Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Borygard
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

Why > ELECTRIC vibe to the whole show. It is a conglomeration of pinheads, vidheads, cosplay folks, board game people, counsel folks, and lot of overlap. For the whole weekend the entire hotel gets taken over. Seriously, pinball in elevators, in rooms, in hallways, in the game hall of course. It is really an almost festival type atmosphere.

The people are amazing. What they say about the midwest is true and MGC really shows it. I have been to many other shows and they all have their thing, but so far nothing can even come remotely close to the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of MGC.

For pinball, sounds like you can plan on over 200 games this year and by far the best playing games of any show I have gone to combined with shear number. The regional collector really tend to put a lot of pride into the games that show up and you will get to see some really cool stuff you wont find elsewhere.

Last thing, it is a super fun party atmosphere.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tazmancat:

Hubby and I would like to attend 2 or 3 pinball expos in 2017.

nobody has really asked and honestly it is the most important thing... What do YOU and HUBBY like to do at a show?

Every show has a different flavor with different pros/cons.
    For example, VFW has the greatest # of games and they all play very well (plus onsite staff to fix issues so if it breaks the will have it fixed in a couple hours) However, if you primarily like A listers then VFW is packed and you will always be waiting to play them. I like the other games so it is awesome and I never have to wait more than 1 deep to play the goofy ones. If you like old EMs and woodrails then you could play 3 at a time, lol.

For example, Expo tends to have all the big announcements and Debuts of new games. It has the most industry people and most buzz about what is going on. However, the game list for free play area is never great and the guy that runs the show honestly likes to be a dick to people so it can be souring.

Really depends on what you want to get out of a show. They all have some good points and all have some bad points.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from dhard:

I guess whysnow missed this in the middle of your original post

I caught that but almost ever show has a pretty good # of pins to play.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

Also at the VFW if you go on friday and play in the tourney (which is before the show opens), once you're out of the tourney, you get access to the entire VFW hall before the show opens. Since there's only 64 people in the tourney, that gives you the run of the facility without pretty much anyone else around!

100% agree! The BEST and only way to do VFW in my opinion is to go on Friday, play in the EM world championship and then hang out all day friday and play. That is the best way to experience the VFW show. Even if you dont like to compete, then just play in the EM world championship and get knocked out so you can go play the main collection before anyone else even gets in. It is a better prize than winning, lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pinball-events-to-attend-in-2017?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.