Topic Stats

• 860 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Monk
  • Topic is favorited by 231 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200-12.gif.9fd318c1bad97336ffe45ec7e14bee67.gif
    Screenshot_20240131_055119_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    TreyBo.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Opera Snapshot_2023-10-04_132453_pinside.com (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_7792016_0.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor.gif
    Opera Snapshot_2023-05-16_180659_pinside.com (resized).png
    Opera Snapshot_2023-05-07_003810_pinside.com (resized).png
    Screenshot_2023-03-01-22-06-47-90 (resized).png
    cR5NFH1__400x400 (resized).jpg
    the_more_you_know_nbc.gif
    RGP (resized).png
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#248 4 years ago

Am I the only one who clicks this thread thinking "Ah, maybe this will be the most inspiring restorations, or archival-quality tech help, or newly rediscovered lost game finds..." and is disappointed to see a punch list of cringe-worthy dumpster fires?

Some of them might be amusing, and I've laughed and commented in some as well... but to me, most of these threads illustrate the WORST of Pinside. So many people openly gripe about why so much of the worst elements keep coming up. I dunno. Maybe they shouldn't be literally celebrated as the "best"? I mean there's so much positivity to love about this site, why should that be the stuff you actually have to look for as it gets buried in the dumpster of so-called "Best of"?

All kidding aside, why do we self-select the worst aspects, actors, and meltdowns in this community as something worth celebrating?

3 years later
    #656 1 year ago

I got my first block ever by anyone from him, too. I didn't even know what happened until I was suddenly ignoring somebody, apparently? Oops. I'd feel special but apparently you can block 100 people so it's hardly an exclusive list given the caretaker. Oh well!

I still genuinely have mixed feelings about such dumpster fires being routinely listed as "The Best" of Pinside though. Like oh yay yay har har point at the toxic clownshow, maybe it's funny now and then but then if that's all that makes "The Best of" list, it's hardly a good reflection of the larger community. Might as well stay on Facebook for toxicity so why come here at all? That d0n thread was a rare dive for me, I try to avoid those pits. Frankly I consider them embarrassing. But of course I'm not above it, oof.

And yet, elsewhere within Pinside there's so much more constructive, positive stuff... the stuff that hook us and make it an inescapable resource in spite of the clown shows... yet those barely merit a whif by comparison. Just seems weird to me. Guess I wish this thread would be renamed, but I can be pedantic like that.

Ah well, rant over.... carry on!

6 months later
    #763 8 months ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

That 3rd book (on the right) looks to be a rare version with a misprint on the spine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-of-pinside-threads?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.