10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by ASOA
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170905_190622-COLLAGE (resized).jpg

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 months ago

When I was a kid, I played the bajesus out of Whirlwind. Now that I'm an adult, I still play the bajesus out of Whirlwind. Those System 11 games, with their bright colors, easy to understand rules, and catchy music still draw a lot of attention.

#52 10 months ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

May sound odd being a less popular title but i found space jam was a huge hit with kids and people who didn't know much about pinball. It's the only game my girlfriend (who usually never plays) complains I sold. It's not deep at all for someone who plays a lot of pinball but it's simple ruleswise and has got some shots that are just fun to make for the casual player/kids in my opinion. For kids it also does a good job with the visuals/sound when you do make a shot so they understand what they've done and they also used to like the little video modes.

You had me at Space Jam! I didn't know they made a pin of that, I need it now! I love that movie no matter what anyone says!

As for games a kid would like, I just turned 21 and I just got into the hobby over 6 months ago so I'm learning a lot about these games, so as someone who was a kid not long ago and someone who plays pins now: Any game with simple rewarding gimmicks, anything with short but FUN ball times. I'm not very good at pinball at the time, and honestly I have trouble getting into the pins with "deep" rule-sets because I don't understand them. Thank god for YouTube and PAPA videos. I'd be worse off without them. If you explained it to them in as simple way to understand, maybe take the glass off and show the magic of it, they'd probably get behind it!
    I'd found that when I actually understand what the hell I'm doing, a pin becomes more than just "whack the ball" and I enjoy playing.

Most likely it is the combination of:
    Instant gratification needed to maintain attention span
    Fast ball times that make you feel like you're awesome even when you suck
    The younger the kid the less they actually understand these things because lets face it who cares about "Wizard Mode" and "Jackpots" when you could make a sweet fort out of the box!

#53 10 months ago

When my kids were young they had the choice of playing over 100 pins in my house. Seems like they were always playing the same three games. Black Knight 2000, Big Guns and Rack-A-Ball.

#54 10 months ago

Lots of pretty lights. Give them some eye candy or perhaps an interactive toy.

Examples:

Interactive toy
    AFMRLE ....TOPPER...
    HOBBIT .....DRAGON....
    GB Premium. ... Slimer / Hologram..

Eye Candy
    WOZ RR
    SWLE
    DILE

Let's treat the kids good they are the future you know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 269.00
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 68.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 21.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside