New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 115059)

Best Pinball expo in USA???

By Sniperone

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dannunz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I Have some extra air miles this year so I want to go to the best pinball show in America

I would be looking for one that all the dealers distributors and parts houses will attend. also some good show market place stuff. I have seen most of the machines so I mostly want to see new wares.

thanks in advance.

#2 5 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival has a great line up of games and parts and it is in your backyard, but the one place to go for parts you cant go wrong with Pinball Expo in Chicago and visit pinball life they have best party/part event ever.

#3 5 years ago

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/index.html Show reports.

http://www.pinballnews.com/diary/index.html Diary of up coming events.

Pinside lists events too.

Study up and see what show provides the best for you.

You might have to rethink the parts houses part. It is tough for a parts dealer to drag everything possible to a show. So you'll see parts, just don't plan on every part.

Go, have a great time. Involve yourself and get the most out of the show you can.

LTG : )™
    Disclaimer : http://pinballcircus.com/ featuring the world famous cheese pump on Saturday.

#4 5 years ago

thx the tips.. im definitely going to texas show

#5 5 years ago

A lot of great shows coming up this year. Arcade Expo in Banning, CA next week looks awesome.
    Texas is always great. The Louisville show in March is a lot of fun. the VFW show in Ann Arbor will be great in May. Jacksonville in May also. Freeplay Florida in November.

AND in Atlanta June 19-21 we've got the Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo. A LOT of pinball and a stop on PAPA's 2015 circuit. Everybody seemed to really have an excellent time last year...

#6 5 years ago

Well the TExas show is a great show BUT Pinball expo in Chicago offers the most variety of all shows..We have MANY seminars, tour of Stern plant, MANY vendors ,many new machines shown for first time and our games are playable 24x7 Had over 200 this past year. check out website for show details www.pinballexpo.com WE have been doing it 30 years straight

#7 5 years ago

My first time to Expo in Chicago this year. It was great! Mike and Rob do an excellent job bringing in all of the designers and companies you want to see. Too many great programs to make it to all of the stuff I wanted to see. Plus, all of the companies were showing off their latest and greatest pins and products. Really had a good time. Thanks Mike & Rob for all of the hard work over the years.

But Don't forget Pintastic New England! Looks like they're lining up to put on a great first show this July in Massachusetts.

#8 5 years ago

Ann Arbor pinball show in May has a guarantee of 250 restored games and limited ticket sales to prevent over crowding. Games represent all periods of pinball from the 1950s to present. Camping also available. It's a unique experience. And you can see on the website what games will be there ahead. Lots of very rare games you often don't see. On site repair/parts facility so if something breaks, it gets fixed very quickly. I can't stress the limited ticket sales enough... it's like a concert, when it's sold out that's it. This keeps the people-to-machine ratio very nice. No other show offers that. We try and make the pinball playing experience top notch. Also lots of excellent player additions like all the ColorDMD available installed, user headphone jacks in many solidstate games, little stuff like that. It makes the whole user/pinball experience that much better. http://vfwpinball.com

That said I like Chicago pinball expo a lot too in the fall, but not so much for playing games. the social aspect of Chicago and the seminars are what I like there.

#9 5 years ago

It doesn't sound like you'll go wrong with any of these.

ReplayFX (replayfx.org) will be held in a 110,000-square-foot space at the Pittsburgh Convention Center and expects to have somewhere in the range of 500-600 pinball machines and over 2000 other games to play.

#10 5 years ago

That one's shaping up to be the best...we'll see!

#11 5 years ago

I've never been to Chicago... but my friends have all said it's kinda boring for those that just want to casually socialize and play free pinball. If you want to be close to the industry; Chicago is the place to be.

If being social and free pinball for three days is your motivation; Texas Pinball Festival is your place. I personally spend a lot of time prepping my machines for it... along with onsite repairs to keep them running. Many others do it too. *AND* they don't close early like the Chicago show Mike was biasedly pimping earlier.

#12 5 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival is king in my book. No offense to the other shows at all...

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sniperone:

I Have some extra air miles this year so I want to go to the best pinball show in America
    I would be looking for one that all the dealers distributors and parts houses will attend. also some good show market place stuff. I have seen most of the machines so I mostly want to see new wares.
    thanks in advance.

For what you are looking for in an expo , Chicago would be the one for you .

#14 5 years ago

From what I hear, Pintastic is also going to be an amazing show. I'm looking forward to checking that one out, and being in Sturbridge, MA is a great location because it's central to a LOT of people on here!

#15 5 years ago

Totally non-biased opinion, but you should come to Texas

Ken
    Www.pinballrebel.com

#16 5 years ago

Since we have not had a show yet. I would like to give a shout out for Pinfest in Allentown, PA. Ivan puts on a great show every year. I would not miss it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 700.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 19.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 45.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside