(Topic ID: 258427)

Best pinball of the decade 2010-2019 (Poll Added)

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 244 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pin of the Decade (this can be what you think is best or most important or influential pin).”

• Wizard Of Oz 114 votes
      22%
    • Dialed In! 40 votes
      8%
    • JJP PotC 57 votes
      11%
    • MMR 7 votes
      1%
    • AFMR 10 votes
      2%
    • MBR 1 vote
    • Alien 7 votes
      1%
    • Houdini 5 votes
      1%
    • Octoberfest 5 votes
      1%
    • Wonka 3 votes
      1%
    • The Hobbit 3 votes
      1%
    • Iron Man 1 vote
    • Tron 9 votes
      2%
    • AcDc 24 votes
      5%
    • Metallica 45 votes
      9%
    • Star Trek 5 votes
      1%
    • TWD 19 votes
      4%
    • GoT 5 votes
      1%
    • Batman 66 9 votes
      2%
    • Star Wars 4 votes
      1%
    • Deadpool 12 votes
      2%
    • The Beatles 2 votes
    • Ghostbusters 9 votes
      2%
    • Jurassic Park 30 votes
      6%
    • Iron Maiden 41 votes
      8%
    • Elvira 6 votes
      1%
    • Stranger Things 0 votes
    • AMH 0 votes
    • TNA 22 votes
      4%
    • RZ 0 votes
    • Alice Cooper 2 votes
    • Whoa Nelly! 3 votes
      1%
    • The Munsters 2 votes
    • BBH 0 votes
    • Mustang 1 vote
    • Rolling Stones 1 vote
    • Kiss 1 vote
    • X-Men 5 votes
      1%
    • Transformers 0 votes
    • WrestleMania 3 votes
      1%
    • Black Knight 5 votes
      1%
    • MultiMorphic P3 games 10 votes
      2%

(529 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    E176A43E-DEF5-4CDF-9843-043760DA3C12 (resized).jpeg
    E15CDB0E-5A4C-44EB-B984-4905443E8A75.jpeg
    index (resized).jpg
    0467DDB4-CE18-4E7A-A867-1DCC82DB468A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9864822A-A845-47D6-8EA3-E8FA76982E03 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    A3D80D0D-3281-4949-A348-7369AF3E351C.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballRockDude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 4 years ago

Well it’s really tough to say which pin is the best of the decade because none did everything right.

Iron Maiden great shooter, awesome animation but empty play field could be any theme.
    Batman 66 best theme integration with video, deep code but not a great shooter.
    WOZ truly a world under glass, game changer but not a good shooter.
    Ghostbusters fun shooter, awesome artwork, loaded play field but that flipper gap so close.
    Dialed In yes theme is everything garbage.
    Walking Dead code saved the game.
    Deadpool oh so close but based on movie it’s a miss.
    Jurassic Park suffers from the same problem as Deadpool Jurassic Park DE better theme integration.
    Kiss most under rated of the decade excellent final code update best retro artwork.
    Metallica best of the music pins of the decade. Metallica, KISS, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Rob Zombie, AC/DC in that order.

So many games close to greatness but this is way the remakes are able to sell because the Bally/Williams era was greatness many times.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from manadams:

Surprised Dialed In is getting this much love, there's a ton of them for sale so a bit confusing.

That’s because of the self proclaimed pinball “snobs”. Similar to those gourmet food people who claim some bizarre food is so good. If a regular person eats the same food it really tastes like crap.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

All the regular folks I know (non-pinheads) really like DI for its fun, toys, and overall approachability. I’m not saying it’s the best pin ever, but it is a really well done pin.

So if you have a line up in a barcade Star Wars, Deadpool, Wonka, WOZ, Batman 66 and Dialed In. People will play Dialed In I think not. Proven by a local barcade if I go there I can step up and play Dialed in nearly anytime. Garbage theme means garbage game. It would be if Williams in the 80’s made a pin called Walkman.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

[quoted image]

Wow dis it take you long to come up with that brilliant comeback?

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I think DI has a great theme, guess people have different opinions but I will agree that in general game like SW or DP or JP have more mojo behind the casual audience. I would say that other pins like WhiteWater, TAF, The Shadow, BSD have somewhat of mediocre themes but they are well loved.

Those themes are loved because of nostalgia. For the most part people who played these games in arcades can now afford to buy these expensive toys. The original Black Knight was my favorite game when young and I look on it fondly. That does not make it a great game or theme anymore. That doesn’t mean that one way or another all pinball isn’t fun at one time or another.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Aw, sorry buddy. You just seemed so angry about it. I probably mistook your comment. Text often does that. All good.

You may have reading or comprehension issues which you may have because of your need to use pictures. I could really careless what your opinion is. I hope I didn’t use any words that were too big for you. Maybe you can run upstairs and have your mommy read them for you.

#189 4 years ago

When you take into consideration ground breaking and changing the only choice can be WOZ. It is hard to grasp how the remakes can be on this list these are games that are 20+ years old and it is sad that 20+ year old games are even considered. WOZ brought innovation and pushed things forward. As great as a game like Metallica is or many others there is little that could not have been done 20 years ago. Maybe pinball is just what it is when the theme is great, the shots work, the code complete and easy to understand and the world under glass tells the story. Without one of those a game can’t be great.

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They’re better games. WOZ had different and new tech, but fundamentally a game isn’t tech...it’s a game. Games will be judged on fun and gameplay. Outside of the nice service menus, lighting and LCD, there’s nothing that innovative. Games have had up/down toys, spinning things, and doors that open forever.

WOZ is not a great shooting game but it is visually stunning with the feel of the theme. Set it next to BKSOR and it is a joke. When WOZ was introduced you looked at it and your mind didn’t think of it as a normal pinball machine now it is taken as the norm. Other than theme and how much one likes a theme a Stern in the past 10 years is just another Stern. Before any Stern fan boys say I am just ripping on Stern I am not I own 2 Stern from the last 10 years not because the are great games but because of theme and they are solid games. I would own a WOZ or a Spooky in addition to but there is no reason for a third Stern just more of the same.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballRockDude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-of-the-decade-2010-2019?tu=PinballRockDude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.