Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by zlorya
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giozzzzv3.jpg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

I have a friend who is interested in buying his first pinball machine in this range. I am pretty new to this and thought I would post to get some advice from the pinsiders out there. Thank you!

#2 3 years ago

Joker Poker

#3 3 years ago

YOU CAN FIND OLDER STERNS IN THIS PRICE RANGE. METEOR IS A GREAT GAME FOR INSTANCE

#4 3 years ago

i have an elektra for sale at 1100 too

#6 3 years ago

F-14 Tomcat. Steve Ritchie classic.

#7 3 years ago

A lot of early SS games. Classic Bally, Classic Stern and Gottlieb System 1's would easily fit the bill. (Not every game fits that price range but a lot of them do.)

#8 3 years ago

Space shuttle. Firepower. Meteor. Gladiators

#9 3 years ago

Beater taxi!!

#10 3 years ago

I too will vouch for all of these!!

#12 3 years ago

F14 Tomcat for sure

#13 3 years ago

Hardbody, on the lower end and Black Knight on the upper end of that price range. Both have four flippers and upper level playfields and both are fun to play. There are a lot of early SS pinballs that fall in that range. Don't settle for anything less than a fully working game with a nice playfield, backglass and cabinet at that price.

Have fun in your pinball search!

#14 3 years ago

I agree with this. Also Big Guns gets the shaft on Pinside alot, but it is really a fun game and at the lower side of your range usually.

#15 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

EM's lead the way for value/rating score...

#16 3 years ago

If you have a price range, I wouldn't get hung up on which game to buy. What I did was watch Craig's List or any other pins for sale locally and then I watched Youtube videos of gameplay and read reviews here on pinside of a game I found. When I decided that I found a game that I thought I would like, I bought it. The first game you buy doesn't have to be a keeper, it just has to satisfy the hunger for a little while till you've played pinball enough and have figured out which game you want to pursue. If you're interested in tinkering with games, get one that has a few small problems. If you just want to play, make sure the game is working but don't be a stickler for condition. I would definitely look for one under $1000 for your first machine. It's a lot easier to not make a mistake in that price range.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If you have a price range, I wouldn't get hung up on which game to buy. What I did was watch Craig's List or any other pins for sale locally and then I watched Youtube videos of gameplay and read reviews here on pinside of a game I found. When I decided that I found a game that I thought I would like, I bought it. The first game you buy doesn't have to be a keeper, it just has to satisfy the hunger for a little while till you've played pinball enough and have figured out which game you want to pursue. If you're interested in tinkering with games, get one that has a few small problems. If you just want to play, make sure the game is working but don't be a stickler for condition. I would definitely look for one under $1000 for your first machine. It's a lot easier to not make a mistake in that price range.

I agree.

#18 3 years ago

F-14 Tomcat or Gottlieb Wipeout

#19 3 years ago

The VERY few DMDs worth owning in the sub 1200 mark would be Tee'd Off and Cue Ball Wizard (if you can even find them for that price anymore?)

I would say any Bally 6083, sys11, or gottlieb sys80/80B are all solid choices.

Reality is ANY tuned up solid state for 1k is a good thing for a beginner. Find a decent title that someone else has already gone over and then he will have something hopefully pretty reliable to play.

Still completely amazes me that Atlantis can still be found in the 1200 range.

If your buddy can find one (pretty rare title) then tell him to jump on it. Great game play, great art, great sounds, challenging play like a sys11, and just all around fun. I mean whom does not like hot chicks riding dolphins?

#20 3 years ago

Thanks to all of you for your advice. I really appreciate it.

#21 3 years ago

A lot of good suggestions here. Paragon 1st came to mind for me

#22 3 years ago

I still find it hard to believe that Black Hole typically sells in this range. 2 playfields, 5 flippers, widebody, moving infinity backglass, great theme, and tough gameplay. It's a lot of pinball for the money!

#23 3 years ago

LW3

OK ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

#24 3 years ago

Look for Data East titles. Possible you could find a WWF or LAH in that range...

#25 3 years ago

I really think for the $ it's hard to beat pinbot.....great gameplay/art/sound package.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

LW3
OK ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

"no I'am driv'in"

#27 3 years ago

If you expand your range to $1,400, you can include Judge Dredd in the discussion.

Marcus

#28 3 years ago

Just got a very minty Cue Ball Wizard in that range....Fun game

#29 3 years ago

Pinbot

#30 3 years ago

I wish I could find sys11 games in the price range.

#31 3 years ago

Just about an early classic (1977 to 1987) solid state games can be found in this range. Some are overlooked by seasoned collectors/players because they already had the game several times or they are looking for a newer system game. Two game in particular that I see no mention of are Bally Lost World and Silverball Mania. They are both really fun games to play, have really nice artwork and can be found cheap.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Look for Data East titles. Possible you could find a WWF or LAH in that range...

No way you're finding either of these in that range.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Perhaps a tad more, but not much. Pays to be patient.

#34 3 years ago

High speed.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Perhaps a tad more, but not much. Pays to be patient.

Well in over a year of looking I've seen plenty of them come along and never within 500 of that range were they listed. Maybe through a friend or getting super lucky, but that is not likely.

#36 3 years ago

I haven't seen a f-14 or pinbot, in that price range. Or a judge dread for $1400, if so I'd jump on it.
Best bets are early system 11 games high speed, Grand lizard, and big guns is fun and cheap.
Also some data east and sega/stern games may fall into that price range like robocop.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

+1!! I love my CBW. The addition of LED's made it even better.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I wish I could find sys11 games in the price range.

I picked up a nice fully working Millionaire from another member here back in September for $800. All it needed was rubbers. They're definitely out there.

#39 3 years ago

Big Guns

Has Cannons

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My LAH would beg to differ. True, this was before everyone woke up and realized how much bang for the buck it had, myself included, but my LAH has a bit of a story behind it. I was going to go look at it in Illinois after the Superauction in Milwaukee, but I "accidentally" filled my SUV with a crane game (which barely fit) and had to cancel. Never got around to rescheduling. Lady was asking $1200 if I remember right, sounded about right then, but I figured someone must have scooped it up. Then like a year later, out of the blue she texts me, saying she sold the house and it had to go, if I came right away I could have it for $500. Score! Couldn't believe she even still had it!

Sorry if that seems irrelevant now, I just hadn't told that story here before... But never say never!

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Sorry if that seems irrelevant now

Yeah that's my whole point really. I'm sure LAH could be had for dirt cheap before these past couple years. Not now though unless you really luck out.

#42 3 years ago

Classic Ballys for me. 77-81 or so. Parts availability is good and are fairly easy to work on. Get what you want to own. That price range is right for a lot of nice older pins. Most of my games I paid in that area as well. Good luck.

#43 3 years ago

I bought a bunch of games in that price range this year. Skateball, Mata Hari, Paragon, Lightning, Farfalla. All will need some work, but they'll be great when they're done. I'd also recommend just about any working system 11, if it's not too rough.

#44 3 years ago

Laser cue should fall right in that price range! Good starter game if you can find one.

#45 3 years ago

If I could only pick one game in that price range it would be Flash Gordon.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I could only pick one game in that price range it would be Flash Gordon.

Dude, find me a working one in that price range and I'll buy it.
Anyone have a flash Gordon for sale let me know.

#47 3 years ago

Aurich beat me to it, Flash Gordon, if you can find a decent one is one of the best games anyway, certainly at this range. Also in and usually slightly below the range any number of early SS Ballys and some Sterns - Harlem Globetrotters, Paragon, Mata Hari, Meteor - also some fun Sys 1s - Genie for one. It kind of depends on what they want.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Bintzknocker here on Pinside. Good guy.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Dude, find me a working one in that price range and I'll buy it.

I paid $1200 for mine.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I picked up a nice fully working Millionaire from another member here back in September for $800. All it needed was rubbers. They're definitely out there.

For the life of me I can't understand why mill is so hated. Really ugly pin but super cool. Oscillating skill shot shooter lane?!

Cool roulette wheel in center of pf?!!! All for like $600?! Great bang for buck

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 137.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Santa Barbara, CA
2,150 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Canton, OH
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 8.40
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Warren, MA
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside