Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Phetishboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Mousin' Around is a very fun pin. Not easy to track one down. It has a lot going on. Many shots, three ramps, the ball locks for multi-ball are great. I think if the theme was better the pin would be far more in demand.

#52 10 years ago

funhouse , gorgar , black knight , cheetah , pinbot

#53 10 years ago

To many pins really, but if pressed I would say funhouse for that era.

#54 10 years ago

I'm standing here staring at 8 non-DMD machines that are the "Best-8" non-DMD's out there in my opinion.
That's my collection.
See my collection and ratings to see how I think they stack up against each other.
Short answer:

Diner #1
not Funhouse
not Whirlwind

thanks!
-mof

#55 10 years ago

Cool to see all the love for Space Shuttle but I think Black Knight 2000 wins for me: It's the whole package.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Cool to see all the love for Space Shuttle but I think Black Knight 2000 wins for me: It's the whole package.

Space shuttle was my first game. I brought it home after school and my mom was pissed. Got it from a cyberstation ie namco for 75 bucks

#58 10 years ago

F-14 or Funhouse for Williams

Volcano (super fast widebody) or black hole for gottlieb

#59 10 years ago

I like:

EATPM
BOP
BK2K
F-14
BH
Whirlwind

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Space Shuttle was my first game. I brought it home after school and my mom was pissed. Got it from a cyberstation ie namco for 75 bucks

My story is very much like yours except for, well... about $800 give or take. :-/

#61 10 years ago

There are a lot of great pre-dmd games that have been mentioned. My top games would be Centaur and yes Funhouse. FH is unique in that it is an alphanumeric WPC game. I think Bride of Pinbot and Harley Davidson are the only 2 others like this.

#62 10 years ago

Just look at the games in my collection. Any one of those you could spend hours upon hours on playing for a long time. No right answer. All the games mentioned are great too.

#63 10 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe

#64 10 years ago

My fav non-dmd games:

Centaur
Fathom
HS
WW
BOP
FG
ES
Diner
Taxi
FH

I have come to conclusion that a pin does not need a dmd to be good. Once you get over that, your eyes will be open to some really good games that just don't have or need a dmd.

my 2 cents
mike

#65 10 years ago

Sneaky! Another vote for WOZ here.

#66 10 years ago

Bad Cats, Bride of Pinbot, Pinbot, Taxi, Rollergames, so many more I have yet to play.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Bally Hoo. They made three times as many of them as EBD or TAF.
LTG : )

Quoted from LTG:

Bally Hoo. They made three times as many of them as EBD or TAF.
LTG : )

What will they do in '32? Play Ballyhoo! Neither one of can remember that one, eh?

#68 10 years ago

Centaur
Pinbot
Centigrade 37

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have come to conclusion that a pin does not need a dmd to be good. Once you get over that, your eyes will be open to some really good games that just don't have or need a dmd.

I think the appropriate question is: How does having something visual and NOT in the playfield (other than your score) help a game that is about keeping track of a ball and reacting to it?

I personally think a DMD is a sign of weakness, and I avoid playing them for the most part. There are many great DMD games out there, but for the most part, I think the stop 'n go wait for animations, or being forced to play a cheap video game in the DMD is a step back for pinball.

In short, when I step up to a machine to play pinball, I want to "play pinball". (I considering "playing pinball" -- tracking the ball in motion with my eyes, or reacting to the ball when it approaches an outlane or a flipper bat.) Every time the game takes pinball away from me for more than 2-3 seconds (such as locking a ball, or starting multi-ball), I'm disappointed. Thus, I focus on playing the BEST non-DMD games ever made, because for me, I think that's where the best pinball is played.

-mof

#70 10 years ago

centaur

#71 10 years ago

centaur, firepower

#72 10 years ago

Taxi, Bride, Sorcerer, Grand Lizard, Space Shuttle, Firepower... I love Williams SS games!

#73 10 years ago

Fireball?

Skill Shot, Zipper Flippers, Outlane Kickback, Three ball Multiball

EM!

Flippin cool

#74 10 years ago

Blackout and Split Second for something new in this list.

Fathom
Centaur
Eight Ball Deluxe
Medusa
Centigrade 37
Joker Poker

Kim

#75 10 years ago

Stargazer, Funhouse...couple of my faves

#76 10 years ago

PINBOT

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-non-dmd-pinball-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.