Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Thor-NL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 8 years ago

Just was curious to know what are the best and worst call outs you've heard of all the time you've played pinball over the years

#2 8 years ago

The Chloe jackpot call out on 24 has to be number one on the "worst" list ...

#3 8 years ago

Best: "A new power is rising....TO WAR!!!"- Lord of the Rings

Worst: "He's climbing the ladder!"- Wrestlemania

#4 8 years ago

"Get the extra ball... Ya weiner!"

Wh20

#5 8 years ago

Best - BSD: "I feel like a blundering novice!"

Worst - Jokerz: That awful sound effect when you pick a card and it doesn't match/isn't the right one? (Is it somebody sort of going "Hooo hummmm"?) but it's normalisation is terrible and is super loud compared to everything else.

#6 8 years ago

BEST
    TZ Tilt Action
    "Dance with devil, at your own risk, in the Twilight Zone".

WORST
    "Everybody Underground NOW"! - Twister (Sega, 1996)
    Repeated over and over and over again.....and it sounds muffled and crappy anyway.

Here are some of my interesting opinionated factoids:

Worst Pinball Game Quote - Twister, "Everybody Underground NOW!" (Several Jurassic Park quotes are right beyond this one, including "Go, Go, Go, Go, Go, Go, GO"!)
    Worst Pinball Ramp Design - Dr. Dude, Main Ramp to Mix Master, ridicuously steep and often prone to jamming.
    Worst Playfield TOY - Cue Ball Wizard, Pool cue ball in the middle of the playfield
    MOST Repetitive Pinball Machine RAMP Shot - Star Wars, "How many Tie Fighters can you destroy in one game"?
    Worst Pinball Wizard MODE - Theatre of Magic, "That was IT?"
    Worst Movie / Game Concept Translation to a Pinball Machine - Street Fighter II / Super Mario Brothers/ WaterWorld (Tie)
    Worst Playfield Layout - Orbitor 1, See section on Historys Worst Pinball Machines (Sorry, this is not pinball)
    Worst Translite / Backglass - Genesis (The midget seals the deal)
    Worst Pinball Cabinet Design - ANY Game Produced by Premier Technology (Gottlieb)

#7 8 years ago

Worst call outs: the ones that repeat over and over. "Shoot the Pyramid" (Stargate) or "Beware of the Witch" (Jolly Park) are good examples of quotes that are OK but become really annoying after a while.

My favorite:
    "Don't Touch me There!" Elvira, when trying to start a game with no credit left...

#8 8 years ago

T3 - Arnold constantly saying 'shoot heah and heah'

#9 8 years ago

The crypt keeper laughing over and over on TFTC

#11 8 years ago

My favorite callouts are from dirty harry make my day and you have to ask yourself one question do I feel lucky

worst stargate shoot the pyramid

#12 8 years ago

Worst: Anything by "Amy"

#13 8 years ago

Monopoly: """I LOVE MY CHOO CHOO!"""

#14 8 years ago

I forgot the exact words, but I still think Brent Spiner doing Data's drain callout in ST.TNG is classic:

"If you had used the proper trajectory on the ball you would have succeeded" or something like that. Perfect snottiness and rubbing your face in it.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

The Chloe jackpot call out on 24 has to be number one on the "worst" list ...

I'd have to agree, but being one of the best pins stern ever made I can look past it. Yea I said it, play it and you'll know also.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

My favorite callouts are from Dirty Harry make my day and you have to ask yourself one question do I feel lucky
    worst Stargate shoot the pyramid

Shoot the pyramid is the same guy who does the shaq callouts....was almost comical when I heard it. How bout " most of my partners end up dead" when the ball drains....dh

#17 8 years ago

Not worst but bad - female "jackpot" in big labowski

#18 8 years ago

I always hated the "Gomez" call out in Addams. Just because its so out of context with anything.

Best: "You Big Sausage"

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

My favorite callouts are from Dirty Harry make my day and you have to ask yourself one question do I feel lucky
    worst Stargate shoot the pyramid

My fave in Dirty Harry is "Somebody call the sanitation department, there's garbage on the street."

#20 8 years ago

SHOWTIME!!!

#21 8 years ago

Worst: Any call out from Dr.Dude!
    Best: Anything from Addams family.

#22 8 years ago

Best:
    "Send a maniac to catch a maniac" DM
    "What are you doing? I'm making a long distance phone call" JM
    "The sun is shining, but the ice is slippery" TS

Worst:
    "ok,ok,ok,ok" LW3
    "Shoot the pyramid" Stargate

#23 8 years ago

STTNG is full of amazing custom callouts, but the best by a LANDSLIDE is...

All hands prepare for Mul-TIE-ball!

Somebody mentioned the Data quote above. Even cooler than that quote is the fact that you can double flip to cut him off. Picard says tersely "Thank you Mr Data", and you are awarded points! Awesome sound design.

#24 8 years ago

Best:
    "Fry that mother Fu*ker!!" - Metallica
    "This thing is huge! and Ribbed.." - Scared Stiff

Worst:
    "shoot the basket" - Shaq Attaq
    "shoot the pyramid" - Stargate
    Basically any game that repeats way too frequent.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I always hated the "Gomez" call out in Addams. Just because its so out of context with anything.
    Best: "You Big Sausage"

Everytime Gomez says Tish and Tish says Gomez, I think what Tish meant to say to Gomez was Dumbass

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from raisindot:

I forgot the exact words, but I still think Brent Spiner doing Data's drain callout in ST.TNG is classic:
    "If you had used the proper trajectory on the ball you would have succeeded" or something like that. Perfect snottiness and rubbing your face in it.

You gotta flipper button him and shut his ass up.
    That is a classic.

#27 8 years ago

Best: Suuuuuperjacpot, hohohooo *Gimli/LOTR*
    Worst: Play better *AC/DC*

#28 8 years ago

I really hate the Boulder Bash call outs in White Water. Other than that, the rest of the call outs are fun.

Scared Stiff and ACDC have really fun call outs, too.

#29 8 years ago

Best:
    "You pay your money, you take your chances" - Cyclone
    "Your move, creep" - Robocop
    "LIONMAN" - Swords of Fury

#30 8 years ago

There is only Scared Stiff.

#31 8 years ago

Best: I never get tired of the Metallica "Jack-F*****g-Pot!"
    I also like the voice work in T3 (specifically listing all the weapons collected during Assault), but I'm also a sucker for Arnold as the Terminator.

#32 8 years ago

Most repetitive (and annoying after multiple center ramp shots) "Meow meow meow meow"-Bad Cats

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lamboo27:

Everytime Gomez says Tish and Tish says Gomez, I think what Tish meant to say to Gomez was Dumbass

When my mom first got her Addams Family and was finally able to actually hear all the callouts clearly, she called me up and wanted to know "why is that woman calling me a dumbass?" I had no idea what she was talking about, so the next time I went over to visit I made her show me. Sure enough, Morticia saying "Gomez" was what she was talking about. It pissed them off to the point that my dad wouldn't play because the machine was cussing at him, so I bought them the movie and made them rewatch it with me in the house, and pointed out every single callout from the movie.

That was the second pin in our collection, so now if/when we buy a movie-related pin, I buy the movie and give it to them to watch as homework.

#34 8 years ago

Best:
    - HRC Super Duper Mega Extreme Jackpot
    - ST Double Super Jackpot
    - "Showoff!" ~ CV
    - BANGARANG ~ Hook

Worst:
    - THE BUMPERS MARIO THE BUMPERS! ~ SMB
    - Shoot the spinner ~ Shatz Attaq
    - Mustang Jackpot callouts

#35 8 years ago

"Kaaaahhhn." It's pretty weak and emotionless. ST.

#36 8 years ago

The good: "How ya doin'?!?. . .Get lost jerk!"
    The bad: OK OK OK
    The best: The T-Rex belching after eating the pinball

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Worst: Anything by "Amy"

right. just got this game and yeah that's fugging annoying already

#38 8 years ago

bad: "it's a great day for racing and a great day for pinball" Indy 500

good: the over-the-top "JAAAACK POHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTT!!!!!!!" afm

#39 8 years ago

IJ - the price has doubled... The price has tripled!

#40 8 years ago

I'm surprised no one mentioned Jar Jar from Star Wars episode 1 anything he says is torture like "LOOK AT DAT YOUSA GOT THE EXTRA BAAAAALLLLLLLL"

#41 8 years ago

I second the AFM a-bit-too-excited-alien "Suuuuuuuuppppppppppppeerrrrrrrrrrr Jaccccckkkkkkkppppppppooottttttttt Ohhhhh babyyyyy!!!"

Also MM, the King of Payne get's a bit excited when you get 4-ball Multiball Madness.

#42 8 years ago

Best "All hands repair for multiball" Stng
    Worst, the sound of silence as I wait for my LOTR circuit board to ge fixed.

#43 8 years ago

I'm kinda partial to. "Hippos arnt dagerous at night"
    Just because of the fact that me and a couple of my mates were on vacation in the congo, and as there's not much to do at night in that neck of the woods we decided to head down to the local watering hole in a drunken state. Low and behold we found ourselves face to face with a hippo, cuz that's the only action at the local watering hole. Hehe... I remember yelling after them as they ran off in terror....common everyone knows ;>》 ...hippos arnt dangerous at night!! Thanks congo.

#44 8 years ago

Best: Save my baby

#45 8 years ago

"Hey you, with the face." - Cyclone

#46 8 years ago

LIONMAnnnn!! LIONMannnn!! MUAAAahaaahahaaaaa!!!...
    In a good game you hear this like 50 times.
    I will never get tired of this.

#47 8 years ago

Best:

TAF: Multi-ball startup callouts

AFM: Super Jackpot, martian screaming "Jackpot", and when you initiate Martian Attack a third time and the martian sounds like he almost cries, anytime the martians say "RRRGGGGAHHHH!!!! WOMEN!!!" as well as "MOARRRR women!!!"

BSD: 30 Million. I mean.. THIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTY MILLIONNNNN!

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I agree with the "Gomez" callout and always substitute it by saying "DumbAss" aloud instead. I've had a lot of people who don't know the actual callout ask me if that is what is actually said in the game. It's like once you hear it, it is all over and you can't unhear it.
    Try it....

~Steveo

#49 8 years ago

I think TAF has the most well done audio in pinball. The callouts by Raul Julia are second to none (IMHO).

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from Peppers:

Best "All hands repair for multiball" Stng

huh?

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-or-worst-call-outs-in-all-of-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.