(Topic ID: 63398)

BEST PINBALL PODCAST

By 27dnast

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AllCaps.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Any podcast listeners out there....?

Curious to know what you all listen to. I've enjoyed both Pinball Soul and Coast 2 Coast a ton... big props to those guys for what they are doing... really enjoy Nate's dialog. Makes you want to play some silver ball!!!!!!!

Any others?

#2 10 years ago

Game Room Junkies and the Pinball Podcast
    And don't forget Spooky Pinball!!

#3 10 years ago

Silverball podcast is interesting too.....a bit old and they haven't churned one out since beginning of 2013, but there is some good stuff in there.

They are the creators or Life After Death DVD's...and they have some cool info on Gene Cunningham too in a couple of the episodes.

All the ones mentioned above are great! Wish Gameroom Junkies and The Pinball Podcast could come out twice a month!

#4 10 years ago

Sweet! Going to subscribe today and check'em out!

#5 10 years ago

For active podcasts: Gameroom Junkies FTW

Best ever: TOPcast

#6 10 years ago

where do you get these?

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

where do you get these?

I-Tunes is where I get mine from....search pinball then click podcasts. Awesome and FREE

#8 10 years ago

I use the Downcast app on my iPhone to listen and download. I listen to all of the podcasts mentioned above. I love all of the current ones, but I really miss TOPCast and Silverball. The interviews on TOPCast were brilliant and there was a bigger nostalgic feel to Silverball. Coast 2 Coast is starting to integrate some of the Silverball-like "when it was 19**" kind of topics. Really like that sort of thing. However, all of the podcasts are doing what they do well; they are all different enough that I can listen to them all regularly with no problem. Keep'em going guys.

Michael

#9 10 years ago

I like to listen to the game room junkies.

p.s- why do people post in all caps titles?

#10 10 years ago

Maybe they think it will draw the eye to the title. I write in all caps, so I think it just looks better...so I used to type in all caps years ago on AOL, until people thought I was yelling at them...just because of capital letters....go figure

AllCaps.jpgAllCaps.jpg

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Maybe they think it will draw the eye to the title. I write in all caps, so I think it just looks better...so I used to type in all caps years ago on AOL, until people thought I was yelling at them...just because of capital letters....go figure

It is yelling in typing speak, and annoying to read. Although, you just said AOL so totally understood Work in the IT industry and anytime starts with "Well, I am currently using AOL..." then you know it is game on

#12 10 years ago

Those were the years dial up service when you used AOL as a service provider...I have since moved on in 15 years

#14 10 years ago

They are all great, but Coast 2 coast is my fav.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

If you're talking about why we posted TOPCast in caps, it's because TOP stands for something - This Old Pinball. It's been that way since back in the days when we used to listen to live Internet broadcasts of the show with crappy webcams and call-ins by phone for tech tips. I've listened to each of those shows at least 10x each, some many more. It used to be all we had. I love all the podcasts, but I don't think any of the newer ones can surpass the job Clay did with his interviews. He talked to just about everybody who was somebody in the pinball biz. Unfortunately some of those great people have passed on. The new guys are figuring out who they are and what they want to be known for. Their is a place for all of them and they're all doing great jobs. Very entertaining.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Metalpin:

If you're talking about why we posted TOPCast in caps, it's because TOP stands for something - This Old Pinball. It's been that way since back in the days when we used to listen to live Internet broadcasts of the show with crappy webcams and call-ins by phone for tech tips. I've listened to each of those shows at least 10x each, some many more. It used to be all we had. I love all the podcasts, but I don't think any of the newer ones can surpass the job Clay did with his interviews. He talked to just about everybody who was somebody in the pinball biz. Unfortunately some of those great people have passed on. The new guys are figuring out who they are and what they want to be known for. Their is a place for all of them and they're all doing great jobs. Very entertaining.

lol no. The title of this thread is in all caps I have no idea what TOPCast is

#17 10 years ago

The Pinball Podcast is still my personal favorite. GameRoom Junkies is a close second. I'm glad to see some of the newer ones pop up!

#18 10 years ago

The Pinball Podcast is the only one I never miss.

#20 10 years ago

I don't think there are any bad ones...I listen to all of them as I do a tremendous amount of driving. I'd say my personal favorite is Spooky. Charlie has a friendly presence and is always refreshing.

#21 10 years ago

I miss Clay Harrell's Podcast. It was the best and the Python episode was one of the most entertaining pin-conversations I have ever born witness to.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I miss Clay Harrell's Podcast. It was the best and the Python episode was one of the most entertaining pin-conversations I have ever born witness to.

Absolutely! Whenever I listen to that surreal cast I am amazed. Does anyone know where to find the uncensored version of that?

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

lol no. The title of this thread is in all caps I have no idea what TOPCast is

Do yourself a favor and make Google your friend. Many hours of some of the greatest pinball interviews ever. I've listened to Clay's podcast episodes and watched his tech videos dozens of times over. Always entertained by them. I miss Norm and Shaggy.

#24 10 years ago

TOPCast. Episodes are all archived here:
    http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

TOPCast. Episodes are all archived here:http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

Wow....65 episodes! I better get started

#27 10 years ago

Best out there right now (in no particular order):

1. Coast2Coast Pinball
    2. The Pinball Podcast
    3. Gameroom Junkies

The Silverball podcast is great too - hopefully Rob and Steve get back into the swing of things soon.

#28 10 years ago

My rankings:

TOPcast
    Gameroom Junkies
    Silverball podcast
    Pinball Podcast
    Spooky pinball
    Pinball Soul
    Coast 2 coast

Don't get me wrong - nothing wrong with the one's at bottom of the list. I like all of them !!

#29 10 years ago

My rankings (active podcasts):

Coast 2 Coast - love the frequency of new material and opinions
    Pinball Podcast - love the humor and how it is all about pinball
    Gameroom Junkies - these guys are great, but I can't get into the vid stuff too much
    Pinball Soul - great stuff, love the recent interviews. only knock on it is the lack of personal opinions on games, etc.
    Spooky - sometimes i feel like only 10% of the show is actual pinball stuff. I skip the EM dungeon.

#30 10 years ago

I won't listen to Spooky until Bryan F*#$ing Kelly is back on!!!!

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

Abso Flogging lutely

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

WOW, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I TYPED THE TITLE OF THE THREAD IN ALL CAPS. SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU... BUT GLAD TO HAVE GIVEN YOU SOMETHING TO PICK ON.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

My rankings:
    TOPcast
    Gameroom Junkies
    Silverball podcast
    Pinball Podcast
    Spooky pinball
    Pinball Soul
    Coast 2 coast
    Don't get me wrong - nothing wrong with the one's at bottom of the list. I like all of them !!

I'm going to have to check out TOPcast and Gameroom Junkies... nice to know there are a ton of options.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

I've heard he's kind of a dick.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've heard he's kind of a dick.

Then he should have something to say...Farm Animal, MN and Flogging are nice, but there is only one true Bryan Kelly (jumps off soap box)

#36 10 years ago

I like them all, they all have their own unique take. THE Pinball Podcast is probably my favorite.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Metalpin:

all of the podcasts are doing what they do well; they are all different enough that I can listen to them all regularly with no problem. Keep'em going guys.
    Michael

I agree Michael. I listen to them all as well and they all offer something different. I get a lot of enjoyment from at least some of the segments of every different episode.

#38 10 years ago

All of them are good. Problem is they start out good, get better, but then become so much work that they become irregular and stop. With this many though should be good for a while.

#39 10 years ago

I hear the Gameroom Junkies podcast is sub-par, at best.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jokercyclone:

All of them are good. Problem is they start out good, get better, but then become so much work that they become irregular and stop. With this many though should be good for a while.

This is great insight. And I admit it's happened to me before, with a reggae music podcast and a pro wrestling podcast that I had to end due to lack of time.

As I've added my own interviews to Pinball Soul, and Gene X's interviews plus all the editing of those interviews, I've thought about how much more work it is for me.

I started the Pinball Soul blog as a way to quickly post about what pinball fans are doing in the world of pinball. Since I post so many articles, the podcast was easier because I used all the posts I had already written as content for the show. With the addition of interviews (which Gene and I love doing), the show has become much more work, but adds so much! But yeah, where does it end?

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

Would love to play your "sub-par" collection...better than your generic arcade MAME cabinet you finally sold

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

100% agree! Although I did find it pretty funny when they interviewed the toilet bowl that was playing the role of Avengers.

[Just to be clear, I made this up]

In all seriousness, +1 for Gameroom Junkies.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Although I did find it pretty funny when they interviewed the toilet bowl that was playing the role of Avengers.

Ouch! I don't own an Avengers and I felt that from here

#44 10 years ago

Latest "The Pinball Podcast" is on I-Tunes...released today...over 2 hours....yes

#45 10 years ago

This is a great all in one list of pinball related podcasts (includes links to their sites and RSS links for easy setup in an pod catcher app) : http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/3989-Pinball-podcasts

I use BeyondPod for Android , very easy to organize and sync's all podcast episode listening across devices with Feedly integration.

The podcasts I can't miss lately (they are 100% related to pinball):

The Pinball Podcast

Coast 2 Coast Pinball (now that the host has I think realized that any game post EM is "Solid State" I can enjoy the shows much more)

A must listen inactive / legacy podcast series:

TOPcast

A podcast that I can't listen to more than a few minutes, i guess it's an acquired taste:

The Spooky Pinball Podcast

A Podcast i'll listen to but only fast forwarding thru the non pinball content:

The Gameroom Junkies

I want to get into this podcast but it's really only audio only from videos that by the time the podcast is released i've already seen and heard on YouTube making this one redundant (though I appreciate the high quality audio, if he would put in more of his own opinions / news it would improve greatly) :

The Pinball Soul Podcast

#46 10 years ago

Brokentoken just started a podcast also from Louisville area. I still like Spooky the best for entertaining pinball content with a cool family vibe. Gameroomjunkies is my favorite for collector interviews and home arcade talk. C2C does the best road tripping reports. Pinball Soul is like the AP newswire to the pinball community with tons of content.......All of them make my hour long drive to work much more entertaining.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

I'm back this month. F'ing happy??

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-podcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.