Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Finrod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Medusa-0006-sm.JPG
Medusa-0005-sm.JPG
Medusa-0004-sm.JPG
Medusa-0003-sm.JPG
Medusa-0002-sm.JPG
Medusa-0001-sm.JPG
IMG_1577.JPG

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

bad cats, although i seem to be in the minority on that one, maybe medusa as well

#52 7 years ago

Bad Cats has awesome music, certainly.

Laser Cue has some settings that can make it extra-vicious. You already have to complete the drop target bank in order, 1-5, but it has three difficulty settings: reset to 3, reset to 2, reset to 1. Reset to 3 is the default; what 'reset to n' refers to is how far it will reset to and starting with which target enforced perfection begins. By default you can score 1 and 2 and if you score any others in between, they just reset; but once you score 3, you can't score 5 before 4 else it resets to 3. Setting it to 'reset to 1' means you have to hit 1 2 3 4 5 in that order and anything out of order resets the entire bank.

#53 7 years ago

in SS electronic single ball, 8BDLX should be top of list

#54 7 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe, Star Gazer, Sea Witch, Paragon, Big Game.

#55 7 years ago

I agree with you guys, cyclone, eight ball deluxe, and flash gordon. Can't go wrong with any of those three awesome games. Flash gordon seems to have a bunch of closet fans.

#56 7 years ago

Eight ball deluxe !!! Honerable mention to stargazer, Sinbad, Skateball and Flash

#57 7 years ago

Flash is one of my favorites, doesn't need mb.

#58 7 years ago

I love the break-away plunger lane on Flash, Skateball and Laser Cue. It's nice to get away from that traditional top-arch design. Makes the games seem faster, and frees up PF space for more options.

#59 7 years ago

Flash! it really does have great flow once you learn it, getting the special lit is always a blast.

#60 7 years ago

Bad Cats!!! Don't even miss it, the game is challenging enough.

Meow, Meow, Meow, Meowwww...

#61 7 years ago

I haven't seen SS Joker Poker mentioned yet... Excellent game

#62 7 years ago

If you can get past the awful sound, Counter Force.

#63 7 years ago

I love this thread. Its bringing back many good memories as these are the pins I grew up playing. Ebd,Sinbad,Gorgar,Meteor,Paragon, Supersonic,Tri Zone were local favs but Flash Gordon was the elusive pin. Still is.

#65 7 years ago

Star Gazer & Warlok

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Wait, are we talking ALL SS, (technically all pins are Solid State from the late 70's and beyond), or Early SS? To me Cyclone, although yes a Solid State game is usually referred to as a System 11. Splitting hairs I know Only the OP knows for sure

Are there any single-ball DMD games?

#67 7 years ago

I vote Flash Gordon, great game!

#68 7 years ago

This is truly a lot of passion for these games in this thread! I can tell there are a lot of great memories attached to these games.

#69 7 years ago

There are a bunch of the "Greats" I haven't played such as Medusa or Flash Gordon. So I will have to go with Seawitch for the ones I played.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Are there any single-ball DMD games?

AFAIK only oddities like Gottlieb's Strikes & Spares, Capcom Flipper Football, etc.

viperrwk

#72 7 years ago

medusa is a superb game for lots of things, but may be not the more important : the gameplay

its surelly a personnal taste, but the "in-outlanes" are a mess...

#73 7 years ago

bad cats and meteor

#74 7 years ago

Ghostbusters.

#75 7 years ago

Definitely Cyclone.

#76 7 years ago

Most Zaccaria generation 2 (1982+) did not implement multiball. Some of them are really excellent (Pinball Champ, Locomotion, Farfalla...). Try them if you find some nearby!

#77 7 years ago

Next to impossible to name just one game its like saying one of your kids is better. Cyclone, Gorgar, Seawitch and Joker Poker.

#78 7 years ago

Comet...I've owned it for most of twenty years.....8BDLE....I've owned it for most of twenty years also.

#79 7 years ago

Love Cyclone, Comet, and Eight Ball Deluxe.

#80 7 years ago

Another vote for Cyclone.

#81 7 years ago

Cyclone, without a doubt... Closely followed by Meteor.

#82 7 years ago

I guess I know which games are next on my must play list.

#83 7 years ago

Another vote for cyclone, haunted house, medusa, and farfalla! Love all of those games

#84 7 years ago

Cyclone!

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

I love the break-away plunger lane on Flash, Skateball and Laser Cue. It's nice to get away from that traditional top-arch design. Makes the games seem faster, and frees up PF space for more options.

Yeah, it's great on Laser Cue, except when the plunger shot manages to just slightly miss the spinner and the ball stops dead there, rolls off, and SDTM.

Then you curse the design that gave you a SDTM where you never got to touch the ball with your flippers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside