(Topic ID: 89536)

Best pinball machines never made OR the 'dream theme' thread.

By JSmith

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 79 days ago by tylery85
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

89985A06-DB0F-4E63-985B-06F4D1DF0AAB (resized).jpeg
    dchiz31-46b11a9e-7974-47b4-bf61-185d4b79cb8f (resized).jpg
    20191216_213158 (resized).jpg
    freedom-galaxy-ah.jpg
    timebandits.jpg
    dune_cover.jpg
    image-994.jpg
    tenaciousd.jpg
    untitled.png
    king of pop.jpg
    UP.jpg
    5455554.png
    dolemite_poster_01.jpg
    Gonzo_Fist_by_jonl521.jpg
    image-659.jpg
    fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas.jpg
    There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 9 years ago

Mortal Kombat is still a dream theme for me, even though I haven't kept up with later versions of the game. The art and sound would be killer if done right!

#102 9 years ago

Dream pin : despicable me ( I'm making one out a cyclone )
    Music : the Beatles
    Horror : resident evil
    Action : fast and furious
    Sci-fi: aliens vs predators
    Tv show : the walking dead
    Comics : justice league of america ( superman, batman, wonder woman , green lantern , aquaman, flash,hawkman,and more )
    That would be awesome !!!!

image-659.jpgimage-659.jpg
    #103 9 years ago

Blade Runner......

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from gooterman:

You'd have to buy the shooter rod from the XXX shop

No, they don't "sell" the shooter rod for the Ron Jeremy game... It is a bar pin. You uhhhh... have to provide your own....

Yeah, I cannot unsee it either... But it is pretty funny.

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

Dream pin : despicable me ( I'm making one out a cyclone )Music : the BeatlesHorror : resident evilAction : fast and furiousSci-fi: aliens vs predatorsTv show : the walking deadComics : justice league of america ( superman, batman, wonder woman , green lantern , aquaman, flash,hawkman,and more )That would be awesome !!!!

image-659.jpg 44 KB

Great list! Everybody else has excellent ideas and it'd take me too long to quote. The Ron Jeremy ideas are hilarious! I know Python Anghelo had a Zingy Bingy idea, maybe there are some drafts to make it a reality.

FYI, John Trudeau wanted BADLY to make a Beatles pin, but WMS wouldn't let him!! What a shame, I'm sure he'd knock it out of the park. Listen to the interview on TOPcast for the details.

#106 9 years ago

Heavy Metal.

1 week later
    #107 9 years ago

Manos - Hand of Fate

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

All great ideas!
    Since this is a "dream" pin.

Art by Ralph Steadman of course. Ether mode. Collect 2 bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, 5 sheets of high powered blotter acid etc...

fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas.j... 166 KB

Mine would be a Gonzo pin that includes F&L LV, F&L Campaign Trail, The Rum Diary , Hells Angels, and Kentucky Derby modes. I have actually drawn the sketch with ideas. Art by Steadman is a must. I would also incorporate Hunter S. Thompson for Sheriff on the pin somewhere. Gonzo logo in center of playfield.

Gonzo_Fist_by_jonl521.jpgGonzo_Fist_by_jonl521.jpg

#dream

#109 9 years ago

1. Fifth Element (re-themed SG is fine)
    2. Bladerunner (re-themed Shadow is fine)
    3. Battlestar Galactica (re-themed STTNG with new toys is fine)
    4. Starcraft (New Stern please!)

#110 9 years ago

Legends of the Hidden Temple with temple games and a rudy-type Almec head in the back middle. Temple gaurds would pop out and capture the ball/ divert it. There could be a an IJ styled mini playfield or underneath playfield. I would LOVE a table with this theme but its far too late pop culture wise for one to exist.

#111 9 years ago

Inception: it's a pinball game inside a pinball game inside a pinball game all taking place at the same time.

1 month later
    #112 9 years ago

DOLEMITE SUCKA!

dolemite_poster_01.jpgdolemite_poster_01.jpg

#113 9 years ago

Archie Bunker
    5455554.png5455554.png

#114 9 years ago

1. LED ZEPPELIN. This is a no brainer! And you know what you call it "Led Zep Pin." Robert Plant loves pinball and Jimmy Page plays too!
    2. Three Stooges. If it doesn't have the original Curly image and voice then don't even bother making it!
    3. The EAGLES. There's a reason they are still touring. "There's a new Pin in town."
    4. Michael Jackson. The King of POP can be the King of PIN!
    5. Pink Floyd Pinball. The title says it all!
    6. Cheech & Chong. Shoot the ball in the Bong!
    7. KISS. If ever a theme to be remade. Make a "Limited X Edition" with a lot of T & A. Talk about a machine that would sell! I don't think Gene or band would object either!
    8. DEVO. Ok we know we aren't ever going to see this machine made but had to list it. That group loves pinball and even sing about it. Tilt that Pin! Whip it good!

#115 9 years ago

Since I've cooled greatly on the pre-pay take my money before I see the product hysteria, to answer this question (again), I asked myself if there was a theme for which I'd ever go down that road again. To betray to the thread just how big a fucking nerd I am, I think there is:

Mass Effect

I don't think I could resist a Mass Effect pin that came in at about $6.5k or under. I used to think a Madness remake and/or Lebowski were unavoidable buys for me, but then they happened and their prices were prohibitive (plus, the shine's worn off Madness for me). Mass Effect though? I think I'd put money down right now if anyone half respectable proved they had the license. I'm just powerless against the N7 brand and the playfield art and cabinet would have the potential to be world class.

Other themes that I'd love to see:

Blues Brothers
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Blazing Saddles
    Firefly
    MLS (more fevered than a pipe dream, but would settle for any new soccer pin)
    Olympics (even though I actually pretty much detest the actual event, would be a cool theme with lots of mode opportunities)
    Wilderness Survival (gritty playfield, with lots of greens, browns, grays, some blood splatters, torn clothes, etc... would be nice to have an outdoor themed game that didn't suck)
    Tomb Raider
    Pitch Black (cool lighting effects, perhaps piggybacked on lessons learned by SkitB)
    King Arthur

#116 9 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Big Trouble in Little China

It would be a homerun.

Quoted from dgpinball:

Mortal Kombat is still a dream theme for me,

I think that could be great too.

#117 9 years ago

UP.jpgUP.jpg

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from Led-Zep-Pin:

4. Michael Jackson. The King of POP can be the King of PIN!

king of pop.jpgking of pop.jpg

#119 9 years ago

Hanson brothers pinball. LOL

No, NOT the group. See Slap Shot.

#120 9 years ago

The REAL king of pop!

untitled.pnguntitled.png

#121 9 years ago

There have been some great suggestions in here. I agree with many of them, in particular;

Ghostbusters - how is this not a theme already?
    The Dukes Of Hazzard - based off the television series
    Blues Brothers - the sound and music would be fantastic on this one.

Some others I'd like to see that haven't been mentioned;

The Amazing Race
    Cars (Disney Pixar)
    M*A*S*H
    Marvel Villains - This would be an all villain themed pin where the player is the hero.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fifty:

Marvel Villains - This would be an all villain themed pin where the player is the hero.

I'm not into comics, but that's an interesting idea.

#123 9 years ago

So much potential...

tenaciousd.jpgtenaciousd.jpg

#125 9 years ago

Iron Maiden
    Cheech and Chong
    Kiss
    Scary Creepy Zombie Theme

#126 9 years ago

GORGAR: RESURRECTION

Gorgar hurt you and hurt evil world! He'd bring the Four Horsemen and have a HELL of a party for earth to enjoy!

Here is my crummy, half-assed playfield art attempt.

image-994.jpgimage-994.jpg

#127 9 years ago

Ramones!!! (RIP Tommy)

The Last of Us

Bioshock

Archer

#128 9 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Or any Mel Brooks film really ..

It's hard to believe that Blazing Saddles is 40 years old now.
    A modern Mel Brooks Pin would be so cool... So many funny movies and quotes to choose from.

Young Frankenstein
    History of the World part 1
    The Producers

But it would never sell. Young folks just wouldn't get it. Same for Monty Python.

"I don't like Spam"
    "Run away"
    “Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Know what I mean?”

#129 9 years ago

Bumper WoZ's.

too soon?

#130 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jumping-Box:

Young Frankenstein

Great movie, I'd be down for this one.

#131 9 years ago

Dune
    Infinity Gauntlet (This one might still happen, who knows.....I would die a happy pinballer if Marvel makes the movie and it gets a pin.)

#132 9 years ago

OOOoooo, nice one on Dune. That'd be awesome. LOTS of options there. Book or movie? (As a heretic to all concerned, I love them both.)

#133 9 years ago

For me it would be The Dukes of Hazzard, E.T. And The Goonies

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

OOOoooo, nice one on Dune. That'd be awesome. LOTS of options there. Book or movie? (As a heretic to all concerned, I love them both.)

I'd say movie, just because I'd want to use the callouts.

Milk the Cat mode, come on! LOL

#135 9 years ago

If it had a real plunger you could wire it so when you pulled back it could start "Muaaaaaaaaa", and then when you let it go for hitting a skill shot or whatever it'd shout, "d'DIB!" Hahaha. I would nerd the fuck out.

#136 9 years ago

The Warriors!!!
    "Warriors, come out to play-eay"

#137 9 years ago

Imprinting multiball?

#138 9 years ago

Another vote for Dune. Neither the book or the movie... Avalon Hill's Board Game!!
    dune_cover.jpgdune_cover.jpg

#139 9 years ago

Time Bandits!!

timebandits.jpgtimebandits.jpg

#140 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Another vote for Dune. Neither the book or the movie... Avalon Hill's Board Game!!
    dune_cover.jpg 22 KB

Oh good God, JLM. Please. You don't mean to tell me, among other similarities, you actually know of and/or play nerdy boardgames, LET ALONE, old Avalon Hill classics like Dune!?

EDIT: But an Avalon Hill Dune pinball game would have to have someway of immediately ending your game no matter how many balls you had left in order to simulate some asshole leaving the back door to Arakeen wide open and not realizing turn order meant the Guild could just drop one token into it to win the game.

#141 9 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Oh good God, JLM. Please. You don't mean to tell me, among other similarities, you actually know of and/or play nerdy boardgames, LET ALONE, old Avalon Hill classics like Dune!?

I do. Love playing the Fremen. Dune is one of my favorites. Trouble is, among the few Nerd friends I have still playing Boardgames, they now prefer other games. You play Dune on a standalone or did you try the extensions (Duel = meh, Spice Harvest = why not?)

But my ultimate Boardgame is "Freedom in the Galaxy" a Rebel-vs-Imperial stellar war game (i.e., Star Wars without the licence). Typical game length: probably 100+ hours. Never finished a game, but it was obvious after 50 hours who would win...always the emperor.

Boardgames aside, Dune would make a good theme.

#142 9 years ago

Added an image... and a link (*)
    http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1717/freedom-galaxy

freedom-galaxy-ah.jpgfreedom-galaxy-ah.jpg

Post edited by jlm33: (*) Note: the 120 minutes duration listed here is a joke. Must refer to the beginner's scenario on a single stellar system

#143 9 years ago

MacGyver. The possibilities could be endless. It would definitely have to have a Swiss Army knife, and a roll of duct tape on it. There could be modes where shots would have to be made to defuse bombs, or items would have to be collected to escape certain doom. The artwork could be of any place, or any item or person and it would fit in. The call outs could be from him narrating what he is doing, and why scientifically it is possible, even though producers left out a key element so that people could not try those things at home. I could hear it now after banging away on a center target, " Impact causes temporary structural allignment in iron. I've just made myself a magnet!"

#144 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

I do. Love playing the Fremen. Dune is one of my favorites. Trouble is, among the few Nerd friends I have still playing Boardgames, they now prefer other games. You play Dune on a standalone or did you try the extensions (Duel = meh, Spice Harvest = why not?)
    But my ultimate Boardgame is "Freedom in the Galaxy" a Rebel-vs-Imperial stellar war game (i.e., Star Wars without the licence). Typical game length: probably 100+ hours. Never finished a game, but it was obvious after 50 hours who would win...always the emperor.
    Boardgames aside, Dune would make a good theme.

Get. The. Fuck. OUT! I have TWO copies of Freedom in the Galaxy, the original and the Avalon Hill one after SPI wet tits up. Hahaha. That is just too weird. Ly Mantok for the win.

And yes, at one time I had both expansions to Dune (they have since disappeared) and did not hate them nearly as much as all the elite nerds said I was supposed to.

You play FFG's new edition, "Rex"? I haven't.

5 years later
    #145 4 years ago

I forget that I had mentioned Wonka about 5 years ago on the first page of this thread.
    It actually came true!
    20191216_213158 (resized).jpg20191216_213158 (resized).jpg

#146 4 years ago

JJP (not Stern!) Three Stooges, showing clips from both Curley and Shemp. The only problem would be figuring out how to cut all of the possible content down so it would fit in just one pinball machine!

#147 4 years ago

I agree. Three Stooges would be pretty awesome!

2 weeks later
    #148 4 years ago

Who framed roger rabbit could be awesome.

dchiz31-46b11a9e-7974-47b4-bf61-185d4b79cb8f (resized).jpgdchiz31-46b11a9e-7974-47b4-bf61-185d4b79cb8f (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #149 2 years ago

This is a machine I’m going to design in vpx that will never be produced. I can’t Figure out a layout. But everyone. This is the theme

89985A06-DB0F-4E63-985B-06F4D1DF0AAB (resized).jpeg89985A06-DB0F-4E63-985B-06F4D1DF0AAB (resized).jpeg
    4 months later
    #150 2 years ago

Trailer park boys. Liquor and whores!

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-machines-never-made-or-the-dream-theme-thread/page/3?hl=gamemodder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.