(Topic ID: 355886)

Best Pinball gloves for injured hands?

By BrokenChair

79 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1_Michael-Jackson-sports-a-white-glove-during-his-fi (resized).jpg
    20240506_003625 (resized).jpg
    Mechanix (resized).png
    Gel gloves (resized).jpg
    pinball gloves 2 (resized).jpeg
    Pinball gloves (resized).jpeg
    hands (resized).jpg
    Maxiflex (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240504_070520_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240504_070613_Gallery (resized).jpg
    41f2r9nG2bL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
    #1 79 days ago

Can someone please tell me what are some of the better Pinball gloves in the world? I have really bad hands and they get sore quickly, especially the palms of my hands. I am now just using cotton gloves with to offer no support if anyone has recommendation to good Pinball gloves please let me know. Thank you.

#2 79 days ago

None. My hands go commando.

#3 79 days ago

41f2r9nG2bL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg41f2r9nG2bL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg

#4 79 days ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

None. My hands go commando.

I’m sure after 5 surgeries they wouldn’t be commando anymore

#5 79 days ago
    Screenshot_20240504_070613_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240504_070613_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240504_070520_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240504_070520_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #6 79 days ago

May try MaxiFlex and you can buy them on Amazon. The Endurance and Comfort model have cushioning and the Elite is thinner and offers more dexterity.

https://www.atg-glovesolutions.com/en/glovefinder/maxiflex
    Maxiflex (resized).jpgMaxiflex (resized).jpg

#7 79 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

May try Maxiflex and you can buy them on Amazon. The Endurance model has cushioning and the Elite is thinner and offers more dexterity.
    https://www.atg-glovesolutions.com/en/glovefinder/maxiflex[quoted image]

Thank you very much

#8 79 days ago

I know you are playing 6-8 hours a day and basically your hands and all the muscles are just going to need to catch up with that rigor. I'd not expect gloves to help with any fatigue- just keep calluses away if they are starting to pop up in places that you don't want them. Can do one of those "squeeze springs" while you're riding the bus or in a self driving car as well. This one has individualized digits for working trouble areas.

hands (resized).jpghands (resized).jpg
    #9 79 days ago
    Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can someone please tell me what are some of the better Pinball gloves in the world? I have really bad hands and they get sore quickly, especially the palms of my hands. I am now just using cotton gloves with to offer no support if anyone has recommendation to good Pinball gloves please let me know. Thank you.

I was about to start a similar thread this morning. I withdrew from tourney about to start right now because my wrists are still sore from an all day tourney last Saturday. Played league Thursday night and there was a bit of lingering pain. Yard work yesterday triggered it a bit again. I’m not risking my golf season by making it worse in today’s tourney.

Instead of “gloves” I was going to ask about wrist protection that some players use. I’ve seen people use things that wrap around a few times, and some which look like fingerless gloves and wondered what’s the best while being the least intrusive to the overall feel.

#10 79 days ago
    Quoted from Whistles:

I know you are playing 6-8 hours a day and basically your hands and all the muscles are just going to need to catch up with that rigor. I'd not expect gloves to help with any fatigue- just keep calluses away if they are starting to pop up in places that you don't want them. Can do one of those "squeeze springs" while you're riding the bus or in a self driving car as well. This one has individualized digits for working trouble areas.
    [quoted image]

Thanks I’ve had those once in my life before I’ve cut down to 3-4 hrs

Also, flipping with the index and middle finger together has made a considerable difference I was just flipping with the index finger. I’m not sure why what the science is behind this but it made it a lot better.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

#11 79 days ago

The MaxiFlex gloves are also great for moving machines and doing yard work. I wear them all the time and they really protect your hands.

#12 78 days ago

When the ash tray is on the right bottom side of the playfield glass, how do you reach it with gloves on without knocking the stack of quarters over?

#13 78 days ago

I have several different sets of gloves I use to play pinball...I've been wearing them for a long time. My original stance put weight on the palms of my hands and they would get sore. So I got a set of weight lifting gloves that has padding in the palm and the fingers are free to feel the flipper buttons. They help me alot.
    Phoebe

These are a couple of the sets I have
    Contraband Pink Label 5127 Womens Vegan Weight Lifting Gloves w/ Synthetic Microfiber Amara Leather (Pair) - Machine Washable Fingerless Workout Gloves...
    Color:Purple
    Size:Large

Contraband Pink Label 5307 Women's Design Series Diamond Mesh Lifting and Rowing Gloves (Pair) - Lightweight Vegan Medium Padded Microfiber Amara...

Pinball gloves (resized).jpegPinball gloves (resized).jpegpinball gloves 2 (resized).jpegpinball gloves 2 (resized).jpeg
    #14 78 days ago

Thank you for all the feedback guys. I really appreciate it that last post of gloves look really good. I was looking at yardwork gloves, but I think they were a bit too thick.

#15 78 days ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I have several different sets of gloves I use to play pinball...I've been wearing them for a long time. My original stance put weight on the palms of my hands and they would get sore. So I got a set of weight lifting gloves that has padding in the palm and the fingers are free to feel the flipper buttons. They help me alot.
    Phoebe
    Contraband Pink Label 5127 Womens Vegan Weight Lifting Gloves w/ Synthetic Microfiber Amara Leather (Pair) - Machine Washable Fingerless Workout Gloves...
    Contraband Pink Label 5307 Women's Design Series Diamond Mesh Lifting and Rowing Gloves (Pair) - Lightweight Vegan Medium Padded Microfiber Amara...
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I found them on Amazon and all the pairs you have which one do you think feel are the best and have the most padding for the palms? I’m gonna order them thank you

#16 78 days ago

Soon we’re gonna see all the big parts companies coming out with rebranded “pinball” gloves

#17 78 days ago
    Quoted from BrokenChair:

I found them on Amazon and all the pairs you have which one do you think feel are the best and have the most padding for the palms? I’m gonna order them thank you

The first pair is for sure thicker and has more "substance" so to speak, the 2nd pair is kind of a mesh material but they do both have significant padding in the palm area and they also have some extension type pieces of material that comes up onto your fingers but isn't so thick that it causes issues with the way you rest your fingers on the flipper buttons...They come in different colors so you don't have to get purple unless that's your favorite color like me!!
    Phoebe

#18 78 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Soon we’re gonna see all the big parts companies coming out with rebranded “pinball” gloves

LOL!! I've been wearing them for years...probably since 2012 or 13... When I first started wearing them hardly anyone else was, I had several folks ask me why, when I told them they said ooh yeah mine does that too then I started seeing lots of folks wearing them...

Phoebe

#19 78 days ago

Time for pinball retirement, I'm afraid.

#20 78 days ago

LUMAGloves - you knead these.

#21 78 days ago

Get a headlamp while you're at it.

#22 78 days ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Phoebe
    [quoted image][quoted image]

They look great!

#23 78 days ago

If you want to go fingerless the gel padded bicycle gloves look promising. I have never used gloves while playing but some gel cushioned ones sound like they would be comfortable for long game sessions. Amazon has tons of options for gel padded fingerless gloves.

Gel gloves (resized).jpgGel gloves (resized).jpg
    #24 77 days ago

Equally, if not more important than gloves for your pain is likely posture. Do not lean all your weight onto your wrists/palms when you’re playing. It is quite natural and actually comfortable to take the weight off your legs with this posture when playing pinball but in the long run the added pressure on your wrist and palms will be worse than sore legs. Try playing with a much lighter touch when you play, you can grip harder when you need to nudge but loosen your overall touch would be my advice. Pushing the flipper buttons harder offers no advantage so ease up on this too, all of this will help you be able to have longer sessions and could lessen the pain you’re feeling.

#25 77 days ago

thanks for all the great advice guys; be grateful you can play pinball without injuries; i put as less pressure as possible on the lock down bar and my main Nudge i learned that superstar pinball guy Karl; He is uses both hands and just pushes forward hard and quick

but yes posture is ideal.

#26 77 days ago

I really like the gloves by Mechanix. I have the series 1.5. I know a lot of special ops personnel swear by them. Very good tactile feel.

#27 77 days ago

These are looking a little worse for wear, but are intact and have been in service for 15 years or so. They have also been completely immersed on several occasions.

Mechanix (resized).pngMechanix (resized).png

#28 77 days ago

As one of the original pinball glove guys (ask around), I'll tell you what I use: Pearl Izumi bike gloves. Make sure they have the nice thick palm gel padding. If needed, add Futuro Sport athletic wrist bands for extra protection. I use just the gloves when playing with lots of breaks, e.g. match play, and both the gloves and the wrist bands when playing more constantly for a prolonged period. I wouldn't be able to play all the tournaments I do without them at my age (69).

#29 77 days ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

As one of the original pinball glove guys (ask around), I'll tell you what I use: Pearl Izumi bike gloves. Make sure they have the nice thick palm gel padding. If needed, add Futuro Sport athletic wrist bands for extra protection. I use just the gloves when playing with lots of breaks, e.g. match play, and both the gloves and the wrist bands when playing more constantly for a prolonged period. I wouldn't be able to play all the tournaments I do without them at my age (69).

Quoted from bobmathuse:

thank you for all the responses guys i really appreciate it.. I feel young people don't realize that one day that they will get old i ordered a few pairs suggested; thank you all

#30 77 days ago
    Quoted from BrokenChair:

thank you for all the responses guys i really appreciate it.. I feel young people don't realize that one day that they will get old i ordered a few pairs suggested; thank you all

"Young" guy here. I've been using a pair of pearl izumi bike gloves for a couple of years. Actually bought them for weight lifting as the callused palms never sat well with me. They help my game a lot and now it feels weird if I don't wear gloves.

For palm strain check your posture. If you're leaning / putting weight on your palms try standing closer to the machine. If you're already doing this carry on. If not, consider this - being weightless on your palms will allow you to react to the game / ball quicker with nudges and slaps. But leaning on your palms will likely mean higher risk of a tilt.

20240506_003625 (resized).jpg20240506_003625 (resized).jpg

#31 77 days ago
    Quoted from Absaroka_Flipper:

"Young" guy here. I've been using a pair of pearl izumi bike gloves for a couple of years. Actually bought them for weight lifting as the callused palms never sat well with me. They help my game a lot and now it feels weird if I don't wear gloves.
    For palm strain check your posture. If you're leaning / putting weight on your palms try standing closer to the machine. If you're already doing this carry on. If not, consider this - being weightless on your palms will allow you to react to the game / ball quicker with nudges and slaps. But leaning on your palms will likely mean higher risk of a tilt.
    [quoted image]

thank you for the recommendation... I am very old and still manage to play 3-4 hours a day the gloves you guys suggested will be a game changer;'

when i was younger i broke both forms and a wrist bone snowboarding; and on the other arm playing ultimate frisny broke both of those bones;(slid up on mud)

I would say to normal ppl my arms are about 50-60% weaker in general; I'm learning how to nudge now and think im just gonna use the push the machine up quickly with your arms.. i can't do the move the machine left or right to stop SDTM not strong enough,..

All my drains are SDTM

#32 77 days ago
    1_Michael-Jackson-sports-a-white-glove-during-his-fi (resized).jpg1_Michael-Jackson-sports-a-white-glove-during-his-fi (resized).jpg
    #33 77 days ago

greatest male vocalist of all time freddy mercury or michael jackson

#34 76 days ago
    Quoted from BrokenChair:

thank you for the recommendation... I am very old and still manage to play 3-4 hours a day the gloves you guys suggested will be a game changer;'
    when i was younger i broke both forms and a wrist bone snowboarding; and on the other arm playing ultimate frisny broke both of those bones;(slid up on mud)
    I would say to normal ppl my arms are about 50-60% weaker in general; I'm learning how to nudge now and think im just gonna use the push the machine up quickly with your arms.. i can't do the move the machine left or right to stop SDTM not strong enough,..
    All my drains are SDTM

Try the slap save! Requires much less force than a nudge so maybe less strain on your arms? It won't work 100% of the time but I've saved many a ball this way. @AbeFlips put together a whole series of fantastic videos on pinball skills. Definitely check those out:

#35 76 days ago
    Quoted from Absaroka_Flipper:

Try the slap save! Requires much less force than a nudge so maybe less strain on your arms? It won't work 100% of the time but I've saved many a ball this way. @AbeFlips put together a while series of fantastic videos on pinball skills. Definitely check those out:

ahh soo double slap save can stop down the middle drains? i don't have that technique yet

#36 76 days ago

If the ball is ever so slightly left or right of center, a properly timed slap save could extend the reach of your flipper just enough to divert it. More extreme is the nudge save but watch Jack Danger streams or Abe's streams and see how they interact with the machine. It's a valuable tool to have in the kit.

#37 76 days ago

nvm

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.