Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by slcorrado
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2756 (resized).jpg
    pb4 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

The good...half of our 2-person C-suite approved a pinball machine in my office.

The bad...it would be on a wall shared with the CEO, with whom I haven't inquired yet.

Can anybody please suggest a machine that is more smooth than clamorous, for under $5K?

Haven't played Pinbot in decades, comes to mind for some reason...

#2 6 years ago

I don't think there is a bad choice. Pinball at work. Winning!

#3 6 years ago

For that I would say - a Virtual Pin with head phones .

#4 6 years ago

Something with quick ball times

#5 6 years ago

Old school. Space Shuttle or Pinbot like you said. New school, Iron Man.

#6 6 years ago

No EM's....trust me!

#7 6 years ago

New school, with a headphone jack.

#8 6 years ago

Pinball machines make quite a bit of noise. In a quiet environment they'll seem even louder. CEO probably won't like random bursts of pinball coming into their office... Then again you can always ask for forgiveness instead of permission

#9 6 years ago

Sopranos for sure

#10 6 years ago

Goldwings with the siren! s/

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from slcorrado:

The good...half of our 2-person C-suite approved a pinball machine in my office.
    The bad...it would be on a wall shared with the CEO, with whom I haven't inquired yet.
    Can anybody please suggest a machine that is more smooth than clamorous, for under $5K?

There are kits you can buy to quiet the flippers and pop bumpers, but it will still be noisy.

You probably want something with short ball times like Iron Man. Lord of the Rings, for example, would be a productivity disaster with games that last way too long.

#12 6 years ago

spiderman, TNG, GB and TWD have gone down well at my place!

#13 6 years ago

When I saw the heading, I was going to suggest TNA as it is a great multiplayer game with short game times, until I read it had to be quiet. TNA definitely not going to work on that front.

Something without pops or an early Solid state?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

When I saw the heading, I was going to suggest TNA as it is a great multiplayer game with short game times, until I read it had to be quiet. TNA definitely not going to work on that front.
    Something without pops or an early Solid state?

I say get TNA anyway and put the volume up high on purpose. That music would attract anyone over. (even a CEO) He would kick the door open and yell “what the hell is all that racket?!!”
    To see TNA gleaming in the corner. OP offers him to play ball 2 (which happens to have 2 balls already locked). CEO steps up and hits multiball. Boom!!! Promotion, raise, percentage increase on yearly bonus, friends for life!

#15 6 years ago

Wedgehead with drop targets. On the other hand, if you like the noisy stuff, the the door is wide open.

#16 6 years ago

Bad cats

#17 6 years ago

SW with the volume turned down. Seems like a game even people who don’t like pinball enjoy.

#18 6 years ago

Interflip Dragoon....back to work!

#19 6 years ago

What type of company do you work for? That would help with a decision on a theme. I would also suggest a newer stern pro pin that would require minimal upkeep.

#20 6 years ago

Thought about putting a pinball machine in my veterinary office. . . could be good for morale but certainly not productivity. Might not be the most appropriate thing either when the other doctor is in the exam room with fluffy and pinball mayhem is going on around the corner.

I had thoughts of putting one in the lobby for clients but the way their kids tear up the stuff that is out there already -- magazines, brochures, even the tissue box/paper towels barely go a day without hitting the floor -- it is not going to happen. It might also push a terrified cat over the edge and cause it to scratch the heck out of the next person to look at it (probably me!).

#21 6 years ago

The Shadow, he wears a suit : )

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from slcorrado:

If you are a C-suite, you would ask the CEO. He/she is the only person that matters, everyone else is a peer.

My CEO and the C-suite offices are so big, the other offices wouldn’t hear it. Must be tights c-suite quarters.

#25 6 years ago

Safe Cracker. It’s small, not super loud, and you can play the assault the vault mode for a quick two minute timed Pinball multiball fix.

#26 6 years ago

I'll see your Whoa Nellie and raise you a Zingy Bingy!

#27 6 years ago

CEO gonna say no....so quite worrying about what game. If, by miracle, he does approve, the virtual pin with headphones idea listed above would assure most playing time opportunity.

#28 6 years ago

Big buck hunter

#29 6 years ago

I would definitely go for a SW .... great theme and great game....

#30 6 years ago

Make friends wirh your HR dept......go Playboy

pb4 (resized).jpgpb4 (resized).jpg

#31 6 years ago

Williams "Blue Chip".

#32 6 years ago

Find one that matches the CEO's interests. Golf? Tee'd Off. Fishing? Fish Tales. Etc. But the virtual pin is a good idea. Mine has a button that reduces all sounds to 10% for late night/early morning play.

#33 6 years ago

Thanks gang. I appreciate all the suggestions.

Not sure if some were attempts to increase the unemployment rate by one person (looking at you, Bad Cats and Blue Chip!), though Playboy might've been the best pick of the bunch. And when my myriad penny stocks finally pay off I'm putting a BBH in my brother's deer camp.

So no EMs, thanks...virtual machine, great idea(!) but I'm going to go old-school if at all possible...and apparently Pinbot might be a contender, Safe Cracker, WPT, and Star Wars (is SW relatively quiet, or just a favorite)?

Thinking next is to find/play those somewhere around Northern VA.

PS...what's a 'Wedgehead'?

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from slcorrado:

PS...what's a 'Wedgehead'?

Some EMs have heads shaped like a wedge. I think most of them were single player too.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Some EMs have heads shaped like a wedge. I think most of them were single player too.

From Gottlieb 60's-70's

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Williams "Blue Chip".

I was gonna say that! Is there even a single other pin that was made exactly for this purpose?

1 year later
    #37 5 years ago

Can’t go into detail why, but it’s going to be Iron Man. So...IM wanted!

#38 5 years ago

World cup soccer 94

#39 5 years ago

Iron Man?

What kind of masochistic office are you running over there?

#40 5 years ago

No Good Gofers. Haven’t read the thread, but this is my vote. Great theme, great graphics, and fun for both non pin and pinheads alike.

#41 5 years ago

A pinball is loud wether the machine or the sound, headphones or not it's loud. So I would recommend an arcade machine instead (sorry pinheads)

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

A pinball is loud wether the machine or the sound, headphones or not it's loud. So I would recommend an arcade machine instead (sorry pinheads)

Yups. Pins are loud. Video arcades can be soft...but why own them. Sounds like the op should be buying something for the home...or for the boss

#43 5 years ago

Well, at least you took your time to make the right decision.

#44 5 years ago

I would go with a short ball time game for sure and headphone jack.

Iron Man
    TWD
    Tron
    TNA
    BK3 looks to be brutal
    You can never go wrong with AFM.
    Fathom
    Flash Gordon

1 week later
    #45 5 years ago

Got it. Thanks for the ideas everybody.

From other side of wall you just hear some muffled rustling...can't believe it.

Good ideas on ball times...we set it steep and I changed some settings. Team is loving it.

Thanks Buddy @ Doughslingers (and Tim/Tom for delivering)!

IMG_2756 (resized).jpgIMG_2756 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-for-an-office and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.