(Topic ID: 95937)

Best organizers for your parts?

By NJGecko

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_7642.jpg
    100_7641.jpg
    100_7591.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

So...I've been using a bunch of small parts organizers for my stuff. The little closable ones from Stanley. At first they worked well, but I'm pretty much at the point that I'm needing something a little better.
    I've got so many fasteners, bulbs, switches, you name it...I'm at a half dozen of these things and still need room. And the little dividers just don't work well in these things to keep screws separated.

I need something bigger and better. Any suggestions on something I can buy?
    Yes, buy. I don't want to make anything because anything I try to fabricate is automatically broken before I even start.

So not necessarily for tools. Fasteners, bulbs, small electronic parts, star posts, all of that "usual" stuff.

#2 9 years ago

I have some "Tilt Bins" mounted to the wall. they are modular/stackable and clear, separate the parts in clear bags and you can see pretty well without opening what is in each bin. The only thing I have separated are Molex connectors and fuses in the divider type units. For screws the molded compartment type with rounded bottoms work OK, you are limited but at the same time no dividers to move causing a mess.100_7591.jpg100_7591.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Storage, a constant work in progress with no perfect solution for every item.
    Rounded bottom for easy item removal.
    100_7641.jpg100_7641.jpg
    tilt bins which are a decent catch all for bulkier items.
    100_7642.jpg100_7642.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-organizers-for-your-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.