(Topic ID: 214358)

Best Pinball Machines under $2,000 - VOTE HERE!

By pin2d

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shrug GIF-source.gif
    #2 6 years ago

Bump for the afternoon crowd

#4 6 years ago

Unfortunately with lots of new guys in the hobby like me, there aren’t too many pins available under $2000 anymore. Some earlier non dmd games are the only things selling under $2000 in my area

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Unfortunately with lots of new guys in the hobby like me, there aren’t too many pins available under $2000 anymore. Some earlier non dmd games are the only things selling under $2000 in my area

Nothing wrong with non-DMD.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Early SS is where it's at! Plenty of games under 2K in this era!

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I like a lot of 80s and 90s pins. Too bad most people miss out on them because they don’t have a dmd or 3 ramps

#9 6 years ago

So far we’ve got 64 different machines picked

#10 6 years ago

I wasn't aware any pins were still under 2k.. :'(

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

So far we’ve got 64 different machines picked

Haha. Should’ve narrowed the choices a bit.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Should’ve narrowed the choices a bit.

It wouldn't be a true top 10 if some machines were ineligible!

Some machines are rising to the top now...

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

It wouldn't be a true top 10 if some machines were ineligible!
    Some machines are rising to the top now...

Okay that makes sense. Interested to see how this shakes out.

#14 6 years ago

Pins that 5 years ago that were 1200 bucks are now listed on the facebooks for $2400. Shaq attack for 2250. This list, as you've seen, is non existent right now.

#15 6 years ago

It is crazy to look back at when I started in the hobby 12ish years ago and what $2000 or less would buy you. Heck, I bought a nice ST:TNG for $2k back then, and that was probably a bit high. Now it's hard to even come up with semi-modern machines in that range. It would be pretty rare to find any Stern or B/W DMDs for that anymore...or even most of the Sys11s, Data East or Sega machines. Probably the Gottlieb stuff is easiest to still find in DMDs under $2k, and even the better ones of those are probably creeping above. Crazy...wish I could have bought more in those early days in the hobby!

I voted Stargate by the way...that was the best one I could think of that should still be realistic (maybe?) to find under $2k. My old standby responses of Judge Dredd, Demo Man, and Jurassic Park seem to have now moved past that price range.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Pins that 5 years ago that were 1200 bucks are now listed on the facebooks for $2400. Shaq attack for 2250. This list, as you've seen, is non existent right now.

Absolutely TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I voted Stargate by the way...that was the best one I could think of that should still be realistic (maybe?)

No way.

Some other system 3, but definitely not stargate.

Hey Jeff, will you be throwing out games that are clearly out of the 2k range?

#18 6 years ago

This is why I think some people like myself are considering buying NIB. I never would have considered this before. But prices on many modern machines are just too insane.

As far as modern DMD pins, unless you find a good deal (rare these days), for under $2000.00, you will have to buy a pigged out wreck and then spend a ton of money and many hours of work and frustration to bring it back assuming you can get the parts. Then you can have a machine that you will be lucky to break even on when you go to sell it. My Sharkey's Shootout is an example of this.
    If you like working on pins (which I do) and don't mind not turning a profit, then you're golden! If not, you may have problems.
    Oh the pain!@#*

#19 6 years ago

I think you have to go classic Bally or Stern here. I'd say Paragon, Flash Gordon, EBD LE, or Big Game. Some think you can find a Skateball for this price but I don't know if that is very likely anymore. The only DMD's that might make the cut for me are a players/project JackBot or a similar condition LW3.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I think you have to go classic Bally or Stern here. I'd say Paragon, Flash Gordon, EBD LE, or Big Game. Some think you can find a Skateball for this price but I don't know if that is very likely anymore. The only DMD's that might make the cut for me are a players/project JackBot or a similar condition LW3.

There is a Skateball near me 2k I believe. Never played one.

I think Taxi is a fair game at or around this price.

LW3 keeps climbing.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good question. Right now Baywatch and World Cup Soccer are both getting votes, and you'd have to get super lucky to find a working one of those for under 2k.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

There is a Skateball near me 2k I believe. Never played one.
    I think Taxi is a fair game at or around this price.
    LW3 keeps climbing.

Skateball is a hot title now. It's such a fun game. Most people won't part with them. You should check it out .

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Good question. Right now Baywatch and World Cup Soccer are both getting votes, and you'd have to get super lucky to find a working one of those for under 2k.

Yeah I would say pretty much any dmd would need to be reviewed before allowing votes to count for those. Not many left in that range.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

show me one baywatch and/or world cup for 2k??? ain't happening. more like 2800-3k

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

show me one baywatch and/or world cup for 2k??? ain't happening. more like 2800-3k

Ya that is why you'd have to get super lucky. But I am guessing a few Baywatch machines have sold for $2k in the last year on Facebook or Craigslist.

#28 6 years ago

This should only include games you can get regularly for 2,000 or under. Don’t count get lucky priced games. World Cup and Baywatch are both 2,200 min games.
    Skate ball is an awesome game!

#29 6 years ago

There are some highly ranked early SS that have really good play. The sound of the chime box is pretty cool too. I have a Stars & may never sell it. I never get sick of it.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Skateball is a hot title now. It's such a fun game. Most people won't part with them. You should check it out .

Ugh, I misread, it's Rollergames, not Skateball.

#31 6 years ago

Under 2K... I’d say Harlem is right up there with one of the best for under 2K. Meteor is a lot of fun too. You could maybe find a Tee’d Off or Waterworld for 2K. I sold a nice High Speed for 1600 a few months ago.

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Under 2K... I’d say Harlem is right up there with one of the best for under 2K. Meteor is a lot of fun too. You could maybe find a Tee’d Off or Waterworld for 2K. I sold a nice High Speed for 1600 a few months ago.

I would like to find a Waterworld, period. That is within driving distance.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jenniebear:

This should only include games you can get regularly for 2,000 or under.

Agree. May make a “for just a few hundred more” section too for the ones getting votes that used to be regularly under 2k

#34 6 years ago

My vote went for LAH, picked up a nice one for under 2K last year.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I'm letting my skateball pin go to a fellow pinsider for under 2k. But that was based on several factors, such as condition, pickup, my purchase price, and trying to give a decent deal to a fellow Canadian pinsider.

Just curious, does the tmnt pin fall under 2k usually? its an early dmd game, with a great theme but mediocre rated play.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

You did? that's an awesome pin to pick up for under 2k. Congrats on the find.

#38 6 years ago

Machines I've bought in the last 2 years for under $2000 that are great bang-for-the-buck are X Files and Black Knight 2000.

X Files is probably getting difficult to find at that price, so I voted BK2000.

#39 6 years ago

Single data point: I picked up a good condition Skateball for $1.2k a week ago

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from fnord:

Single data point: I picked up a good condition Skateball for $1.2k a week ago

I guess I was wrong and you can still find Skateball under 2K, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is the next classic Bally to shoot up in price.

#41 6 years ago

Here's a best of 27 approach from 2015 at the <$2500 price point. Final round of voting was rather popular with 430+ votes.
    -mof

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-2500-90s-dmds-round-4

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

There was a clean Baywatch that went for $1,000 in Alabama last year. I'll admit that's more of an exception than the rule, but they're out there.

#43 6 years ago

Voting is very close for these, and here is the list of ones that are close to or in the top 10:

Vote here! https://goo.gl/forms/GoAdVgPyDxeOeghJ2

Big Game
    Black Knight
    Cyclone
    Eight Ball Deluxe
    F-14
    Firepower
    Flash Gordon
    Genesis
    Gladiators
    Hard Body
    High Speed
    Joker Poker
    Last Action Hero
    Lethal Weapon 3
    Maverick
    Meteor
    Pinbot
    Skateball
    Space Shuttle
    Stars
    Starship Troopers
    Taxi

Here are the ones I'm leaning towards putting in the "for just a couple hundred more" as they don't "normally" go for under $2k:
    Baywatch
    BK2000
    Demo Man
    Judge Dredd
    Stargate
    Swords of Fury
    T2
    Whirlwind
    World Cup Soccer

#44 6 years ago

Let's go Hardbody.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I would of voted for LAH as I just got a nice one and love it but I paid $2100 so I went with f14.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

You did? that's an awesome pin to pick up for under 2k. Congrats on the find.

Quoted from Puffdanny:

I would of voted for LAH as I just got a nice one and love it but I paid $2100 so I went with f14.

Despite the 'lack of love' for some DE games on Pinside, LAH really is a fun pin for the money.

#47 6 years ago

Really thought Big Hurt would be running away with this

Shrug GIF-source.gifShrug GIF-source.gif

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way.
    Some other system 3, but definitely not stargate.

I got my Stargate a couple years ago for $1800... Have prices really changed that much in that time?

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I got my Stargate a couple years ago for $1800... Have prices really changed that much in that time?

Oh hell yes. I got a LW3 two years ago for 1400. Guess what I sold it for a month ago? Haha

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-machines-under-2000-vote-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.