Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I am curious to know what your favorite pinball machines are for each decade?

70s
    80s
    90s
    00s
    10s

#2 5 years ago

top 100 under various has best pin by decade top 20

#3 5 years ago

70s Lucky Hand, Skyrocket, Paragon
    80s Quicksilver, Eightball Deluxe, Whirlwind
    90s Creature, Cirqus, Monster Bash
    00s TRON, Iron Man, 24
    10s Dialed In!, Metallica LE, TNA

#4 5 years ago

70s - I honestly don't have the opportunity to play this era as much as I'd like. My favorite feature of games of this era are drop targets, so I was immediately drawn to El Dorado, and it's many clones. I like the looks of Joker Poker, Royal Flush, and King Pin. Also they feel like a totally different era, but I'll also add Flash to my list. Iconic game and currently one of the best bang-for-your-bucks in pinball.

80s - So many amazing games. I'm looking at the list and it's honestly hard to pick: Atlantis, Centaur, Fathom, Flash Gordon, Quick Silver, Seawitch, Sorcerer, etc. are all amazing. You've got your System 11s including Taxi, Earthshaker, Whirlwind, High Speed, Swords of Fury Hardbody is near the bottom of the ratings list and is also an amazing game. In my collection it's outlasted games that others have rated in the top-50. It's very sad to me that so many players have collections filled with only games from the last 10 years. They are missing out IMHO.

To Be Continued...

#5 5 years ago

Only one I'm 100% on

1990s - TZ

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

70s - I honestly don't have the opportunity to play this era as much as I'd like. My favorite feature of games of this era are drop targets, so I was immediately drawn to El Dorado, and it's many clones. I like the looks of Joker Poker, Royal Flush, and King Pin. Also they feel like a totally different era, but I'll also add Flash to my list. Iconic game and currently one of the best bang-for-your-bucks in pinball.
    80s - So many amazing games. I'm looking at the list and it's honestly hard to pick: Atlantis, Centaur, Fathom, Flash Gordon, Quick Silver, Seawitch, Sorcerer, etc. are all amazing. You've got your System 11s including Taxi, Earthshaker, Whirlwind, High Speed, Swords of Fury Hardbody is near the bottom of the ratings list and is also an amazing game. In my collection it's outlasted games that others have rated in the top-50. It's very sad to me that so many players have collections filled with only games from the last 10 years. They are missing out IMHO.
    To Be Continued...

I have never played flash. It looks like i need to find one.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I have never played flash. It looks like i need to find one.

It's like a lower grade Fathom. There's a MB rom out now that makes it a little cooler

#8 5 years ago

If you wanted to show someone one machine that defined early SS pinball, I don't think you could do much better then Flash. I'm not saying it the best, but it's really representative of machines from that era. It was also mass produced, so price are still very reasonable.

#9 5 years ago

Honestly, can't really do this. Problem is that best pinball machines would be those I want to own. I want less atm, because trying to maintain a larger collection where you have projects is too much work. Most people I know with more than 5 start having issues that they rarely if ever get around to. Something is always broken.

#10 5 years ago

Joker Poker
    EBD (81)
    MM
    LOTR
    AC/DC Prem/LE

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I want less atm...

Less ass to mouth in 2017?! Can;t say I agree with you but I respect your decision.

#12 5 years ago

1990s: Attack from Mars, The Shadow, Twilight Zone, NBA Fastbreak
    2000s: Lord of the Rings, Simpsons Pinball Party
    2010s: JJPOTC LE, The Hobbit, Wizard of Oz and Star Wars

#13 5 years ago

90s - This is the era that first sparked my interest in pinball. Starting out you get the end of the System 11 machines with games like Whirlwind, Diner, Radical, Rollergames, etc. That same year you also had FunHouse. Then you get into the early DMDs. Very early on you had Addams Family, Fish Tales, Creature From the Black Lagoon, White Water, Dram Stoker's Dracula, Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, and Star Trek. The next batch included: World Cup Soccer, The Shadow, Theatre of Magic, and Indianapolis 500. Then came along the super popular WPC-95s: Congo, Attack from Mars, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Scared Stiff, Cirqus Voltaire, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, and Cactus Canyon. That's only Williams and Bally. Data East, Capcom, Sega, and Gottlieb also produced some games I enjoy. I will always have a spot or two for this era in my collection.

00s - Probably the worst decade for pinball. Stern kept it going though and produces some big hits like Lord of the Rings, Simpson's, and Spiderman.

10s - Pinball seemed to get it's groove back in the 2010s. Iron Man, AC/DC, Metallica, Star Trek, Iron Maiden, Wizard of Oz, Dialed In, and Total Nuclear Annihilation would be on my best of list.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

90s - This is the era that first sparked my interest in pinball. Starting out you get the end of the System 11 machines with games like Whirlwind, Diner, Radical, Rollergames, etc. That same year you also had FunHouse. Then you get into the early DMDs. Very early on you had Addams Family, Fish Tales, Creature From the Black Lagoon, White Water, Dram Stoker's Dracula, Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, and Star Trek. The next batch included: World Cup Soccer, The Shadow, Theatre of Magic, and Indianapolis 500. Then came along the super popular WPC-95s: Congo, Attack from Mars, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Scared Stiff, Cirqus Voltaire, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, and Cactus Canyon. That's only Williams and Bally. Data East, Capcom, Sega, and Gottlieb also produced some games I enjoy. I will always have a spot or two for this era in my collection.
    00s - Probably the worst decade for pinball. Stern kept it going though and produces some big hits like Lord of the Rings, Simpson's, and Spiderman.
    10s - Pinball seemed to get it's groove back in the 2010s. Iron Man, AC/DC, Metallica, Star Trek, Iron Maiden, Wizard of Oz, Dialed In, and Total Nuclear Annihilation would be on my best of list.

The 90s were great. It is very hard to pick...especially at the end of the 90s. There was a ridiculous run of pins from 97-99. I wish i could afford them...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-machines-by-decade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.