Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pwaka1986
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey everyone, I made a couple brackets that pit the top 64 Pinside ranked (plus or minus a few of my favorites) machines of the 80s and of the 90s. Check them out for some bracket fun.

https://brackify.com/bracket/20619/Pinball-Machines-of-the-80s

https://brackify.com/bracket/20629/Pinball-Machines-of-the-90s

https://brackify.com/bracket/20790/Top-Pinball-Machine-since-2000

#2 5 years ago

that was more painful than I expected

#3 5 years ago

Tough choices. Fun tho. I like these

#4 5 years ago

So each round is a month? If so this could take a while...

#5 5 years ago

Really enjoyed those brackets!

#6 5 years ago

Yeah, a few of those in the 80s were really tough. Elvira and Quicksilver meeting in the round of thirty-two was tough. I would have ideally had both of those in my round of eight. Hardbody would also have advanced beyond many of these machines, especially in the lower left hand bracket. My final four ended up as Taxi, High Speed, Fathom and Centaur. Fathom was my winner.

The 90s was much less interesting for me. I almost wanted to weed out the big three fan layouts earlier. My underdogs was Fish Tales, which made it all the way to the round of eight. I also really liked the match-up of Creature versus Congo. Both took took out higher rated games and then met in the sweet sixteen. I had Congo advancing, but that was really close.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

So each round is a month? If so this could take a while...

Nevermind. I was doing it wrong. I thought all votes were tallied and then the next round starts for another round of voting.

#8 5 years ago

I picked Eight Ball Deluxe and Theater of Magic.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, a few of those in the 80s were really tough. Elvira and Quicksilver meeting in the round of thirty-two was tough. I would have ideally had both of those in my round of eight. Hardbody would also have advanced beyond many of these machines, especially in the lower left hand bracket. My final four ended up as Taxi, High Speed, Fathom and Centaur. Fathom was my winner.
The 90s was much less interesting for me. I almost wanted to weed out the big three fan layouts earlier. My underdogs was Fish Tales, which made it all the way to the round of eight. I also really liked the match-up of Creature versus Congo. Both took took out higher rated games and then met in the sweet sixteen. I had Congo advancing, but that was really close.

I agree about the 90s one being less fun. In general, I enjoy the nice balance of a midrange ruleset and the more creative less licensed themes of the late 80s games. System 11 machines have a spot in my heart.

Creature and fish tales are two of my favorite 90s tables. Never been a big fan of the high rated attack from Mars or Addams Family.

#10 5 years ago

Big game and funhouse by a landslide.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Big game and funhouse by a landslide.

I’ve never played Big Game, I’ll have to check it out

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Pwaka1986:

I’ve never played Big Game, I’ll have to check it out

Come to the Cleveland pinball show in a few weeks and play mine!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Come to the Cleveland pinball show in a few weeks and play mine!

I will be busy then. have you ever gone to the Ann Arbor VFW? They have 400+ machines open to the public one or two weekends a year. the big show is in early May. Very well kept machines and so much fun. I saw Big Game there, but I had so many other tables to try out for the first time. Pretty much all of the machines in these lists were there. Comet was the only one i actually noticed not being there because I've never played a Comet yet.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Pwaka1986:

I will be busy then. have you ever gone to the Ann Arbor VFW? They have 400+ machines open to the public one or two weekends a year. the big show is in early May. Very well kept machines and so much fun. I saw Big Game there, but I had so many other tables to try out for the first time. Pretty much all of the machines in these lists were there. Comet was the only one i actually noticed not being there because I've never played a Comet yet.

I haven’t been! I plan to go in 2019. Heard nothing but good stuff.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven’t been! I plan to go in 2019. Heard nothing but good stuff.

get your tickets by March or so. It sold out a good month in advance last year.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Pwaka1986:

I agree about the 90s one being less fun. In general, I enjoy the nice balance of a midrange ruleset and the more creative less licensed themes of the late 80s games. System 11 machines have a spot in my heart.
Creature and fish tales are two of my favorite 90s tables. Never been a big fan of the high rated attack from Mars or Addams Family.

There are only a handful of games I don't like.

#17 5 years ago

Loving these results, thanks to all who’ve participated

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There are only a handful of games I don't like.

LIONMAN!!!

#19 5 years ago

I’ve just added a third bracket for 2000-present but since there’s so many remakes and Le’s and Pros I didn’t get specific. Only a 32 seeder this time

https://brackify.com/bracket/20790/Top-Pinball-Machine-since-2000

1 week later
#21 5 years ago

Would anyone be interested in a 70's one? I'm not as familiar with the pre solid state machines thats why I haven't done one yet.

#22 5 years ago

Final Four were Maiden, Thrones, Metallica and Star Trek with Maiden winning.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Final Four were Maiden, Thrones, Metallica and Star Trek with Maiden winning.

I’ve only had the chance to really put in time on a Metallica from your top 4 so far. A friend of mine has a tron and ghostbusters so those are the only newer ones I’ve really played much. I love maiden so I’m sure I’ll like it

#25 5 years ago

Final days to vote

#26 5 years ago

That was pretty cool I got bk2k 80s, mm 90s, maiden for 2000s.

#27 5 years ago

Today is the last day to vote for 80s 90s. Thanks to all that voted!

#28 5 years ago

There’s a bk2k at my local arcade. Only sys 11 they have and it’s the one I play the most. It’s so frustrating and awesomely fun at the same time

#29 5 years ago

That was fun.

My 3 finalists.

Eight Ball Deluxe
Medieval Madness
Spider-Man

#30 5 years ago

last day to vote for the 2000's bracket!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 4,600.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-of-pinball-bracket-competition-?hl=slghokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.