(Topic ID: 50774)

Best non ghosting leds

By Pinballgeek

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I was wandering what leds do you think that are not blinding but dont ghost as much as some leds do and what company do you recomend

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

The title says all

No it doesn't.

LEDs either ghost or they don't. So what your definition of "best" is depends on a variety of factors, including the application that you want to use them for. Some no ghost LEDs are brighter than others. Depending on the application, the brighter ones might be too bright, so they wouldn't be the "best".

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

No it doesn't.
    LEDs either ghost or they don't. So what your definition of "best" is depends on a variety of factors, including the application that you want to use them for. Some no ghost LEDs are brighter than others. Depending on the application, the brighter ones might be too bright, so they wouldn't be the "best".

Agreed. Do you mean best as in don't ghost the best? or best as in don't ghost and are bright? So many factors here that go into "best" LED and a lot of opinion is thrown around as well.

#4 10 years ago

Changed the original post

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

If you don't need real bright ones, the ghostbusters from Pinball Life are great.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Where did you wander off to? lol ok jk now!

PinballBulbs.com uses a brighter LED chip, but with a frosted cap they are not blinding and cap can be removed if you want brighter so you dont have to order multiple bulbs

CT - they use a couple of options so you can get a "dimmer" version with the smaller 2 LED chips

PBL - I honestly haven't used these in premiums, but if they are anything like their non-premium bulbs then they are definitely not as bright, but that be what you want.

So much of this is personal preference so I would suggest grabbing a few from each site.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

PinballBulbs.com uses a brighter LED chip, but with a frosted cap they are not blinding and cap can be removed if you want brighter so you dont have to order multiple bulbs

They make non-ghosting LEDs? I know that they plan to, but I didn't think they had them yet?

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

They make non-ghosting LEDs? I know that they plan to, but I didn't think they had them yet?

Oh, yeah true. oops! Ok ,well append that to read "when they do". Thanks for the clarification

#9 10 years ago

sorry for sounding stupid, but what is ghosting? I am thinking of doing a set of LED's...

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from loppydog:

sorry for sounding stupid, but what is ghosting? I am thinking of doing a set of LED's...

Ghosting is when the LED is faintly on, but it shouldn't be activated. It lights the inserts a bit, some games are worse than others.

#11 10 years ago

Agreed with RobT

Pinball Life if you want one with about the brightness of an incandescent bulb. Cointaker if you want a bit more light. Cointaker has super brights, frosted and 2 LED's. For large inserts I like to use the frosted ones. For small ones the supers work great.

#12 10 years ago

Not sure there is a 'best' non-ghosting LED since there are many variances that come into play like where it is on the playfield and how bright you need it to be.

As RobT mentioned if you are not looking for a bright look non-ghosting LED then Pinball life's ghostbusters are pretty darn good. However, if your looking for some more brightness or ability to get a non-ghosting flex LED then Cointaker's premium LEDs would be ideal. Pinheads like different looks in terms of LEDs so I think the 'best' would vary from person to person. I'd say get a few from each vendor and see which you prefer in person as pictures do LEDs no justice at all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-non-ghosting-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.