(Topic ID: 271566)

Best pinball game for mode experience?

By Edenecho

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So, thought id get some opinions on this.
    I have many games, ranging from TNA to Jurassic Park, with kiss, walking dead, game of thrones, iron maiden, sopranos etc in between. Yeah, mostly stern but also a street fighter 2, so, hey, im not THAT biased.

I wonder, what is for you the best game for longevity when it comes to modes? Like, lots of game time, good variety in modes, etc etc. Oh, besides JJP-stuff like hobbit and pirates, they kinda price themselves out of the market imo.

#3 3 years ago

I dig Metallica a lot for the modes/crank it up challenges

#4 3 years ago

TOTAN. Each of the seven modes focuses on a different playfield feature, so when you reach the wizard mode, you really feel like you've "mastered" the game.

Also, there's a story line that unites the gameplay, so you're not just hitting the captive balls, you're battling the Cyclops. You're not shooting the ramp, you're escaping on a flying carpet. You're not completing all the lit targets, you're destroying colossal statues to reveal the hidden jewel. The music, sounds and display shows make each mode into its own cinematic chapter of the story.

#5 3 years ago

Hobbit
    31 very unique modes

#6 3 years ago

LOTR and Metallica are both great, the way you can stack modes/multi balls in both games makes them some of the best out there

#7 3 years ago

Indiana Jones has fun modes with great variety. They are also pretty short and most of them don't provide incentive to time out. I'm surprised anybody would comment on modes on a Jpop game, you simply ignore most and they run in the background.

#9 3 years ago

IJ IPA mic drop...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-game-for-mode-experience and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.