Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

The recent 'Best Pin For $1500' thread had some great discussion.

I feel it is much more challenging to find a good pin for under $1000. Luckily pins at this price point can really help people flesh out their collections without going bankrupt.

I will get it started: Comet

#2 10 years ago

Pinbot

#3 10 years ago

alien poker

#4 10 years ago

Firepower
Lethal Weapon 3

#5 10 years ago

Not much out there for under $1K. Correction atleast not in Michigan..

#6 10 years ago

Over the years I have personally scored a HS2 Getaway, Super Mario bros, and Starship Troopers (each machine under just under 1k) and would recommend any of those. However, the days of finding those deals are long gone I suppose...

So based on current pricing I'm guessing Lethal Weapon 3 or Street Fighter 2 are your best options...

#7 10 years ago

DMD games are definitely scarce under $1k. However, there are a lot of solid early SS titles that are nice pickups. Even some of the less-loved later SS titles would meet the criteria.

#8 10 years ago

Classics! The classics market is almost dead right now. Those games from the 70s and 80s are still a blast to play. And you can find lots of them for less than a grand. I know a lot of people don't find them as exciting as a brand new DMD game, but they can be just as much fun. And the early SS machines are pretty easy to work on. So easy to move, easy to work on, and a hoot to play. Sign me up for a Mata Hari! (oh, too late, I own one).

Of course, for that money, they will not be collector quality. They will be a good honest game. And they will have signs of age, but you can play them hundreds of times and still just be getting to know them. Show your mad skills on machines that were built to just take your quarter!

#9 10 years ago

I just picked up a tee'd off for 1K and Im thrilled with the purchase.

#10 10 years ago

SST - WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?!?

#11 10 years ago

Black Knight
Xenon

#12 10 years ago

High Speed, Gladiators, and Rollergames come to mind.

#13 10 years ago

I have picked up both Big guns and riverboat gambler for under 1K. Both games needed some work but they are a blast to play

#14 10 years ago

Gladiators is a fun sub $1k. Mousin Around is an incredible sub $1k machine if you can find it for that. Even pretty nice ones are just barely over though at like $1250-300

#15 10 years ago

I love my Bally Atlantis... picked that up for $400 3 years ago. I just picked up a Data East Monday Night Football for $280 last year and found a NOS back glass and got it working 100% for under $600..... good stuff!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

However, the days of finding those deals are long gone I suppose...

You never know. I found my nice unfaded FT for $1k three months ago

#17 10 years ago

Machines.....hmmmm I can tell you the best parts under $1k

#18 10 years ago

average space shuttle is well under $1000.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

average Space Shuttle is well under $1000.

I am a big fan of Space Shuttle, such a great game for the price.

#20 10 years ago

Most of the non-"A" list early 80s Stern/Ballys (so not including Fathom, Centaur, etc.) can be had for 1k or under. Some of my favorites: Skateball, Frontier, Beat the Clock (rare!), Catacomb, Seawitch, Nine Ball, Embryon, and many others. If you like EMs then that is a whole world available to you for that price point as well.

#21 10 years ago

Firepower
Flash
Gorgar

#22 10 years ago

Pinbot is the best for under $1000, Bally eight ball is great too, very addicting.

#23 10 years ago

Rollergames would be my pick. Ridiculous fun if you can get over the theme.

#24 10 years ago

Police Force It's a really innovative and fun game for its price. One of the last alpha numeric display machines i think

#25 10 years ago

I played this at PHoF about 5 or 6 years ago. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

I'd think about getting one if they ever showed up locally.

Robert

#26 10 years ago

Space Shuttle or Pinbot.

#27 10 years ago

Tons of great Ems to be had for less than $1000.

#28 10 years ago

If you're not counting great deals or project machines...

Pinbot
Rollergames
Space Shuttle
Space Station
F14 Tomcast
Flash
Gorgar
Panthera
Striker Extreme
Black Hole
Genie
Count Down
Sinbad
High Speed
Cue Ball Wizard
Street Fighter II
Gladiators

That's what I come up with off the top of my head, at least. Oh, and that is ONLY the SS list, if we were going with EM I could rattle off another 50 probably.
Special Force
Strange Science

#29 10 years ago

Lethal Weapon 3 is one of best under (or at) 1K bang for the buck pins left. I'd pass on SF2 for in home use...way too easy. All the others are a bit old for my taste and usually are beaten to hell due to their age, with only F-14 and HS being the exceptions.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I'd pass on SF2 for in home use...way too easy.

Whaaaaaa?

SF2 is NOT an easy game by any stretch. I get why people don't care for it that much, as it doesn't play like a "traditional" pinball machine - it plays like a linear video game, like the game that inspired it - but I've never in my life played one that I would have considered "easy."

#31 10 years ago

I want to live where you guys live...

I have to echo the EM shoutout, such good gameplay for scratch compared to SS's.

You can't get a sys11 around these parts for less than 1000, let alone DMD's.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I found my nice unfaded FT for $1k three months ago

Wow. Nice score!

#33 10 years ago

Amazing score don't get this dude hyped for that one it's like sayin just gotta find a sucker

#34 10 years ago

Lethal weapon 3 is real cool for the money...the problem is 95% of them are complete beaters. I have never run into a pin that is so often ragged to $ hi* as this game.

If I could find a surfin safari I would pick one up. They usually go for sub 1k.

+1 on rollergames.

hook is not do bad in a large collection...A little shallow but I like it.

jok erz is ok too.

#36 10 years ago

sorcerer

#37 10 years ago

I loved Comet.

#38 10 years ago

These can actually be found for sub-$750:

Grand Lizard
Big Betty's Truck Stop
Victory

#39 10 years ago

i nabbed a dr dude up for 900 good fun game

#40 10 years ago

Bally Atlantis is an awesome game and can be found for under $1000 fairly easy. Taxi still can be had for $1000 and under. Most early SS's are great choices. Paragon is so much fun. The list goes on and on.

#41 10 years ago

Just updated the linked games at the top of the post, currently at 50 games!

#42 10 years ago

Currently really digging Laser War which is ~$1k or less; can also find Taxi at ~$1k if patient.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Currently really digging Laser War which is ~$1k or less; can also find Taxi at ~$1k if patient.

I've been looking for both these titles at that price range for 2 years in the Delaware Valley area, and while there have been one or two of each - they were not in any respectible/presentable condition, and not priced sub 1k. If you got those titles for $800 a piece in C+ - B- to B+ condition, I have $1699 with your name on it, or a trade

#44 10 years ago

I picked up my SWE1 ($1000) Elektra ($600) and Medusa ($600) all from the same operator. And he delivered them. There's still deals out there. Just have to keep eyes open.

#45 10 years ago

Sorcerer
Sinbad
Joker Poker
Hollywood Heat
Harlem Globetrotters
Big Game
Dr. Dude is a great game for around that price.
Mystic is a great one too.
Time Machine
Strikes and Spares (Bally)

#46 10 years ago

Flash
F14

#47 10 years ago

Picked up my PoolSharks for $900 on CL

#48 10 years ago

LW3. Best bang for your buck. LAH if you're lucky but I doubt you can find one in good working order for 1k or less.

#49 10 years ago

Big Game
Devil Riders
Fireball Classic
Genie
Lightning
Mata Hari
Meteor
Night Rider
Paragon
Seawitch
Sharpshooter
Vector

#50 10 years ago

I absolutely love Jungle Lord!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 15.00
Electronics
Mod Magic!

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pin-under-1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.