(Topic ID: 258427)

Best pinball of the decade 2010-2019 (Poll Added)

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 244 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pin of the Decade (this can be what you think is best or most important or influential pin).”

• Wizard Of Oz 114 votes
      22%
    • Dialed In! 40 votes
      8%
    • JJP PotC 57 votes
      11%
    • MMR 7 votes
      1%
    • AFMR 10 votes
      2%
    • MBR 1 vote
    • Alien 7 votes
      1%
    • Houdini 5 votes
      1%
    • Octoberfest 5 votes
      1%
    • Wonka 3 votes
      1%
    • The Hobbit 3 votes
      1%
    • Iron Man 1 vote
    • Tron 9 votes
      2%
    • AcDc 24 votes
      5%
    • Metallica 45 votes
      9%
    • Star Trek 5 votes
      1%
    • TWD 19 votes
      4%
    • GoT 5 votes
      1%
    • Batman 66 9 votes
      2%
    • Star Wars 4 votes
      1%
    • Deadpool 12 votes
      2%
    • The Beatles 2 votes
    • Ghostbusters 9 votes
      2%
    • Jurassic Park 30 votes
      6%
    • Iron Maiden 41 votes
      8%
    • Elvira 6 votes
      1%
    • Stranger Things 0 votes
    • AMH 0 votes
    • TNA 22 votes
      4%
    • RZ 0 votes
    • Alice Cooper 2 votes
    • Whoa Nelly! 3 votes
      1%
    • The Munsters 2 votes
    • BBH 0 votes
    • Mustang 1 vote
    • Rolling Stones 1 vote
    • Kiss 1 vote
    • X-Men 5 votes
      1%
    • Transformers 0 votes
    • WrestleMania 3 votes
      1%
    • Black Knight 5 votes
      1%
    • MultiMorphic P3 games 10 votes
      2%

(529 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3775 (resized).JPG
    Lebowski-Opinion-Meme (resized).jpg
    E176A43E-DEF5-4CDF-9843-043760DA3C12 (resized).jpeg
    E15CDB0E-5A4C-44EB-B984-4905443E8A75.jpeg
    index (resized).jpg
    0467DDB4-CE18-4E7A-A867-1DCC82DB468A (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9864822A-A845-47D6-8EA3-E8FA76982E03 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpg
    A3D80D0D-3281-4949-A348-7369AF3E351C.gif

There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 4 years ago

If we are going to have a TWIPY for game of the decade, my nominees would be:

WOZ (most influential game of the decade)
    Metallica (best selling game of the decade)
    TNA (best original theme, best music, best light show of the decade)
    Tron (ushering in the era on LE, even though it was not truly the first LE)
    AC/DC (the game that turned many Bally / WMS purists on to Stern)
    TWD (thanks Clealand and Lyman)
    Iron Maiden (best original layout)
    Batman 66 (best code of the decade)
    MMr (ushering in the era of remakes)

#102 4 years ago

X-Men LE has a challenging layout, but the code, callouts, and magnet fuse debacle really crippled it's growth in popularity for the decade.
    The combo collection, ramps, and speed is it's true strength along with the multiple mechs placed throughout the game.

#103 4 years ago

AFMr count?

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRockDude:

It would be if Williams in the 80’s made a pin called Walkman.

I'll have to use that one. To each their own, but still it amazes me people actually like DI or WOZ. Shrug.

To me the best games of the decade in no particular order (assume premium/LE for Sterns):

Star Wars
    Metallica
    Star Trek
    TNA (cool because its different)
    Jurassic Park
    Oktoberfest (fun game and built like a tank - great quality)
    Beatles
    Iron Man VE
    BKSOR (the topper and software soon to release and put is squarely on this list)

Worst Theme: DI
    Worst game: Thunderbirds
    Personal biggest disappointment: Munsters. Great theme. Game is just not fun to me.

#105 4 years ago

X-Men LE as well. Not a lot of love here for the game but I can’t stop playing.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

[quoted image]

Wow dis it take you long to come up with that brilliant comeback?

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Wow dis it take you long to come up with that brilliant comeback?

Aw, sorry buddy. You just seemed so angry about it. I probably mistook your comment. Text often does that. All good.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I think DI has a great theme, guess people have different opinions but I will agree that in general game like SW or DP or JP have more mojo behind the casual audience. I would say that other pins like WhiteWater, TAF, The Shadow, BSD have somewhat of mediocre themes but they are well loved.

Those themes are loved because of nostalgia. For the most part people who played these games in arcades can now afford to buy these expensive toys. The original Black Knight was my favorite game when young and I look on it fondly. That does not make it a great game or theme anymore. That doesn’t mean that one way or another all pinball isn’t fun at one time or another.

#109 4 years ago

Metallica and ACDC

#110 4 years ago

89 pins this decade. Not bad!

https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/custom?gamefamily=custom&only_games_from=2010&only_games_to=2019&machine_manufacturer=&avgcalc=mean&rate_max_age_months=0&minimum_ratings_count=15

EDIT: Oops. Note this includes multiple versions of the same game. Can’t seem to get rid of that.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

So much love for jjp potc which I understand somewhat but man I don't think it's all that. Its has lots of neat toys/mechs and lots of characters to choose from with different powers . However the code just isn't varied enough and modes all feel the same and I swear I'm always in mb lol. Also I don't think its shoots that amazing and isnt as flowy as I like in a pin. I much perfer dile and wonka le for the way they shoot and especially the code and one of those wld be my pick for best pin in past 10 years. Also met from stern is really good and a honorable mention for me. Maybe I need a jjp potc professional to come teach/ show me some things I may be missing. It's a good pin that I like to play and better than many other offerings but it's just missing something for me to keep hitting the start button over and over

Couldn’t agree more about JJP POTC. I bought an LE NIB and absolutely loved it for a couple months. The honeymoon wore off though. All the modes feel the same. You’re always in a Multiball. The rules to get to the 5 “wizard” modes are silly. Just start 5 modes for the specific movie. The game just feels like chopping wood mixed with Multiball after Multiball. I do not miss that game one bit.

#112 4 years ago

My vote goes to Metallica and Iron Maiden. I just can't get into the JJP games. I have hope for GNR from JJP.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I then spent the bulk of the two hour drive home from college explaining to him why WOZ was a masterpiece.

You're a good father.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

Couldn’t agree more about JJP POTC. I bought an LE NIB and absolutely loved it for a couple months. The honeymoon wore off though. All the modes feel the same. You’re always in a Multiball. The rules to get to the 5 “wizard” modes are silly. Just start 5 modes for the specific movie. The game just feels like chopping wood mixed with Multiball after Multiball. I do not miss that game one bit.

Agree, had a chance to buy one but didn’t mind passing. One time was playing and goal was to tee up and start 5 multiballs at one time like ok, so every shot is being lit for something but I have no idea what. It’s deep but almost in the way that I don’t care. Give me AFM with 6 inserts to light at the bottom and I’m happy.

I do like somewhat the choose your adventure path but think ST or SW are somewhat better especially SW where the modes seem more unique. PotC seems like hit so and so character insert (yawn). But I will say PotC has a lot of innovative toys and the like the way the out lane save works, but the code is not my cup of rum.

#115 4 years ago

IMHO it's

1) Dialed IN
    2) WoZ

These two games either or between themselves defined the decade of pinball in terms of toys, lighting, displays and rules. They are damn awesome fun games too.

With that said, fun is in the eye of the beholder. No wrong answers here.

... Altan

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I certainly think WOZ has been the biggest game changer. JJP games are just so deep. I don't think most people can fully appreciate them unless they are in their home. On location pins don't allow players enough time to explore.

Totally right,you need to own or have access to fully appreciate games like Dialed In!

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

X-Men LE has a challenging layout, but the code, callouts, and magnet fuse debacle really crippled it's growth in popularity for the decade.
    The combo collection, ramps, and speed is it's true strength along with the multiple mechs placed throughout the game.

Quoted from HB_GAMER:

X-Men LE as well. Not a lot of love here for the game but I can’t stop playing

X-Men LE is my highest rated game on pinside. I’ve had Wolverine 003 since release, it has not moved a centimeter.

Sadly the cold launch and demonstration code the game shipped with and was stuck with for almost six months killed the momentum of this game, otherwise it would be discussed on par with Metallica and Tron. It had the layout, art, music, theme integration, and the toys...other than Storm and Beast (which were admittedly bad) the voice work was good.

#118 4 years ago

WOZ was like nothing prior that I've ever played....easily the pin which forever changed the bar (and price) of machines moving forward. Still JJP's best game by a large margin.

TRONLE - a genuine "modern day" classic. Beauty and brutality.....

TWDLE - An endless rulefest, difficult, yet extremely satisfying game to play. Amazing theme.

AlienLE - I wish more than anything this game gets remade, or available to more, with final polish. It crushes the norm of shot geometry, immersive experience that any other current pin could attempt to offer. Doesn't need a million toys (has a great one) to just be in your face as one of the most dominant machines I've ever played.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

X-Men LE is my highest rated game on pinside. I’ve had Wolverine 003 since release, it has not moved a centimeter.
    Sadly the cold launch and demonstration code the game shipped with and was stuck with for almost six months killed the momentum of this game, otherwise it would be discussed on par with Metallica and Tron. It had the layout, art, music, theme integration, and the toys...other than Storm and Beast (which were admittedly bad) the voice work was good.

This is good to know....

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

My vote goes to Metallica and Iron Maiden. I just can't get into the JJP games. I have hope for GNR from JJP.

To me, coming back to pinball, it kind of makes me sad.
    Think both of them are ok, but...

Put theese two next to an afm, and i will be playing afm the whole evening.

#121 4 years ago
    0467DDB4-CE18-4E7A-A867-1DCC82DB468A (resized).jpeg0467DDB4-CE18-4E7A-A867-1DCC82DB468A (resized).jpeg
    #122 4 years ago

TWD, MMR, and the W/B classics still rule otherwise.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Meh. I came into XMEN LE after the code was final and had no experience with the game prior. It still bored me to tears. It just was not fun. It had the components - loops, cool ramps, pop-up trolls, spinning disc, moving ramp, magnets, light changes (with added ColorDMD, too) - all of it, but it was just not fun to play, no matter how much I wanted it to be. It did okay on the route I help with, but not good enough to keep it. The person that bought it was hyped, but ended up keeping it about 6 months (maybe less) before moving it out too. It's a hard game to love, in my experience.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Jurassic Park is the best game created this decade.

100% correct!

Jurassic park is sensational.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Most influential company of the decade:

Multimorphic. Their boards are at the heart of the boutique movement and have enabled countless homebrew games.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Aw, sorry buddy. You just seemed so angry about it. I probably mistook your comment. Text often does that. All good.

You may have reading or comprehension issues which you may have because of your need to use pictures. I could really careless what your opinion is. I hope I didn’t use any words that were too big for you. Maybe you can run upstairs and have your mommy read them for you.

#127 4 years ago

I really like the new JP but I have to vote for Woz. I think it was a game changer for pinball moving forward.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I really like the new JP but I have to vote for Woz. I think it was a game changer for pinball moving forward.

The only game changing thing about WOZ was pricing. Look at JJP games built after Woz and none have compared

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

XM is definitely a top game for me; partly because it's a kickass game with one of the best art packages to date (I have a Magneto) and partly because I grew up watching the cartoon in the 90s and love the X-Men outside of pinball. And if you didn't know, I heard someone did a sound package for it

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Totally right,you need to own or have access to fully appreciate games like Dialed In!

My friend left WoZ at my house for almost three years because he had no room for it when it arrived. I wanted to like it and tried to like it many times. To this day it is still my least favorite modern game I have ever had in my gameroom; tied with LW3 and TOM. I honestly think it is a terrible shooter and the sound track is annoying as hell. It was also the worst out of box experience I've had and the game was constantly down for repair. When my buddy finally moved to a big house and took his games, I had finally gotten WoZ up and running 100% reliable. He recently reported that his grand daughters all love it and play the heck out of it. I don't miss it in the slightest bit.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

The only game changing thing about WOZ was pricing.

Agreed. I think it was around $6500 for WOZ originally if I remember correctly and $6500 was so expensive for a game back then.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

... WoZ ... I wanted to like it and tried to like it many times. To this day it is still my least favorite modern game I

I also tried to like it. I had access to one for a few months. It was a pretty game with a ton of stuff on it. I hated the theme but I could overlook it if the game played good. Kind of like Iron Maiden, I love the game play but the music not so much.

#133 4 years ago

I have not read the full thread but it seems like a travesty not to have a poll...Also I nominate this pin I am selling...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86589

#134 4 years ago
    index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
    #135 4 years ago

I gotta vote WOZ...

Great game, first JJP game (which is an outstanding achievement), and it absolutely was a seismic shift in the hobby. Without JJP we'd have no Spooky, CG, American, Dutch, etc... and Stern would still be making NBA style games. LCDs, RGBs, mechanical action, etc all start with WOZ... It was a turning point for the hobby - led to more people in hobby, more and bigger shows, tournaments exploding, Barcades, etc...

WOZ is a great game and would stand on it's own, but you add in all the influence that game had from the day it was revealed still to today - it has to be the winner by a longshot.

My 2 cents.

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I have not read the full thread but it seems like a travesty not to have a poll...Also I nominate this pin I am selling...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86589

I’ll add a poll just trying to get a list together.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I have not read the full thread but it seems like a travesty not to have a poll...

Quoted from rai:

I’ll add a poll just trying to get a list together.

Having a poll is often a travesty.

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Having a poll is often a travesty.

In politics yes in Pinball it should be required for every new thread...

#139 4 years ago

Tough one thinking how it's been one of the worst decades ever in the history of pinball with hardly any I'd own let alone want to play again. I guess I'll go with TNA.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Tough one thinking how it's been one of the worst decades ever in the history of pinball with hardly any I'd own let alone want to play again. I guess I'll go with TNA.

LOL!
    Ok, what was your favorite 2000-2009?

#141 4 years ago

Struggling with the love of WoZ, it’s ok but nothing amazing. Iron maiden whilst I love it it’s lack of toys is too big a gap.

Walking dead
    Deadpool
    Star Trek

With TNA on the bubble.

Don’t think you should include alien and TBL given they were made with stolen money. Stern have been the wind in the sail of pinball with some epic games (and only a couple of howlers like Munsters and wwe) but overall they have nailed it.

Also think CGC should get a mention as they have done an amazing job on the remakes my most reliable games and a lot of fun.

I have dialed in and it’s been a terrible ownership experience, it take a miracle for me to consider another JJP game.

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

LOL!

I think you need to try 1900-1909 for Odin.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

LOL!

It wasn't a whole lot better.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Struggling with the love of WoZ, it’s ok but nothing amazing. Iron maiden whilst I love it it’s lack of toys is too big a gap.
    Walking dead
    Deadpool
    Star Trek
    With TNA on the bubble.
    Don’t think you should include alien and TBL given they were made with stolen money. Stern have been the wind in the sail of pinball with some epic games (and only a couple of howlers like Munsters and wwe) but overall they have nailed it.
    Also think CGC should get a mention as they have done an amazing job on the remakes my most reliable games and a lot of fun.
    I have dialed in and it’s been a terrible ownership experience, it take a miracle for me to consider another JJP game.

Walking dead
    Deadpool
    Star Trek

these for sure have to be considered in the top 5. MET and I am still sticking with DI as my #1. Stinks you had a bad experience.

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think you need to try 1900-1909 for Odin.

LOL. I know that has been the trend over the last few years and are very popular, but it's themes from that era that I am trying to avoid.

#146 4 years ago

My top 3 has to be:
    + DP PREM
    + WOZ
    + IMDN

In the end, I’m going to have to go Deadpool Premium. With WOZ a very very close 2nd and IMDN a very close 3rd.

While the rules on Deadpool still need to be fleshed out and polished, it’s my favorite game I’ve owned this decade. It has everything; fantastic art package, unique and rewarding shots, solid code, metal ramps, fun gimmicks, great light show, addictive gameplay, both humorous + serious aspects that really capture pinball, and lastly the amazing sound package all around with variety of call outs, music, and sound effects. (*high pitched falsesetto singing voice* “aahhaahhhhh suuupper jackpottt” heh). I think DP’s biggest negative, and yet, one of its funnest qualities, is Gameplay varies tremendously from game to game adding lots of randomness. I like to think of this game as precision flow.

My problem with WOZ not getting my #1 vote is theme and quality control.

IMDN: another amazing all around game (and I love the theme and integration of the theme) but I still prefer DP over it.

Honorable mention to JJPOTC. Love that game, but in the end, it felt like pushing a car through mud.

#147 4 years ago

Met, ST, IM. Order depends on my mood.

#148 4 years ago

I am going to try to list the pins that were made this decade and then I'll add a poll. I may forget some small batch pins so you can remind me if them. I am not sure if I should include all the Stern home pin so I am just going to list as Home Pin (I believe there was SW, SM, Avengers, not sure if also Transformers). A am not going to list separate versions (except one instance which will be SM Vault which is not an exact remake.)

Just remind me if I missed any and I'll add to this lists so far 48 that could be production games and another 8+ that are small batch and 4-6 home pins. So somethink like 60+ pins this decade.

small batch:
    Nemo
    Wrath of Olympus
    Magic Girl
    Supreme
    The Big Lebowski
    Mafia
    Thunderbirds
    P3 Lexy Lightspeed etc..

Stern (33)
    BBH
    Iron Man
    Rolling Stones
    Tron
    Transformers
    Ac/Dc
    X-Men
    Avengers
    Metallica
    Star Trek
    Mustang
    The Walking Dead
    WrestleMania
    Kiss
    Game of Thrones
    Whoa Nellie!
    Spider-Man Vault
    Ghostbusters
    Pabst Can Crusher
    Batman 66
    Aerosmith
    Star Wars
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Deadpool
    Iron Maiden
    The Beatles
    Primus
    The Munsters
    Black Knight: Sword of Rage
    Jurassic Park
    Elvira House of Horrors
    Stranger Things

Stern Home (6)
    Transformers
    Avengers
    Star Wars
    Spider Man
    Iron Man Costco edition
    The Dark Costco edition

Spooky (4)
    America's Most Haunted
    Rob Zombie
    TNA
    Alice Cooper

JJP (5)
    Woz
    The Hobbit
    PotC
    Dialed In!
    Willy Wonka

CGC (3)
    MMR
    AFMR
    MBR

AP (2)
    Houdini
    Octoberfest

Heighway (2)
    Full Throttle
    Alien

#149 4 years ago

Hadn't really thought about it, but that's pretty impressive for something that was nearly dead a decade ago.

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

that's pretty impressive for something that was nearly dead a decade ago.

A decade ago the economy was almost dead too.

What's really impressive is how much money there has been to burn since it started coming back. Enjoy it while you can.

There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-of-the-decade-2010-2019/page/3?hl=pinballrockdude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.