years ago

Silverball chronicles is the only other pinball podcast that i like

#42 3 years ago

Head to Head (sadly no more) and Slam Tilt are (personally) the best pinball podcasts out there. Final Round is good and I'm enjoying Super Awesome of late. Zach and Dennis are becoming enjoyable, but the early over production and forced schtick was difficult to listen to at times. I tried Kaneda a while back but found him to be an egotistical flog.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Silverball chronicles is the only other pinball podcast that i like

I love hearing the history! Great podcast I agree

Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Head to Head (sadly no more) and Slam Tilt are (personally) the best pinball podcasts out there. Final Round is good and I'm enjoying Super Awesome of late. Zach and Dennis are becoming enjoyable, but the early over production and forced schtick was difficult to listen to at times. I tried Kaneda a while back but found him to be an egotistical flog.

Ya I agree, kinda makes me cringe when Zach talks

#44 3 years ago

6 cheese slices for Poor man's pinball podcast!
    Pinball Show was my favorite but the Trump jabs got old and I turned it off. Sorry Zach.
    Super awesome is interesting but the laughter and poor sound bite editing is annoying.
    Hopefully there is more to talk about in 2021.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Pinball Show was my favorite but the Trump jabs got old and I turned it off. Sorry Zach.

Hm, might have to give that one another shot! Thanks!

1 month later
    #46 3 years ago

So, any recommendations for 2021 podcast to listen to? All my past ones are gone (spooky, Kaneda, Head to head, Slap save, and Coast to coast). So many are just too long or too vulgar (sorry, I just don't enjoy listening to frequent f-bombs). Any suggestions? Doesn't look like there is much new on the horizon.

#47 3 years ago

The Classic Pinball Podcast try’s to work clean. For the most part we are successful. We don’t do much with current pinball news and events. Most discussion is about older games. ( toot toot)

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

So, any recommendations for 2021 podcast to listen to? All my past ones are gone (spooky, Kaneda, Head to head, Slap save, and Coast to coast). So many are just too long or too vulgar (sorry, I just don't enjoy listening to frequent f-bombs). Any suggestions? Doesn't look like there is much new on the horizon.

I think we need to start one. How Pinside doesn't have it's own is beyond me. The golf site I used to work for had 5 different ones!

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I think we need to start one. How Pinside doesn't have it's own is beyond me. The golf site I used to work for had 5 different ones!

Pinside podcast network? The PPN

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-podcast-besides-k?hl=nhpolarbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.