Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by joestro78
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Let's say I had $4500 to spend on a pinball machine. No more. What is the very best playing/looking pin I could find fore that money, in your opinion?

#2 10 years ago

Going to make a little scratch from your Party?

ST Pro, AC/DC Pro

#4 10 years ago

AC/DC or LOTR

#5 10 years ago

No good Gofers.

#6 10 years ago

Depends on what you want, condition, and patience.
Someone just got a funhouse for free!
Looking at your wish list, you should be able to find a really nice TOM for that money.
You also could pick up pretty much any Stern Pro model NIB.

#7 10 years ago

TAF, best thing any amount of money could buy.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

TAF, best thing any amount of money could buy.

I agree but people really are ridiculous with pricing of this title,
I've been looking for one around this price point and every seller is convinced they have a $6k+ machine
Thus I'm still looking
another to add would be TZ

#9 10 years ago

All of these have deep rules

LOTR, TSPP, (all under the 4500 mark in decent shape)

TZ (most likely poor shape @4500)

RS (under 3500 mark)

Close to deep rules:

TS (3k mark or less)

#10 10 years ago

Speaking of TS.....I have one FS

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

ST Pro, AC/DC Pro

Someone is... someone's already hocking tickets on Dallas CL for 150 a pop.

#12 10 years ago

So is STTNG in this list as well? I find myself in a similar situation. Maybe I'll fork out a few extra bucks and get a NIB tron pro. Possibly a STpro or Met pro.

#13 10 years ago

If I was spending that amount and being realistic about what it gets now I'd probably pick up a nice TSPP.

But that's playing the "spend it all" game. If I just had that budget but didn't need to spend it all then I'd look at 90s Williams games first, given your collection. But maybe you'd rather have a Stern, that's more up to you.

You know I think every collection is incomplete without The Shadow.

#14 10 years ago

Party is going to buy a pinball machine for the foot clan arcade, nice. If you say you are buying it for the party then I guess with some level of skewed logic it works.

#15 10 years ago

There are so many great games in that budget, that a listing would almost be redundant. Almost all of the Stern Pro games, most of the older Stern titles (LOTR, TSPP), and the "third level" Stern games (WPT, RBION). Tons of the 90s B/W titles. In fact your budget even allows for a couple of pairings like Dr Who and Getaway. Or even an entire room of classic Bally games like Mata Hari, or a bunch of Wedgies (Yeah, I saw the Team One in your collection list). There are some A listers that are out of reach, but other than that, you can get almost anything.

Personally I'd either go for the slightly older Stern like LOTR, or the 90s pairing of a couple of 2k machines with a bunch of beer.

#16 10 years ago

lotr

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18 10 years ago

+1

These are the two that will NEVER leave our collection.

#19 10 years ago

NIB Stern Pro model
or
2 machines pre-owned machines like the Getaway, WCS94 or Jackbot

#20 10 years ago

Personally I'd look at ST Pro but not until code comes along. For code complete games, I'd probably be looking LOTR myself.

I'd would want ACDC premium over pro so that takes it out of the $4500 range, but your mileage may vary.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I find myself in a similar situation. Maybe I'll fork out a few extra bucks and get a NIB tron pro. Possibly a STpro or Met pro.

Surely you should live up to your namesake, TRONGUY!

#22 10 years ago

lotr
ac/dc pro
xmen pro
avengers pro
st pro

#23 10 years ago

WH2O
AC/DC
Shadow
Funhouse

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Party is going to buy a pinball machine for the foot clan arcade, nice. If you say you are buying it for the party then I guess with some level of skewed logic it works.

Well, they are trying to get people to buy some google glasses for "the party", so I could totally see it.

https://www.crowdtilt.com/campaigns/google-glass-to-film-epic-party

#26 10 years ago

for 4500, if you wait long enough and drive far enough you can get about any game ever mad.

#27 10 years ago

If I had a spare $4500 I would keep my Tron.
Now not counting that I would go.
Lotr
Tspp
Addams
Xmen
ST pro
Transformers LE

Or a really nice Stargate if you happen to find one. I hear they are rare.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

Or a really nice Stargate if you happen to find one. I hear they are rare.

Yeah, because you're the only person that was nuts enough to completely replate and re-clear one...and I bet it looks awesome in person in a way pictures can't show.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Well, they are trying to get people to buy some google glasses for "the party", so I could totally see it.
https://www.crowdtilt.com/campaigns/google-glass-to-film-epic-party

If that works I am going to crowd fund me a Medieval Madness

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Actually, I have been saving up for a nice pinball machine for several months. I do not plan to buy it until March at the Texas pinball festival. I just want to know what titles I should be seeking. I will not be keeping any of the funds from the party. Way too much cool crap to purchase for the people.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So is STTNG in this list as well?

Yes, if you've got an affinity for the theme.

Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, because you're the only person that was nuts enough to completely replate and re-clear one...and I bet it looks awesome in person in a way pictures can't show.

Stargate is a beautiful pin without question. I've only played one and while I think it was one of the better pins Gottlieb produced, I can't say it was a keeper.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Actually, I have been saving up for a nice pinball machine for several months. I do not plan to buy it until March at the Texas pinball festival. I just want to know what titles I should be seeking.

There's somany games to get in that range. Since you will be at TPF just play them and pick the one you like.

Quoted from Jared:

I will not be keeping any of the funds from the party. Way too much cool crap to purchase for the people.

Don't give Barry a reason.

Quoted from Frax:

I actually liked tearing it all the way down and then building it back up with new or restored parts. The game in have now looks nothing like it did.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Actually, I have been saving up for a nice pinball machine for several months. I do not plan to buy it until March at the Texas pinball festival. I just want to know what titles I should be seeking. I will not be keeping any of the funds from the party. Way too much cool crap to purchase for the people.

Poor timing for a post like this then.

#35 10 years ago

I'll throw in a vote for Shadow or WH2O. And you'll likely have some spare money to boot!
I'm a sucker for TAF, so I'd go down that road too.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Surely you should live up to your namesake, TRONGUY!

Tron is my #1 choice. I'm not paying $6k plus shipping for it though.

I want to pay about $5400-$5600 shipped-still looking

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

ST Pro, AC/DC Pro

+1

- LoTR
- TSPP if you can find one.

#38 10 years ago

I'd snag me a Mousin' Around. I know the rule set is simple, but dialed in and waxed it's fast as hell and never seems to get old.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from pflueeb:

You could buy my HUO TSPP!
pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Nice price, great machine. One of Sterns best.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Poor timing for a post like this then.

Obviously.

#41 10 years ago

Stern Spiderman

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Stargate is a beautiful pin without question. I've only played one and while I think it was one of the better pins Gottlieb produced, I can't say it was a keeper.

Love the look of the game, hated the gameplay. Wife hated it even more. Was not sad to see it go. Might've been a lot more run on clearcoat, playing faster though.

#43 10 years ago

GnR.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Love the look of the game, hated the gameplay. Wife hated it even more. Was not sad to see it go. Might've been a lot more run on clearcoat, playing faster though.

Oh yea. Its fast alright. Do I dare to say its almost Tron fast.

#45 10 years ago

$4500 dollars.

1) A perfect anything classic stern or bally or 3 or 4 of them.

$4500 and did not own these games. I would by really nice examples of the following.

Bally Bow and Arrow
Gottlieb 300 or Top Score
Stern Quicksilver
Stern Nineball

#46 10 years ago

MM in 6 months

#47 10 years ago

I say be careful about NIB as the price on those is likely to depreciate causing you to lose money in the long run. Go with tried and true as those titles are usually only going to increase in price as the years go.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

Oh yea. Its fast alright. Do I dare to say its almost Tron fast.

I love Stargate, but I do not think you could ever say that, even with clearcoat. Stargate has too much stop and go.

#50 10 years ago

Star Trek The Next Generation would be my vote...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 174.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-pin-4500-could-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.