(Topic ID: 6018)

Best non-pinball attributes of pinball machines?

By jitneystand1

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jespo_19
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Picked up a LW3 a couple of weeks ago. At certain times you have to reach for the gun handle and try to pop (up to) 6 rounds into a guy on the DMD while maintaining control of the ball(s) in play. Never have I had so much fun with a non-pinball feature, in fact most of the time I think it detracts from play so I don't much care for them.

So it got me thinking...what are the greatest non-pinball attributes out there?

#2 12 years ago

I like the gear shifter on HS2

#3 12 years ago

Shooting the water skiers on FT.

#4 12 years ago

I just got my pingulp attachment added

#5 12 years ago

Bone Busters skull...
    "Come and get me!" etc...
    "Heeere's one eye", always makes me laugh.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I just got my pingulp attachment added

Concur on that one!

#7 12 years ago

The screaming Dalek on DW.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

I just got my pingulp attachment added []

Oh yeah, pingulps are great. If you play a "physical" game though use the one on the pin next to you - I have had a couple of spillovers after a particularly vigorous nudge

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I like the gear shifter on HS2

I also love this. Sometimes feels like you are really changing car gears when you are on a roll.

#10 12 years ago

Pingulps, Water Skiers, Daleks and Gear Shifter in that order

#11 12 years ago

T2 and T3 vid modes are cool, grabbing the gun firing play on various games and smart missle of Defender.

#12 12 years ago

BSD ( shoot the Wolves Video Mode ) ,,,
    Black Rose - 3-Video modes ( Throw-n the Knife - Swing-n Ship to ship - Rapid flip to swim from Shark ) -- No Fear ( Motorcycle Jumping - obsticle course ) etc.. I Love the Video modes..

Quoted from NimblePin:

Bone Busters skull...
    "Come and get me!" etc...
    "Heeere's one eye", always makes me laugh.

Bone Buster's

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

BSD ( shoot the Wolves Video Mode ) ,,,

Plus one on that.

#14 12 years ago

rocky and bullwinkle had a similar feature, boris lights a bomb fuse and you have to rapidly hit the button to put it out! that was always a frantic rush! i think goldeneye and DE star wars have this type of thing too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-non-pinball-attributes-of-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.