Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Here for business (downtown) but might have some time right in the middle of the day to check some place out. What is the best place for pin (not arcades)? is it logan?

lmk thanks!

#2 4 years ago

I prefer Logan Hardware. To me it's a great variety. I've not yet been to galloping ghost but I hear good things. I think it's called beer cade, that's ok too. Depends what you want in a place.

#3 4 years ago

everybody at expo was talking about galloping ghost, I didn't check it out though.

#4 4 years ago

Logan has all of the new Sterns, American Pinball, Chicago gaming, and a handful of classics. No JJP though.

#5 4 years ago

Go to Logan. There's another place within pseudo walking distance that's solid, Emporium Logan Square, with a pretty decent lineup at .25 a play.

If you're in the Loop, I'd still recommend Logan, if possible. But if you are absolutely stuck in the loop, there are a few locations, with less reliable games on freeplay, that are on the pricey drinks side and dont have a great vibe atmosphere wise (Headquarters and Fulton).

If you're in the burbs, there's places, but, meh. Theres a Dave and Busters type place in the burbs at a mall (pac man entertainment), and Galloping Ghost, I guess if you want to play some rare games, but, you'll probably be the only one there, and it is just games in an otherwise nondescript building on a generic road in the suburbs, it isn't party central.

My two cents

#6 4 years ago

My buddy and I go to Chicago once a year and we hit both Logan and Emporium. They are both great honestly. Logan definitely had more of a true pinball enthusiast vibe but alot of focus on new games. Emporium comes off as more of the bro/barcade vibe but they had a great selection of 80s through mid-2000s stuff you don't see out alot along with air hockey, skee ball, chexx hockey, pool, etc. all set to 25 cents a game. We hung out there a longggggg time drinking Three Floyds I can't find in Cleveland and playing games. My buddy isn't as into pinball as me so I think he enjoyed that spot more. Both solid choices depending on the vibe you're feeling that day.

#7 4 years ago

Thanks guys!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

My buddy and I go to Chicago once a year and we hit both Logan and Emporium. They are both great honestly. Logan definitely had more of a true pinball enthusiast vibe but alot of focus on new games. Emporium comes off as more of the bro/barcade vibe but they had a great selection of 80s through mid-2000s stuff you don't see out alot along with air hockey, skee ball, chexx hockey, pool, etc. all set to 25 cents a game. We hung out there a longggggg time drinking Three Floyds I can't find in Cleveland and playing games. My buddy isn't as into pinball as me so I think he enjoyed that spot more. Both solid choices depending on the vibe you're feeling that day.

Logan is def new Stern heavy, it would be cool to see more B/W and a few EMs to spice things up... but as if to read my mind, they added a lovely Centigrade 37, and Who Dunnit, from Expo. Also have a good selection of system 11s I overlook, and Blackout, Centaur, and Xenon. Great place, I'm there basically every night putting in the work!

#10 4 years ago

HeadQuarters Beercade in River North has a great selection of pins too. Plus most are on free play IIRC

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

How did it go?

Unfortunately the only time I had (which was limited - 2 hours) was during the day and majority of spots were closed then. I did actually see them and walked in Logan b/c I've never been there before.

I received a ton of great feedback and PMs - community is great. Shout out to American Pinball as well. Really great guys over there. Excited to hear about title 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-in-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.