(Topic ID: 89536)

Best pinball machines never made OR the 'dream theme' thread.

By JSmith

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 73 days ago by tylery85
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

89985A06-DB0F-4E63-985B-06F4D1DF0AAB (resized).jpeg
    dchiz31-46b11a9e-7974-47b4-bf61-185d4b79cb8f (resized).jpg
    20191216_213158 (resized).jpg
    freedom-galaxy-ah.jpg
    timebandits.jpg
    dune_cover.jpg
    image-994.jpg
    tenaciousd.jpg
    untitled.png
    king of pop.jpg
    UP.jpg
    5455554.png
    dolemite_poster_01.jpg
    Gonzo_Fist_by_jonl521.jpg
    image-659.jpg
    fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas.jpg
    There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 9 years ago

Bladerunner

#52 9 years ago

wicker man.jpgwicker man.jpg

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Icp-backglass.jpg 152 KB

^ I'm guessing no magnets in this one.

My dream theme would be Spinal Tap.
    Tiny Stonehenge bash toy
    11 ball multiball
    None More Black wizard mode

#54 9 years ago

Aliens is my dream theme. Chestburster drop targets (a la MM trolls) would kick a**.

#55 9 years ago

Bill & Ted's Excellent Pinball Adventure

The call outs would be great and the phone booth would be a really cool toy.

#56 9 years ago

if its another rock-metal band theme I'd like to see EXODUS

or maybe dethklok that isnt a warmed over zizzle fer giggles.
    PEN, Idiocracy would be a great one, the big bang theory might make for a crazy machine.
    jakenjoi.. yeah to futurama, purple Lela ball, orange Fry, blue Zoidberg, black Nibbler etc.
    a hellraiser pin might be a fun creation too.

#57 9 years ago

dukes of hazard...the tv show not the train wreck of a movie

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from Elevatorman:

I think the original Willy Wonka could probably be made into an interesting pin and some awesome colors too!

I came here to say the same thing. Would look great with leds and a lcd.

#60 9 years ago

Since I've been collecting pins in 2001 two of my dream themes have been made: ACDC and WPT. To top that off both were made by my favorite designer.

I'd like to see a Three Stooges machine or Monty Python. Also a reboot of South Park would be nice. I love Pink Floyd and Led Zep, but I am not sure music other than hard driving rock n roll is a good theme for a pin.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Since I've been collecting pins in 2001 two of my dream themes have been made: ACDC and WPT. To top that off both were made by my favorite designer.
    I'd like to see a Three Stooges machine or Monty Python. Also a reboot of South Park would be nice. I love Pink Floyd and Led Zep, but I am not sure music other than hard driving rock n roll is a good theme for a pin.

OK, that's pretty cool RE: AC/DC and WPT. Good for you! I can definitely understand how satisfying that would be.

Just for me, as I know there are many fans, but the current SP machine is a fairly close match for my feelings about the show... the other themes you mentioned are all tremendously appealing to me though. I glance over, and you're located in the town where I was born! Cue the TZ music...

My license plate that currently reads BALLYWMS used to read FLOYDZEP for many years. I was the lead singer in a Zep tribute band for 15 years or so off and on, and I've collected truly countless hours of bootlegs from both bands. Sad to say, the bar is simply too high for me for a Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin pinball machine.

I'm afraid that to even begin to have a chance to not disappoint me, it would take a Keefer-level superfan as head brainiac and a time machine to build it at WMS at the height of big-budget awesomeness. I hate to say it, but in some ways I'm glad some things have NOT been done if they were ultimately going to be "an admirable effort but..." It's much more fun to imagine how cool that theme might be than the reality of something like Austin Powers.

Difference is that Austin Powers was just a brief, minor movie franchise. If the PF or LZ machines were bad enough it would turn into something that I should at least mildly appreciate into something that actually causes me to facepalm when people bring it up in casual conversation. I know there are MANY people for whom the same would be true for the Stooges or Python, and I would certainly be able to relate to that--have loved MP for decades and watched the Stooges with my older brothers from earliest memory.

Music would have to be chosen carefully, but by and large I agree with you that a lot of PF and LZ music really does not lend itself well to pinball--AC/DC and Metallica are a much better match IMHO.

Just $.02. Fun thread!

#62 9 years ago

No Evil Dead yet?

#63 9 years ago

The+human+centipede_784e12_4632557.jpgThe+human+centipede_784e12_4632557.jpg

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

Bill & Ted's Excellent Pinball Adventure
    The call outs would be great and the phone booth would be a really cool toy.

Most triumphant!

#65 9 years ago

I'm surprised no one has said Archer yet.

#66 9 years ago

Bump for Maiden. Sons of Anarchy! There needs to be a bad ass biker pin. Sorry, Harley Davidson isn't doing it for me...or looks like anyone else for that matter.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'm surprised no one has said Archer yet.

Can we say "Danger Zone" multi-ball?

#68 9 years ago

Disney World,
    The Haunted Manson,
    Toy Story
    Lego

#69 9 years ago

I saw someone write up their idea for a proposed Ren & Stimpy machine. The only part of their design that I remember was that Happy Happy Joy Joy would play continuously during multiball.

#70 9 years ago

Art history. Different modes for different periods with appropriate music. I know they'd sell...one!

#71 9 years ago

I know it's technically been done... A couple times even, however...

I'd like to see an Original Trilogy Star Wars game get JJP treatment, in the vein of early to mid nineties Bally Williams.

#72 9 years ago

Futurama.
    Army of Darkness
    New South Park (all best episodes have been after original pin)

#73 9 years ago

A tiki themed one would be cool....with a big volcano that shoots the ball out of..haha

#74 9 years ago

Harry Potter would make for the ultimate pinball theme. Of course it will never be made, but that won't stop me from suggesting it again.

#75 9 years ago

Toy Story or Die Hard

#76 9 years ago

Swamp People.
    Choot it!

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

Toy Story or Die Hard

... or a fusion of both!

#78 9 years ago

Ghostbusters.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Idiocracy
    The callouts would be amazing! Idiocracy would be one of the funniest pins ever made.

If you have not seen this movie, you must.
    Best movie I ever paid $1 for.

Go away bating.jpeg 10 KB

"Not now! Batin'!"

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

"Not now! Batin'!"

"Go away! Batin!"

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Harry Potter would make for the ultimate pinball theme. Of course it will never be made, but that won't stop me from suggesting it again.

I love this idea

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

1.) NHL 2.) Castelvania 3.) Ninga Gaiden 4.) Monsters of Rock, pinball the bands from the tour back in the day.

I went to Monsters of Rock in 1987 at RFK stadium in Wash DC. Van Hagar, Metallica, Scorpians, Dokken, Kingdom Come. The best part of the concert was the Free-for-all "Trashfight" in between acts...That would have to be a multi-ball mode...

#83 9 years ago

Lots of good ideas here! My top pics are:
    Aliens
    Army of Darkness
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    Idiocracy "My first wife was tarded. She's a pilot now." Love that movie!

#84 9 years ago

Blazing_saddles_movie_poster[1].jpgBlazing_saddles_movie_poster[1].jpg

Or any Mel Brooks film really ..

#85 9 years ago

shh.jpgshh.jpg

#86 9 years ago

1) Harry Potter
    2) Legos (center toy could be a spinning platform where you could put your own Lego creation....risk of getting some really irritating music tho)
    3) Firefly

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Icp-backglass.jpg 152 KB

*Insert joke regarding playfield magnets here*

#88 9 years ago

Monty Python's Flying Circus
    I'm sure this idea is nothing new, and has probably been thoroughly hashed-out on the backs of countless napkins, but with today's technology (i.e. flat-panel backglass)---and with the correct person in charge of the project this game could/would be a masterpiece. Lately, the group seems to have merchandised everything ELSE ---I can't imagine the license would be too tricky.

#89 9 years ago

Anyone who was born in the 70's would probably get a kick out of seeing a real-life version of "Pinball Number Count" from Sesame Street. With today's LED monitor displays, it's possible to capture all the varied themes all the way up to 12.

myweekstreetsongs09.jpgmyweekstreetsongs09.jpg
    SesameStreetfeatPointerSisters-PinballNumberCountDJFoodedit2003VOB_tn.jpgSesameStreetfeatPointerSisters-PinballNumberCountDJFoodedit2003VOB_tn.jpg
    download.jpgdownload.jpg

#90 9 years ago

Action- Kill Bill Vol 1&2- mode pin based on snakes Copperhead Sidewinder ,California Mountain snake,Cottonmouth,and ending with Black Mamba vs Snake(Bill) Charmer.
    (Alternate choice would be Pulp Fiction )

Comedy- Blues Brothers-complete with Jake and Elwood dancing figurines

Music-Led Zeppelin-Figurines to include a Zeppelin and Bonham's drum set

Sci Fi- Blade Runner

Western- Once Upon A Time In The West- a masterpiece of the Spaghetti era.

#91 9 years ago

And how could I have overlooked this concept:

Gwar-Logo.jpgGwar-Logo.jpg
    gwar_promo.jpggwar_promo.jpg

In memory of Oderus.

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

Or any Mel Brooks film really ..

Would love a Spaceballs pin!!!

#93 9 years ago

LOL spaceballs-

I see a custom captured pf ball for that one

#94 9 years ago

Blues Brothers
    Blade Runner
    Pink Floyd
    Spinal Tap
    Evil Dead
    Monty Python's Flying Circus
    Mad Max (actually film remake on horizon, so there's still hope for this one...)
    Disney's Haunted Mansion
    Escape From New York/L.A.
    Rollerball (James Caan's film)
    Phantasm (using Orbitor-1 spinners...)
    The Exorcist

#95 9 years ago

Charlie sheen career pin.

Winning multiballlllll!

#96 9 years ago

I'll just copy my post from a month ago. Tits are nice though too.

My top five themes would be something like:

Time Travel thru different ages
    Search for Sasquatch/Yetis/Bigfeet
    Space travel/UFOs/Wormholes etc
    Haunted Cabin/House in the woods
    Hell with the devil and all his buddies

#97 9 years ago

Just realized I'd enjoy a Rocky Horror pin...

#98 9 years ago

A Judas Priest and an Ozzy/Randy Rhoads based machine.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from karmalord:

Action- Kill Bill Vol 1&2.

That would be kool. Or even a Pulp Fiction themed Tarantino pin.

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from karmalord:

Kill Bill Vol 1&2

All great ideas!

Since this is a "dream" pin.

fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas.jpgfear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas.jpg

Art by Ralph Steadman of course. Ether mode. Collect 2 bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, 5 sheets of high powered blotter acid etc...

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-machines-never-made-or-the-dream-theme-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.