(Topic ID: 258427)

Best pinball of the decade 2010-2019 (Poll Added)

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 244 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pin of the Decade (this can be what you think is best or most important or influential pin).”

• Wizard Of Oz 114 votes
      22%
    • Dialed In! 40 votes
      8%
    • JJP PotC 57 votes
      11%
    • MMR 7 votes
      1%
    • AFMR 10 votes
      2%
    • MBR 1 vote
    • Alien 7 votes
      1%
    • Houdini 5 votes
      1%
    • Octoberfest 5 votes
      1%
    • Wonka 3 votes
      1%
    • The Hobbit 3 votes
      1%
    • Iron Man 1 vote
    • Tron 9 votes
      2%
    • AcDc 24 votes
      5%
    • Metallica 45 votes
      9%
    • Star Trek 5 votes
      1%
    • TWD 19 votes
      4%
    • GoT 5 votes
      1%
    • Batman 66 9 votes
      2%
    • Star Wars 4 votes
      1%
    • Deadpool 12 votes
      2%
    • The Beatles 2 votes
    • Ghostbusters 9 votes
      2%
    • Jurassic Park 30 votes
      6%
    • Iron Maiden 41 votes
      8%
    • Elvira 6 votes
      1%
    • Stranger Things 0 votes
    • AMH 0 votes
    • TNA 22 votes
      4%
    • RZ 0 votes
    • Alice Cooper 2 votes
    • Whoa Nelly! 3 votes
      1%
    • The Munsters 2 votes
    • BBH 0 votes
    • Mustang 1 vote
    • Rolling Stones 1 vote
    • Kiss 1 vote
    • X-Men 5 votes
      1%
    • Transformers 0 votes
    • WrestleMania 3 votes
      1%
    • Black Knight 5 votes
      1%
    • MultiMorphic P3 games 10 votes
      2%

(529 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    E176A43E-DEF5-4CDF-9843-043760DA3C12 (resized).jpeg
    E15CDB0E-5A4C-44EB-B984-4905443E8A75.jpeg
    index (resized).jpg
    0467DDB4-CE18-4E7A-A867-1DCC82DB468A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9864822A-A845-47D6-8EA3-E8FA76982E03 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    A3D80D0D-3281-4949-A348-7369AF3E351C.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 4 years ago

Voted TNA. Loved a lot of other games, but TNA is just a pure magic experience unlike angthing else out there. It’s deceptive from a glance, looks like nothing is going on - but when playing, it feels more featured and powerful than almost any other modern game I’ve played. Phenomenal features, layout, simple to understand rules with depth and nuance to dig into, unparalleled use of RGB lighting, and the most amazing music. Also there’s something wacky genius about having an LCD & A/N score displays.

Also love Tron, Iron Man, AC/DC, and Metallica.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRockDude:

When you take into consideration ground breaking and changing the only choice can be WOZ. It is hard to grasp how the remakes can be on this list these are games that are 20+ years old and it is sad that 20+ year old games are even considered

They’re better games. WOZ had different and new tech, but fundamentally a game isn’t tech...it’s a game. Games will be judged on fun and gameplay. Outside of the nice service menus, lighting and LCD, there’s nothing that innovative. Games have had up/down toys, spinning things, and doors that open forever.

#194 4 years ago

WOZ is not a great shooting game

So, it’s kind of weird that you day this, yet say WOZ was the only choice people should make for game of the decade.

When WOZ was introduced you looked at it and your mind didn’t think of it as a normal pinball machine now it is taken as the norm.

I was there when it was introduced. I pre-ordered it before we even knew what it was really going to be. Then, I saw and played the proto at a show. I cancelled my order.

It was a normal game. It had a big TV on it and multicolored lights...but still a pinball machine. It didn’t play as well as the B/W classics & Stern SAM games that I loved at the time.

Before any Stern fan boys say I am just ripping on Stern I am not I own 2 Stern from the last 10 years not because the are great games but because of theme and they are solid games.

So there you go. Solid games. So now you could understand why someone would prefer a solid game as their pinball of the decade over WOZ. Look, WOZ is a game I respect. I get why people like it. But, it’s just a game like any other. For me TNA, AC/DC, Iron Man, Metallica are far better games from the decade.

Anyway, WOZ is winning the poll so, yay?

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I know there are people that will swear its the greatest game or if I played it enough but seriously it is not a game changer JUST YOUR FAVORITE GAME

Why wouldn’t someone vote for their favorite game?

#224 4 years ago

WOZ in my opinion would not be the first JJP I would buy and is not my favorite game but I still think it is the BEST machine made

This is just the weirdest thing ever. Pinball is weird.

The poll says “best OR most important OR influential pin”

The “or” indicates you can choose based on any of these factors. You’re choosing to vote
    on importance. Some are voting on what, to them, is the best.

IT COMPLETELY changed pinball in technology modern capabilities and allowed Boutique manufactures to arise.

Actually what caused boutique manufacturers to rise was the LE mania & the used market price insanity started by Stern with Tron LE & AC/DC LE. Those “10k by xmas” games causes a rush of speculation with buyers & makers. This directly led to Jpop, which led to everyone else trying to jump in and get those FOMO collector bucks.

#226 4 years ago

JPOP was what led everyone to thinking they could build a Pinball machine and mass produce "IE Predator, Dutch Pinball, Heighway, Pinball, that weird Aussie company, but nearly killed it in the process. IT was actually JJ that led to BOUTIQUE manufacturers arising that proved it could succeed and there was a market which led the way for the Spooky's and American Pinball. NOT Stern with its "Innovative" debacle of an Iron Man home edition...

JJP isn’t and never was a boutique manufacturer. It’s a regular company/factory hoping to making as many thousands of machines as they can. Their goal was to equal or surpass Stern. The failures you listed were boutiques, and were inspired into existence by the crazy money being thrown around for “rare” shit. JJP had nothing to do with the boutique boom.

JJP has only “succeeded” due to a few investor bailouts.

Spooky is really the only boutique success so far.

AP only exists cuz they got suckered into all
    of this by Jpop & have been trying to salvage it into something ever since.

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

JJP POTC. Those that didn't vote for it, probably haven't played it.

I played it. I hope it never influences another game ever. If I ever walk up to another game that requires me to pick one of 86 characters, I’m walking away.

...and if you’re going to have that many characters and specific scene based modes, get the assets. Game feels like a soulless half-baked slot machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-of-the-decade-2010-2019?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.