• 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by zlorya
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giozzzzv3.jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Just about any decent System 11 you can find... A tall order these days, but at $1,200 you could get lucky with a number of titles.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

" target="_blank">minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Bintzknocker here on Pinside. Good guy.

Looks good if only it was closer. With shipping it would kill it for the price.
But thanks for letting me know.

#53 8 years ago

The problem with saying this pin and that pin can be bought for any amount is... If you have 1200 in hand and want to buy a game tomorrow AND want it in you driving distance, your choices are going to be LIMITED.

So, the better approach is to list the entire list of games you can buy in you area and price range, and people here will tell you which one to buy.

If you don't like that idea, then go to a pinball show and play a bunch of games in that range to determine what you should buy.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The problem with saying this pin and that pin can be bought for any amount is... If you have 1200 in hand and want to buy a game tomorrow AND in you driving distance, you choices are going to be LIMITED.
So, the better approach is to list the entire list of games you can buy in you area and price range, and people here will tell you which one to buy.

Agreed. You don't find deals by looking for a specific pin. You might find it, but you're likely to pay more.

You find deals by ... finding deals. What the title is comes after that.

#55 8 years ago

Bally Dolly Parton

#56 8 years ago

Looked at the top 100 pins for the money list and can you still get FirePower for around 500$ I would snatch one of those up quick for that price. Anyone have one for sale in the North Texas area?

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Dude, find me a working one in that price range and I'll buy it.
Anyone have a flash Gordon for sale let me know.

orlando.craigslist.org link

#58 8 years ago

Someone needs to buy that Flash Gordon and change all the LEDs back to incandescent STAT!

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

orlando.craigslist.org link

Another nice one fully working in nice shape and only $1050. But again, it would have to be shipped. What really sucks is there are three FG's within driving distance from me and they all think they are setting on a gold mind.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The problem with saying this pin and that pin can be bought for any amount is... If you have 1200 in hand and want to buy a game tomorrow AND want it in you driving distance, your choices are going to be LIMITED.
If you don't like that idea, then go to a pinball show and play a bunch of games in that range to determine what you should buy.

Hidden in the cacophony of nonsense in this thread is this great post.

You could be searching for years for some of the titles mentioned in these posts and never find them. Show us what you can find locally that is in your price range.

#61 8 years ago

Finding good games period could be the issue. The last two I picked up were in the low end of this range. One was a mylared xenon and the other was a Seawitch. How many xenon's still have art on them lol and good luck finding a Seawitch.

#62 8 years ago

Everybody was wondering what was available in his area, so I did a quick search on CL. There seems to be many choices and this was just the first 100 entries under $1200. There were a bunch of EMs available too.

High Speed $1200 newjersey.craigslist.org link

Black Sheep Squadron $425 allentown.craigslist.org link

Tee'd Off $1200 allentown.craigslist.org link

Jungle Lord $800 newjersey.craigslist.org link

Space Invaders $1200 philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Bally Atlantis $1200 baltimore.craigslist.org link

SS Count Down $500 washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Mr. and Mrs. Pac-Man $600 washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Bobby Orr Slapshot $650 southjersey.craigslist.org link

James Bond 007 $500 washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Black Belt $1200 harrisburg.craigslist.org link

Silverball Mania $500 harrisburg.craigslist.org link

Airborne Avenger $800 southjersey.craigslist.org link

Flash Gordon $500 washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Gottlieb Dragon $800 allentown.craigslist.org link

Counterforce $900 newjersey.craigslist.org link

Escape from Lost World $800 winchester.craigslist.org link

Shaq Attack $900 annapolis.craigslist.org link

Nugent $900 annapolis.craigslist.org link

Gold Ball $575 philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#63 8 years ago

I would be completely broke of those were all available in my area

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I would be completely broke of those were all available in my area

It's a little eye-opening when you realize there are so many machines available.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's a little eye-opening when you realize there are so many machines available.

Most of these machines are some what working projects. about 1/3 are already sold. So the list looks long but really isn't. You can take that Flash Gordon off the list. I just got back from buying it.

#66 8 years ago

The BG on that Count-Down is in very good shape. I'd buy that if he was selling it. Playfield looks pretty typical, never seen one without wear above the pop bumper. Cabinet is 6-7/10 I'd say. I grabbed one for less than $500 that wasn't working.

Lots of good deals though!

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Most of these machines are some what working projects. about 1/3 are already sold. So the list looks long but really isn't. You can take that Flash Gordon off the list. I just got back from buying it.

You're from the area. Do you call when any machine becomes available? It seems here in the Chicago area a lot of the early SS games will sit for a long time before someone buys them. So even if the ad is a little old, the item is still available. I also didn't know if he was looking for a somewhat working machine. Some people like to tinker. Good find on the Flash Gordon.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Everybody was wondering what was available in his area, so I did a quick search on CL. There seems to be many choices and this was just the first 100 entries under $1200. There were a bunch of EMs available too.

I would grab that James Bond, Pac man and lost world right now if I lived int he area....

#69 8 years ago

EM or SS ? Is he able to fix it when it breaks? Take him out to the next pinball show, in your area, and play the games there that are for sale. Then maybe buy the one he likes best.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You're from the area. Do you call when any machine becomes available? It seems here in the Chicago area a lot of the early SS games will sit for a long time before someone buys them. So even if the ad is a little old, the item is still available. I also didn't know if he was looking for a somewhat working machine. Some people like to tinker. Good find on the Flash Gordon.

In this area if it isn't sold within the first day it's probably priced to high or borderline. The Flash at $500 was too high. Seller finally gave me a better price.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

In this area if it isn't sold within the first day it's probably priced to high or borderline. The Flash at $500 was too high. Seller finally gave me a better price.

500 is kinda high for a blown out PF with board issues too.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If you expand your range to $1,400, you can include Judge Dredd in the discussion.
Marcus

If you know someone who is selling one at this price point send them my way!

#73 8 years ago

Great info fellas, the EMs can be a bugger if he is new to the pinball arena.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

500 is kinda high for a blown out PF with board issues too.

I know. Good thing I didn't pay $500 for it

#75 8 years ago

He is definitely interested in SS over EM. Thanks for all of the great advice.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from zlorya:

If you know someone who is selling one at this price point send them my way!

It is a long running pinside joke. Anytime anyone asks the value of a judge dredd a million people reply with "that's a $1400 game folks" lol. It's like a game to see who can say it first almost

#77 8 years ago

Plenty broken EMs for that price

Just search your local CL ads

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

It is a long running pinside joke. Anytime anyone asks the value of a Judge Dredd a million people reply with "that's a $1400 game folks" lol. It's like a game to see who can say it first almost

I fell right into that one.

<- Pinside Novice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 7.50
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-machine-in-the-800-1200-range/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.