Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Euchrid
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Was just wondering what people would choose currently for a NIB pin. Tron still available also. Tron, Avatar, Transformers, etc?

#2 11 years ago

Tron or AC/DC for sure.

Hulk looks cool, but I have not played it.

#3 11 years ago

Of those three you have listed, Tron.

#4 11 years ago

Tron or ACDC no doubt!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 11 years ago

AC/DC .
Have not played Tron yet ,but sounds like I need to by the way everyone talks about it.

#6 11 years ago

Fast & furious = ACDC
Stylish & ready to mod = Tron

Avatar & TF are less popular but still great games with a neat theme.

#7 11 years ago

In other words...stripped and barren for the regular price.

#8 11 years ago

AC/DC or Tron.

#9 11 years ago

Avengers LE or ACDC Prem.

#10 11 years ago

Tron, Xmen Pro, or ACDC Prem (Sorry, but I hated the short few games I had on ACDC Pro, but Premium looks great!)

#11 11 years ago

Lovin avengers! I have Hulk and it is a blast, it has some easy modes, but hard hard hard to beat

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from arizonabuck:

Was just wondering what people would choose currently for a NIB pin. Tron still available also. Tron, Avatar, Transformers, etc?

Out of those the three listed, I would say TRON !!!

Depending on the price you want to spend, next would be AC/DC Prem then Avengers LE

#13 11 years ago

Get yourself in front of the ones you're considering and you'll find the decision much easier to make.
Some are going to tell you Transformers is the way to go. Others will argue Avengers. My buddy would probably say Tron, and I'd say AC/DC Premium.
Of course, the basic Tron is a great game and much cheaper than AC/DC Premium so there's $ to consider as well.
Play some games and you'll know which way to go.

#14 11 years ago

I have not played TF or acdc or Avengers, but I got my Tron pro and am so glad I did, can not go wrong with Tron.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

but I got my Tron pro and am so glad I did, can not go wrong with Tron.

I agree

#16 11 years ago

Are you looking to get a Pro model?

Consider this as an idea. IMO, a HUO (esp a single owner) or NIB (pre-LE) Stern is probably a more feature rich game than some of the newer ones. A friend of mine bought a NIB/Store display Shrek for Christmas and its on par with my ACDC Premium. Colored rails and legs, mini-playfield, lots of toys etc.

If you compare some recent Pro model games:
Avengers
X-Men
ACDC
Transformers
Tron

with some earlier games from the last decade

Shrek
Spider-Man
Batman Dark Knight
Lord of the Rings
Pirates of the Caribbean
Simpsons Pinball Party

To name a few of the more popular ones. These games are generally have more extra features etc. I would be very happy with a new or nearly new of these. Just a thought. Good luck with your purchase.

#17 11 years ago

Best bang for buck NIB is Tron. If you want to go up in price AC/DC premium is awesome. I have not played Avengers but it's getting positive reviews.

#18 11 years ago

AC/DC Premium is your best bet. Tron Pro is really good as well and less expensive.

#19 11 years ago

Too bad you're not near Boston. I have all three on location in Cambridge, MA. You can't go wrong with Avengers, AC/DC, or Tron. It's really just a matter of personal preference.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from arizonabuck:

For gameplay, AC/DC. For looks, Tron. For potential if they get the code right, XM. If you just have money to burn...Avatar or TF. That said, I wouldn't buy a Pro AC/DC, not nearly as good as the Premiums/LEs and I actually prefer the TF and XM Pro to the LEs. LE features there are not nearly enough bang for the buck in those and in some cases, they are downright negatives. I have not played an Avengers, so I can't comment there. My recent Stern list in order would go...

AC/DC Premium
Tron Pro (Only because LE price is ridiculous)
XM Pro
TF Pro

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Are you looking to get a Pro model?
Consider this as an idea. IMO, a HUO (esp a single owner) or NIB (pre-LE) Stern is probably a more feature rich game than some of the newer ones. A friend of mine bought a NIB/Store display Shrek for Christmas and its on par with my ACDC Premium. Colored rails and legs, mini-playfield, lots of toys etc.
If you compare some recent Pro model games:
Avengers
X-Men
ACDC
Transformers
Tron
with some earlier games from the last decade
Shrek
Spider-Man
Batman Dark Knight
Lord of the Rings
Pirates of the Caribbean
Simpsons Pinball Party
To name a few of the more popular ones. These games are generally have more extra features etc. I would be very happy with a new or nearly new of these. Just a thought. Good luck with your purchase.

Great post.

#22 11 years ago

Still waiting for something special to come out with all new features and that makes the game feel completely new with the technology we have today. The 90's era games really hold up to the new games that come out these days for the most part.

#23 11 years ago

The 90s Stern (Sega/DE) games are better than the current ones by far...

#24 11 years ago

I love these threads.... impossible to make a decision based on a different opinion from each person, most of which probably have nothing to do with the OP's desires.

#25 11 years ago

assuming the price was the same I'd go (in order) ACDC, tron, xmen, avatar, stones, bbh, transformers. if you could score BBH, stones or avatar for under $4000 you might want to consider those. I haven't played the avengers but I own acdc, tron, avatar, stones, wolverine and previously owned BBH

#26 11 years ago

If I could only have one prem =ACDC.
If I could only have one Pro - tron then xmen.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from arizonabuck:

This is funny. Cue ACDC lovers! Cue Tron lovers! They will be the most vocal. And why not? They are good, maybe even great games. But you really should play what you can and then decide. Because there are alot of TFLE and XMEN lovers out there...and AV kicks ass. This is alot of money...and Pinside is but a small slice of the Pinball community.

#28 11 years ago

Trouble is the OP should not buy any NIB pin There's nothing out there worth buying that isn't massively overpriced aside from Predator which is sold out on pre-orders. No risk ones, like they should be. Sure he could get a Tron, but it's Tron Lite, the LE is the one worth owning.

#29 11 years ago

Well, I could have got a Tron too, and I chose TFLE, because I prefer it. They are about the same price these days and TFLE is a steal for that. XMEN pro is fun too, but pay a few hundred more and get the LE. Lots of fun games available. Even Avatar.

With MM, MB, AFM going for $8-$15K in excellent condition, I'd rather have a REAL new game for $5-7K...or something like a cherry IM, LOTR or SM for $4,500 - $6k.

#30 11 years ago

With WoZ shipping so soon, why not consider it?

#31 11 years ago

When talking about full featured pins- how do you think the predator pin rates- would it be more like a stern pro or a stern premium? I know price wise it is more like pro but feature wise I can't decide. Avengers pro certainly has a lot more than recent stern pros (hulk toy, drop targets, tesseract spinner, diverter)

#32 11 years ago

Tron or ACDC

#33 11 years ago

i was thinking on a Tron Pro, but can't make up my mind. Nevus has a good point about the pre-le Sterns.

#34 11 years ago

acdc would be no good for me. I'm into my 40's now and I have four young kids. just not something I'd want at this point in time.

#35 11 years ago

X-Men LE all the way!

#36 11 years ago

Get a TFLE Combo shipped to your door for $5,800 or less. Has a shaker, beautiful powder coat, fast gameplay, great sound, Very challenging, and its about to get the mother of all updates! It will increase in value the first week you own it.

#37 11 years ago

i hate to get flamed, but avatar is a great game especially if you get one new in box...plus you can save some money.../hides and puts on flame suit

#38 11 years ago

Avatar is yet another game with an unfair rap. One more ramp on that game and its one of the 8 or 9 top 5 Sterns!

#39 11 years ago

avatar is one of my favorites. in my opinion it has great shots, an easy to understand rule set yet lighting navi is tough enough that only the better pin players can do it regularly. stacking navi on top of link and amp is as fun as stacking buck on top of elk and bird in BBH! besides there is a lot to be said for a game that allows for 10x to 20x (or more) multipliers at the end of a ball.

#40 11 years ago

Non of the above acdc pro or premium would be the best option

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

One more ramp on that game and its one of the 8 or 9 top 5 Sterns!

"60% of the time, it works everytime."

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

"60% of the time, it works everytime."

And never forget that 90% of pinball is half mental!

#43 11 years ago

I see someone selling Hulk LE for $8200 already...prolly best to pass on that one, haha Shazaam!

AC/DC .

#44 11 years ago

WOZ or Hobbit!

You can buy a regular WOZ that doesn't seem all that different from the LE or wait until they are released and buy a used WOZ when someone gets tired of it. Either that or you could offer me a stack of Benjamin's for my second WOZECLE (NIB) that I bought.

Stern is doing some very nice pinz but Avaturd???? come on, that game is a born loser!

TFLE is a great game and I feel underrated. I own one and enjoy playing it often. I have one on route as well and it earns very good too.

X-men regular (not LE) seems to be a better bang for your buck.

AC/DC is a great game too.

Jackontherocks sounds like an endorsement for WOZECLE... Something new and different!

Stern just recycles old games with new titles albeit some are being made that are fun pinballs and their quality has come up to a reasonable level in the last few releases. Not the junk like 24, plasticman, IJ4, Avaturd, rolling stones, and the rest of the surfboard playfields they made for a while.

Ck

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I see someone selling Hulk LE for $8200 already...prolly best to pass on that one, haha Shazaam!
AC/DC .

Better jump on it. Best pin eveh!

#46 11 years ago

I did this same calculation for myself about a month ago. AC/DC won for me.

Good luck in making your choice!

#47 11 years ago

gotta love a guy that refers to avatar as avaturd shortly after he fawns over a game that hasn't even been released. what the tool forgot to tell you is his joke of a game WOZ is going to cost close to double what avatar costs. better yet maybe you should take his advice and wait two years to get your first NIB game and pick up the hobbit. yup! good advice. these pro jjp people are worse than an infomercial. too bad their kool aid isn't the jim jones variety. play the games yourself and decide if the stones, avatar or BBH are worth less than $4000. if not try tron, acdc, xmen or avengers are worth less than $5000 delivered. if you still are undecided go TRY and find a WOZ to play; be prepared to be disappointed because their code isn't finished. you think xmen LE people are disappointed? try paying a grand more for a pretty game, promises and unfinished code.

#48 11 years ago

AC/DC is king if you dig music pins.
TF le or Avengers LE. Unless you can find a NIB Tron Le

Right now in this minute knowing what I know having all of them now or at one point. Avengers Le. Then AC/DC premium later or TF LE after code update.

#49 11 years ago

For the money and bang for your buck.... the Tron Pro is an excellent choice. It's the only NIB pin I have and don't regret it one bit. I've also got young kids, so I understand your concern with AC/DC. If you were to go down that route....AC/DC pro did nothing for me.... the premium on the other hand beats them all hands down. Again, Tron Pro is your best option IMHO.

#50 11 years ago

I like AC/DC way more than Tron, personally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-nib-to-buy/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.