Topic Stats

• 855 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 231 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200-12.gif.9fd318c1bad97336ffe45ec7e14bee67.gif
    Screenshot_20240131_055119_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    TreyBo.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Opera Snapshot_2023-10-04_132453_pinside.com (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_7792016_0.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor.gif
    Opera Snapshot_2023-05-16_180659_pinside.com (resized).png
    Opera Snapshot_2023-05-07_003810_pinside.com (resized).png
    Screenshot_2023-03-01-22-06-47-90 (resized).png
    cR5NFH1__400x400 (resized).jpg
    the_more_you_know_nbc.gif
    RGP (resized).png
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z (resized).png

There are 855 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.
    #651 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I would love to see a d0n & greatwichjohn team up thread
    that would be the bestest ever

Quoted from dmacy:

And then Steveseum jump in and say “hold my beer”!

Never forget Choogard.

#652 1 year ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Is that how you know you’ve made it is when dOn makes a thread about you?

Made it to what exactly?

#653 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

And then Steveseum jump in and say “hold my beer”!

We are absolutely due for a Steveseum victory lap thread here, from any of his 4 different pinside profiles. I would expect it to detail how he was always right about everything, and how Gameseum was an unqualified success and he voluntarily decided to shut it down because the spectacular good fortune of his establishment was embarrassing the rest of the industry and he was worried about hurting the rest of the country's arcades.

I mean...it actually would read just like that.

#654 1 year ago

I only managed to get blocked by d0n, but not get a dedicated thread.

I did learn that I guess pinside tells you that you're blocked by someone now though? Hadn't seen that before.

Surprised Pinball Adventure/Punny Factory hasnt been mentioned yet

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory

#655 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I only managed to get blocked by d0n, but not get a dedicated thread.
    I did learn that I guess pinside tells you that you're blocked by someone now though? Hadn't seen that before.
    Surprised Pinball Adventure/Punny Factory hasnt been mentioned yet
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-new-pin-reveal-12-16-punny-factory

I got blocked too. Apparently d0n likes and wants my style but he doesn’t like or want me.
    Found out on Valentine’s Day
    Life goes on I suppose.

#656 1 year ago

I got my first block ever by anyone from him, too. I didn't even know what happened until I was suddenly ignoring somebody, apparently? Oops. I'd feel special but apparently you can block 100 people so it's hardly an exclusive list given the caretaker. Oh well!

I still genuinely have mixed feelings about such dumpster fires being routinely listed as "The Best" of Pinside though. Like oh yay yay har har point at the toxic clownshow, maybe it's funny now and then but then if that's all that makes "The Best of" list, it's hardly a good reflection of the larger community. Might as well stay on Facebook for toxicity so why come here at all? That d0n thread was a rare dive for me, I try to avoid those pits. Frankly I consider them embarrassing. But of course I'm not above it, oof.

And yet, elsewhere within Pinside there's so much more constructive, positive stuff... the stuff that hook us and make it an inescapable resource in spite of the clown shows... yet those barely merit a whif by comparison. Just seems weird to me. Guess I wish this thread would be renamed, but I can be pedantic like that.

Ah well, rant over.... carry on!

#657 1 year ago

From what I can tell Don has blocked every single person on pinside, except for the 10 who upvoted his Crazy Levi hate thread.

Which honestly probably works out best for everybody.

#658 1 year ago

Having weird, unhinged pinball personalities obsessed with you is highly overrated.

#659 1 year ago

#660 1 year ago

I just checked dOn's email. It might not be dOn that has you blocked.

Also, we really should allow this thread to get back on track before we get scolded.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z (resized).pngzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z (resized).png
    #661 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Having weird, unhinged pinball personalities obsessed with you is highly overrated.

I will admit to being disappointed when the thread dedicated to you disappeared. It was a special moment in time.

#662 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Also, we really should allow this thread to get back on track before we get scolded.

I have totally given up keeping it on track.

#663 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I would love to see a d0n & greatwichjohn team up thread
    that would be the bestest ever

d0n hands down accomplished in 48 hours what took GWJ to accomplish in 6 months. d0n is the hands down winner.

However, maybe Otaku/Gamenaseum could teach GWJ a few things about GFM's in a new thread.

#664 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Made it to what exactly?

Hmmm good point, I’m not sure.

#665 1 year ago

ok ok...guys...please take it to the train derail thread....that is more "let's talk bullshit and be non-productive" vs cluttering up a good thread here as this along with game pictures and game brought home today are seriously like...the 3 threads I really like....please don't fuck this one up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/east-palestine-ohio-train-derailment

#666 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are absolutely due for a Steveseum victory lap thread here, from any of his 4 different pinside profiles. I would expect it to detail how he was always right about everything, and how Gameseum was an unqualified success and he voluntarily decided to shut it down because the spectacular good fortune of his establishment was embarrassing the rest of the industry and he was worried about hurting the rest of the country's arcades.
    I mean...it actually would read just like that.

Give him time it has to be coming. He only posted that the arcade was closing 5 days ago and “he needed help moving machines ”. He also posted “DO NOT ASK TO BUY MACHINES!”

#667 1 year ago

Steven showed up at TNT Amusements on Valentines Day in the evening (I was at the movies with my daughter and did not see him) and he says he is going to wait a couple years and reopen somewhere else bigger than ever...that is why he is not selling his stuff.
    Todd

#668 1 year ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

he says he is going to wait a couple years and reopen somewhere else bigger than ever

Might take more than a couple years for people to forget and be able to run successful go fund me's again.

LTG : )

#669 1 year ago
    Quoted from NPO:

ok ok...guys...please take it to the train derail thread....that is more "let's talk bullshit and be non-productive" vs cluttering up a good thread here as this along with game pictures and game brought home today are seriously like...the 3 threads I really like....please don't fuck this one up.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/east-palestine-ohio-train-derailment

I tried to open an O/T thread about the Pinside "All Stars". It was closed down faster than I could look for it.

#670 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Might take more than a couple years for people to forget and be able to run successful go fund me's again.
    LTG : )

Go Fund Me for a storage facility for his pins in 3....2.....1....

#671 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Go Fund Me for a storage facility for his pins in 3....2.....1....

I think even he realizes that well is dry. His last gofundme raised like 200 bucks and every contributor shared his last name.

#672 1 year ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

and he says he is going to wait a couple years and reopen somewhere else bigger than ever..

Looking forward to Titanic Gameseum Part Deux 2037.

#673 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I tried to open an O/T thread about the Pinside "All Stars". It was closed down faster than I could look for it.

Good. This place is toxic enough

#674 1 year ago

To anyone who thinks Pinside is SO toxic, please by all means, just leave. No announcements, no long goodbyes, just inactivate your account and go away. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean no one else should either.

#675 1 year ago

I miss talking about my daily routine. Nothing much has changed with my life. Thought it was good entertainment with over 10k posts. Still slowly working on my pinball machine for one lone whale for TPF 2024. Got good use of the first winter jacket donated by vdojaq, since it has been a warm winter. Still using the donated grill by a Canadian donation. Still love my beer, cheap food, & nickel betting!

#676 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I miss talking about my daily routine. Nothing much has changed with my life. Thought it was good entertainment with over 10k posts. Still slowly working on my pinball machine for one lone whale for TPF 2024. Got good use of the first winter jacket donated by vdojaq, since it has been a warm winter. Still using the donated grill by a Canadian donation. Still love my beer, cheap food, & nickel betting!

Please don’t start. I like this thread and don’t want it shutdown.

#677 1 year ago

C'mon John. Didn't you get enough attention in your four threads to last a lifetime?

Just do your build. Or not. Since you admitted the whole thing was a troll job, no one cares anymore. Please stop trying to hijack other threads with your nonsense.

#678 1 year ago

John

You've been given several chances by the Moderators and burned too many bridges here. Your comment is off topic and you're pushing boundaries with them.

I suggest you start a thread on your Facebook page. That's a serious suggestion and I will help you with it if you need.

Send me a private message if interested. But whatever you do, do not respond or post any further in this thread.

#679 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

John
    You've been given several chances by the Moderators and burned too many bridges here. Your comment is off topic and you're pushing boundaries with them.
    I suggest you start a thread on your Facebook page. That's a serious suggestion and I will help you with it if you need.
    Send me a private message if interested. But whatever you do, do not respond or post any further in this thread.

John, I see that the old RGP pinball site is still up. Maybe try posting there? https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball

#680 1 year ago

I thought about RGP also, but have you checked the conversation titles?
    ha ha

RGP (resized).pngRGP (resized).png
    #681 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I thought about RGP also, but have you checked the conversation titles?
    ha ha

I did. And just restocked.

#682 1 year ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I did. And just restocked.

Did you get the penis enlargement too?

#683 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

To anyone who thinks Pinside is SO toxic, please by all means, just leave. No announcements, no long goodbyes, just inactivate your account and go away. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean no one else should either.

You can't change it from outside.

If people want to make it a better place, this is where to do it from.

If anyone doesn't want to think there is some toxic cultures on pinside, they are the problem.

#684 1 year ago

It's unfortunate what happened to RGP, but honestly, it turns out the only thing worse than a moderated forum is an unmoderated forum.

It really was hopping for about 10 years. Bought countless games via RGP, at prices that would make noobs gasp!

"OK, $700 seems fair for a shopped EATPM with a slightly faded cabinet and a couple cloudy inserts I'll come pick it up tonight."

#685 1 year ago

This thread has veered far off topic. With the consent of the OP, I am locking this thread for the time being in hopes that if it is unlocked one day in the future it is back on topic.

If - after 30 days - any of you have a thread that you feel should be added to the best of Pinside list, PM the OP and ask that he remind me to re-open the thread...we will then see if the pause brings us back on topic.

Thank you.

2 weeks later
    #686 1 year ago

We’re back! Again, I ask respectfully, keep this thread on track. No trolling, shit posting or garbage.

A pinsider offers a brutally honest assessment of his own game that brings much applause:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-james-bond-007-le-17

1 week later
    #687 1 year ago

Someone goes trying to speculative sell his spot for a Pulp Fiction LE - $2500 OVER the MSRP price once fully delivered. It is quite a shock when the community collectively tells him to go fuck himself.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pulp-fiction-bad-mother-flipper-le/page/1

#688 1 year ago

I ran out of downvotes before i got to the end.

He watched that arsehole D0n do the same thing in fathom, did the same thing himself in Fathom, and learnt fuck all.

Self destruct.

At least D0n did it after people were pelting out of preorders and he collected them because he had confidence in the company. I think it was only when he realised he would have to pay for three or four games upfront that he went all money psycho.

His intentions were right when he acted, not like this current contestant for arsehole of the year.

#689 1 year ago

I'm here to say I'm super happy this thread is back.

#690 12 months ago

You guys get so hard when there’s a pricing thread to circle jerk to.

#691 12 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I hate criticizing any for sale ad but charging $2500 over for just a spot warrants every downvote and wrath of Pinside. The same for similar stupidity.

#692 12 months ago

He shut the thread/sale down and still is getting downvoted. Lots of stupidity is needed to achieve that.

#693 12 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Got one in the making. Hopefully, the OP will get all poo poo face and bring the heat with his passive aggressive banter!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-metallica-premium-5
    *** EDIT - In a great twist, the OP doesn't even know what edition game he has as he tries to charge $15000 OBO in June 2022 for a game paid at most $8800 for in January 2022.

update . owner got 15k . And paid 6400 to the door in 2015 . Appreciate the interest in my posts.

#694 12 months ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

He shut the thread/sale down and still is getting downvoted. Lots of stupidity is needed to achieve that.

It was shut down when it was at 200 downvotes.

#695 12 months ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Can still downvote. Went and completed the full set this morning.

#696 12 months ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

It’s at 230 last I checked. The virtual version of being pelted off the stage with rotten tomatoes.

#697 12 months ago
    Quoted from punkin:

Can still downvote. Went and completed the full set this morning.

Oh I know, it was just a point of reference for how many it’s accrued after lock.

#698 12 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

agree, we hate seeing anybody else make a cent profit

#699 11 months ago

Really it’s any thread this person posts in. I have a feeling mods will be busy chasing his discussions around.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-unsecured-payments

#700 11 months ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Really it’s any thread this person posts in. I have a feeling mods will be busy chasing his discussions around.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-unsecured-payments

That person is creating multiple accounts to stir up nonsense. Its pathetic someone has so little to do in life and resorts to that trash.

So are we guessing its Caneduh or i know of another Pinsider that liked to make fake accounts for silly BS as well

There are 855 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-of-pinside-threads/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.